Eclipse Sky Suite Noise?

Check the S class sticky at the top of the page.  Eclipse, equinox and Solstice have the same layout.  Check the cabins that are available and then check passenger comments in the sticky.  
If a cabin you are considering has reviews on the spreadsheet from any the 3 ships above your experience would be similar.

The Aqua Sky Suites will have very few, if any, noise issues. Those further toward the aft, Sky Suites, will have more noise from carts rolling over tiled floor. The further aft, the more noise likely. 

We have sailed in Sky Suites mid-way between the elevators and the end of the ship.  The buffet carts started rolling around 3 am and kept rolling most of the day and into the evening.  The noise was not super loud, but it was kind of annoying.  It was not enough to keep me up at night or require ear plugs, but if you are sensitive to noise it can be an issue.  I agree - the Aqua Sky Suites are in the best location and rarely have noise issues of this type.  Cynical (and likely correct) me believes that's why they turned them into Aqua Sky so they could charge more, as they were the most requested.

• Like 1

We had a Sky Suite on Equinox right below OVC in Dec 2022.  The noise at night was horrible.  Every night from 1-4am there were carts of dishes rolling across the tile and waking us up.  We spoke to our butler daily about it, Guest Services, and the Retreat staff as well, and no changes.  It wasn't until the 4rd night at Luminae when an officer came around to ask how everything was.  My sleep deprived wife went off on him.  He said he would resolve it and walked away.  My wife said I doubt anything will change.  I said to her "That was the captain".

We never heard the noise again, and we had a $900 FCC in our room the next day.  It's something they know about and just hope no one complains.

Our favorite cabins on S class ships are Deck 12 Aft Sky Suites.  We have never been awakened by any noises and no noise during the day.  I am a light sleeper.

5 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

Our favorite cabins on S class ships are Deck 12 Aft Sky Suites.  We have never been awakened by any noises and no noise during the day.  I am a light sleeper.

I agree.  I'm also a light sleeper and never heard noise of any kind mid ship Sky Suite.

• Like 1

It really depends on 1) how tolerant of noise you are & what section of Oceanview you are under. We did a Sunset Sky suite on Deck 12 aft (2148) this past May on the Solstice, below the Oceanview bar. It was in a word ... dreadful. The scraping noise of chairs was almost non-stop, minimized one day because of lousy weather. We have sailed in a variety of suites over the years. We mentioned it to the Retreat concierge who basically said they know about the problem and threw us a paltry FCC for our "inconvenience." Pssssh. 

We have stayed in corner aft Sunset Sky suite (not deck 12) without issue. We totally own that the cabin was in such an awful location taking the risk of a Move-up from Aqua - we should have stayed put. That's also one reason to be very leary when making a Move-up bid to a Sky Suite on certain S class ships. My husband and I agree if a suite below Oceanview is the last available, we'll just move right along and will never make a Move-up to a Sky Suite - too risky.

I stayed in 2130 in the grouping below the OVC.    Starting about 6AM it feels and sounds like a subway passing every 10 to 15 minutes.     When I inspected I found it was directly below the dis washing area and they pull these heavy carts full of dishes out .    It goes until 10 then resumes at lunch and dinner times.  

Would NEVER stay in that area again.

image.thumb.png.47ead5fb45aed8942d1caf70bae08268.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bjahil47 said:

I’m always afraid to book aft because of motion.  I’m not super sensitive but we’ve been on a few rough sailings.  So how much motion is there aft on S class?  And where have you cruised?  Our worst for motion was Patagonia (South America).

16 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’m always afraid to book aft because of motion.  I’m not super sensitive but we’ve been on a few rough sailings.  So how much motion is there aft on S class?  And where have you cruised?  Our worst for motion was Patagonia (South America).

I have the same issues.  I'm not sure what to say except of course it depends on the seas.  I definitely can feel the motion on S class - less than M class but still noticeable.  I also feel more rocking side to side which maybe doesn't bother me as much but it is noticeable.  I have cruised there primarily in the Caribbean

21 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I have never been bothered by the motion except walking all the way back (maybe I had too many 🍸).  We have only done Caribbean in the aft.  I don’t think I’m prone to seasickness.  Long time ago took a boat from LA to Catalina Island.  Water was very rough.  Almost everyone was using the barf bags and looked green.  I had a great time!  

37 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

I have never been bothered by the motion except walking all the way back (maybe I had too many 🍸).  We have only done Caribbean in the aft.  I don’t think I’m prone to seasickness.  Long time ago took a boat from LA to Catalina Island.  Water was very rough.  Almost everyone was using the barf bags and looked green.  I had a great time!  

