Sky Suite add on guests for dining

Mara4166

We are currently booked in a sky suite (2 people).  We are considering suggesting to some friends that they also book the cruise.  The problem is we are not close enough to want to share a room and there are no full suites or club class mini-suites available. 

What are the chances we could get them into Sabatini’s for breakfast and reserve dining area for lunch/dinner?  Under normal circumstances there is no chance at all, but given we are in the Sky suite which can sleep 5 people, I was wondering if the dining perks could be extended to 2 more people so they are there for 4 total?  I could ask when the on-shore concierge contacts us, but that is quite a long way out.

Related, but different query, does anyone know who the SEM is on the Sky Princess?  Do the SEMs change frequently?

Posted (edited)

As far as I know you must be in a full suite to dine at Sabatini's for breakfast. Princess has been strict on that. It's the same with Reserve Class dining. You have to be a in a qualified cabin to dine there.

What is an SEM? 

You can dine with them in the normal DRs, specialty and casual restaurants and room service.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 3

If it’s far out, could they book a guarantee cabin, reserve mini suite or suite?  Or, is it sold out?  

I’ve never heard of them allowing guests into reserve class MDR. IDK.
They would not be booked/paid in your suite, even though you have room for 5 in there.

3 hours ago, Mara4166 said:

What are the chances we could get them into Sabatini’s for breakfast and reserve dining area for lunch/dinner? 

Zero chance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skynight said:

As far as I know you must be in a full suite to dine at Sabatini's for breakfast. Princess has been strict on that. It's the same with Reserve Class dining. You have to be a in a qualified cabin to dine there.

What is an SEM? 

You can dine with them in the normal DRs, specialty and casual restaurants and room service.

SEM is the Suite Experience Manager.  They are assigned to help Sky suite guests with anything they want during the cruise.  Supposedly they can work miracles.

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

If it’s far out, could they book a guarantee cabin, reserve mini suite or suite?  Or, is it sold out?  

Unfortunately they are sold out for all reserve mini suites and suites.

Posted (edited)

I am in a (not Sky) suite and wanted to share a table with another pair of guests for dinner one night.  The host carefully worded his question, but the jest was…do they dine in the Reserve Collection.  We gave them their name and he said, “yes, yes….we will set up the table for 4”.

I am sure they will suggest that you host them in your cabin. 

Edited by cr8tiv1

4 hours ago, Mara4166 said:

We are currently booked in a sky suite (2 people).  We are considering suggesting to some friends that they also book the cruise.  The problem is we are not close enough to want to share a room and there are no full suites or club class mini-suites available. 

What are the chances we could get them into Sabatini’s for breakfast and reserve dining area for lunch/dinner?  Under normal circumstances there is no chance at all, but given we are in the Sky suite which can sleep 5 people, I was wondering if the dining perks could be extended to 2 more people so they are there for 4 total?  I could ask when the on-shore concierge contacts us, but that is quite a long way out.

Related, but different query, does anyone know who the SEM is on the Sky Princess?  Do the SEMs change frequently?

While your suite sleeps 5 people you are only paying for two so I would think logically that you can't invite guests not sharing the room. Like wise if a solo pays double for a suite they can't just invite a non suite guest to dine with them. If it could be done on a regular basis everyone would be doing it and it would spoil the experience for those who paid for it.

40 minutes ago, Mara4166 said:

Unfortunately they are sold out for all reserve mini suites and suites.

If they book, could they book a regular mini suite and bid on a reserve or suite?

More likely, of course, to get the MS reserve than a full suite.  But, an option if they would want to try.

Did you check with a TA/CVP to see if they are holding back any reserve MS?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mara4166 said:

SEM is the Suite Experience Manager.  They are assigned to help Sky suite guests with anything they want during the cruise.  Supposedly they can work miracles.

Well you can always ask. 

31 minutes ago, skynight said:

Well you can always ask. 

exactly - very few 'nevers' on Princess ships ... or 'always' ... or i've never seen, so it doesn't exist/happen ... or we've always ... or, or, or

• Like 1

On 8/6/2024 at 2:05 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

I am in a (not Sky) suite and wanted to share a table with another pair of guests for dinner one night.  The host carefully worded his question, but the jest was…do they dine in the Reserve Collection.  We gave them their name and he said, “yes, yes….we will set up the table for 4”.

That’s very disappointing for guests who have paid for the privilege. I assume your guests hadn’t paid for Reserve.

On 8/6/2024 at 9:05 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

Renee, I have to ask in a very straight forward way. 😀

Were your friends in a Reserve Collection or higher cabin where they were already authorized to dine in the Reserve Collection dining area? From the way I read your post, the host seemed to confirm they were.

• Like 1

My guests are also in a suite (that’s why our host recognized their names).  Funny story … (another evening) I was returning to my table as they were waiting for a table with our waiter (a 15 minute wait).   I asked them to join us since we had just began our dinner service and had empty chairs for them. Our waiter quickly accommodated the new arrivals.  

Got to love Reserve Collection dining.

2 hours ago, Lady Meer said:

That’s very disappointing for guests who have paid for the privilege. I assume your guests hadn’t paid for Reserve.

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Renee, I have to ask in a very straight forward way. 😀

Were your friends in a Reserve Collection or higher cabin where they were already authorized to dine in the Reserve Collection dining area? From the way I read your post, the host seemed to confirm they were.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I hope they don't allow anyone who hasn't paid for a perk to enjoy that perk. If I knew someone didn't belong in the reserve class I would complain loudly about having to pay if others get it for free. Same goes for Sabitini's for breakfast. 

So what I hear you asking is   "I'm in a sky suite so I'm special so will they make exceptions for me?"

I always sail in full suites and would be embarrassed to ask for friends to get the same dining experience if they didn't pay for. 

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

My guests are also in a suite (that’s why our host recognized their names).  Funny story … (another evening) I was returning to my table as they were waiting for a table with our waiter (a 15 minute wait).   I asked them to join us since we had just began our dinner service and had empty chairs for them. Our waiter quickly accommodated the new arrivals.  

Got to love Reserve Collection dining.

I had a pretty good feeling that was the case. But I had to asked to make sure based on the OP’s question. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I had a pretty good feeling that was the case. But I had to asked to make sure based on the OP’s question. 

The OP stated their friends did NOT book reserve class or full suite.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

The OP stated their friends did NOT book reserve class or full suite.

Understand. @cr8tiv1 kind of indirectly made it sound like her friends may not have been authorized either based her statement that “the host creatively phrased the question”. I just wanted to make sure her friends were authorized to dine in the RC dining area, which they were. 😁

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I hope they don't allow anyone who hasn't paid for a perk to enjoy that perk. If I knew someone didn't belong in the reserve class I would complain loudly about having to pay if others get it for free. Same goes for Sabitini's for breakfast. 

So what I hear you asking is   "I'm in a sky suite so I'm special so will they make exceptions for me?"

I always sail in full suites and would be embarrassed to ask for friends to get the same dining experience if they didn't pay for. 

I think this is worth discussing with your friends/companions before you start your trip. We once took a Mexican Riviera trip with three other couples. Two couples had standard mini suites and two had "club class" mini suites. Now the cabins were identical (only difference was location) but the dining was a different story. My wife was really looking forward to the eight of us having dinners together each night and obviously that didn't happen. Can't blame the 2 couples in Club Class because they paid for that experience. On most cruises we've taken with friends, we would all do our own things during the day, a mix of excursions, activities and such but would all have a nice dinner together and regale each other with tales from our day. That was not how this trip went as instead of feeling like1 group of eight, the trip felt more like 2 groups of four who happened to run into each other a few times.

Our takeaway from that experience was we started sailing in full suites (that was a happy accident once and now we cant go back) and when we sail with others, we discuss pre cruise with our companions about if we will all sail in same category (full suites, reserve class, etc) so we can manage expectations.

If you are in the Sky suite on the Enchanted or Sky you have the dining table in your suite & the outside deck table that can seat at least 4 people so you could order from any of the specialty restaurants & eat together in your suite.  Your SEM can arrange something like that for you.  Good luck & enjoy your suite!

On 8/6/2024 at 3:19 AM, Mara4166 said:

Having sailed in the Sky Suite on Discovery, the SEM can work some miracles. 

My recommendation is to talk to the on shore concierge (Thor) and he will advise you and connect you with your SEM prior to boarding.

If something cannot be worked out for the public areas, there is more than enough room at your dining or balcony table to have any meals sent up to your room.

Don’t know who the SEM on Sky will be, we have had both Anna and Ivan ……both are great.

Hope you have a great cruise

1 hour ago, esad9556 said:

Having sailed in the Sky Suite on Discovery, the SEM can work some miracles.

Thank you.  I really appreciate some feedback from someone who has experience in the Sky suite.  I have heard the SEM can work miracles.  We may wait until we hear from Thor before trying to get our friends to book.

2 minutes ago, Mara4166 said:

Thank you.  I really appreciate some feedback from someone who has experience in the Sky suite.  I have heard the SEM can work miracles.  We may wait until we hear from Thor before trying to get our friends to book.

Didn't see this but a mini suite doesn't have the Sabitini's breakfast option. Enjoy your Sky Suite watched some videos and it looks lovely.