We were in Mexico on a nice sunny day and took a ferry.  Maybe it was back to Cozumel?  It was the worst ferry ride ever.

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I stayed in 2130 in the grouping below the OVC.    Starting about 6AM it feels and sounds like a subway passing every 10 to 15 minutes.     When I inspected I found it was directly below the dis washing area and they pull these heavy carts full of dishes out .    It goes until 10 then resumes at lunch and dinner times.  

When we booked our upcoming SYD - HNL TP there was only four Sky Suites left and none of the other Sky Suites 2127 on the port side, and three of the four Accessible Sky Suites on the starboard side.  We choose 2127 but I keep hoping something will open up between now and our sailing that will let us change.  We much prefer the Aft Corner Suites but Celebrity is only offering a Guarantee for those Sunset suites.  Not willing to give up my confirmed suite for a guarantee. 

13 hours ago, zitsky said:

I am the wrong one to ask, having been in the US  Navy for 24 years and also doing a lot of deep sea fishing in my youth with only one incident of getting sick.  However, we have never had an issue with the aft corner sky suites on the S-Class or the Aft Aqua Sky Suite on Millennium.  Even my wife has only commented once or twice when walking was a matter of widening your steps as the ship  moved a little side to side.  I like a little motion to the ocean as I feel it helps me sleep better.

Our roughest cruise so far was an Alaskan Cruise on Royal Caribbean when we were on the Pacific side headed north.  On our Japan cruise in May on the Millennium they went as far as to put out motion sickness bags on the end of the stairwell railings but we did not think it was that bad. 

Thanks for all the experiences. We are in 2129 and DW thinks we are under a carpeted area of OVC, anyone with experience with that specific cabin or can confirm if above that area is carpeted?

3 hours ago, JDPCruisers said:

Thanks for all the experiences. We are in 2129 and DW thinks we are under a carpeted area of OVC, anyone with experience with that specific cabin or can confirm if above that area is carpeted?

The area where the red line is and to the right of that is NOT carpeted.  

The very top left is the coffee/tea/water station which is not carpeted. 

image.png.b981d2d8e991119230467fd665bdf4e4.png

Thanks for this. I was trying to place exactly where the suite is located below OVC in that area. We actually just put in a move up bid to a Celebrity suite but I'm not holding out much hope.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

The area where the red line is and to the right of that is NOT carpeted.  

The very top left is the coffee/tea/water station which is not carpeted. 

image.png.b981d2d8e991119230467fd665bdf4e4.png

We are in 2124 which is under the “C “shaped area. What is that and is it carpeted?

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Thanks for this. I was trying to place exactly where the suite is located below OVC in that area. We actually just put in a move up bid to a Celebrity suite but I'm not holding out much hope.

We also put a bid on A Celebrity Suite and Royal Suite on our Solstice cruise. Check in day is tomorrow! We will see!! We just put the minimum bid in .

Edited by sdnich

21 minutes ago, sdnich said:

We are in 2124 which is under the “C “shaped area. What is that and is it carpeted?

This is the C shaped area you see on the floor plan

CelLid-90045-1718029239.webp

Just now, DaKahuna said:

This is the C shaped area you see on the floor plan

CelLid-90045-1718029239.webp

That is what I thought so I should assume traffic noise since it’s not carpeted! 

8 minutes ago, sdnich said:

That is what I thought so I should assume traffic noise since it’s not carpeted! 

Correct, especially when they are re-stocking the cups and glasses as that is when they will be wheeling carts over that area.  

I have always been preplexed why Celebrity chose to put their Suites under noisy high trafficed areas on the S-Class ships and have always tried to avoid those areas by booking the aft corner suites.  However, we ony booked our next cruise one year in advance and took the only non-accessible sky suite that was available. 

On 8/5/2024 at 5:39 PM, Jim_Iain said:

image.thumb.png.47ead5fb45aed8942d1caf70bae08268.png

We were in 2128 Equinox...no noise at all.  Perhaps Eclipse and Equinox cabins are numbered differently?

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Correct, especially when they are re-stocking the cups and glasses as that is when they will be wheeling carts over that area.  

I have always been preplexed why Celebrity chose to put their Suites under noisy high trafficed areas on the S-Class ships and have always tried to avoid those areas by booking the aft corner suites.  However, we ony booked our next cruise one year in advance and took the only non-accessible sky suite that was available. 

We just upgraded last week and it was the only SS left. Also love the aft corner on 11 or 10 !! We have a bid in for a Celebrity suite and there are 4 available so we are hoping for a move up! If not I will assume it is going to be loud and hope for the best !!