Undocumented perks of Neptune Suite

Looking for things that aren't listed by HAL that people have discovered staying in a Neptune Suite. 

For example, I've read on here that you can ask the Neptune concierge to exchange the sparkling wine you get the first day for a different bottle of wine.  Is this correct?  What are the other wine options?

Anything else that will help us noobs get the most out of a Neptune suite that you've learned from experience?

• Like 1

Yes, we have had the concierge exchange the cheap sparkling wine for a bottle of regular wine on a couple of occasions when we received another bottle as a gift from our TA.  On non-Pinnacle-class ships, you get to have breakfast in the Pinnacle dining room including free mimosas and/or real squeezed orange juice; this great perk is somewhat documented by HAL but still a lot of NS guests don't seem to know about.  The biggest thing I would say is make full use of the Neptune Lounge concierges...they can work wonders to make your cruise amazing.  I have never had to go to the front desk, shore excursions desk, or dining reservations for any reason, because the concierge can handle all that along with other problem solving.

There are other perks for Pinnacle Suite guests, but you asked about Neptune Suites.

• Like 3

Our favorite Neptune Suite perk is taking the evening dinner menu with our selections to our Neptune Lounge concierge to have her order dinner to be delivered to our suite. If we aren't eating in a specialty restaurant we prefer to have dinner in our suite. The dinners are delivered and picked up when we are through eating. Pure luxury for us.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

Our favorite Neptune Suite perk is taking the evening dinner menu with our selections to our Neptune Lounge concierge to have her order dinner to be delivered to our suite. If we aren't eating in a specialty restaurant we prefer to have dinner in our suite. The dinners are delivered and picked up when we are through eating. Pure luxury for us.

That sounds awesome!  Do you get a hard copy of the menu from somewhere, if so, where?

1 hour ago, Djptcp said:

1 hour ago, hummingbird_206 said:

Do you get a hard copy of the menu from somewhere, if so, where?

Anyone can order from the MDR menu (thru InRoom Dining/Room Service) within the first hour (even if you want it delivered later on most ships). The atmosphere will be better in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite though.

The menu can be found on the Navigator - using a smartphone, tablet of laptop.

• Like 3

Just an FYI about in room dining in a NS.  There is no dining true table and chairs.  There is like a low cocktail table with chairs around it. The table does not have enough room to have two dinners comfortably.

• Like 3

Something new I had in a Neptune Suite in May on the Koningsdam was the ability to order pre-dinner appetizers in the Neptune Lounge. You could pick from 4-5 different items, hot and cold. They would change daily, and our favorite was the veggie samosas filled with potato...so simple, yet so good! 

They put out paper menus in the lounge earlier in the day, and you only had to let them know which ones you wanted and what time you wanted them delivered to your room. So nice to enjoy them with a drink an hour before dinner!

They said these were the replacement for having afternoon tea delivered to your room.

Enjoy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I think that it sometimes depends on who is behind the desk.  On our 22 day Oosterdam cruise Patrick was fabulous.  He was not always behind the desk and sometimes when we asked a question that we thought was normal for the NS concierge we were given a "no can do" response.  Re pre dinner appetizers, which appeared to be available on the card in our room if ordered by 11 a.m., we were told to go to the Lido.  We did get a wonderful afternoon tea service one day.  We do not think of the NS concierge as our private concierge, but were miffed a couple time with the responses.  And, there will always be those that consider the NS concierges their private concierges.  Have booked a 28 day NS and learn all the time.  Cherie     

Edited by cccole
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, hummingbird_206 said:

For example, I've read on here that you can ask the Neptune concierge to exchange the sparkling wine you get the first day for a different bottle of wine.  Is this correct?  What are the other wine options?

I had heard the same.  We were on the recent “legendary” Alaska cruise.  The offer to us:  we could change the sparkling wine for the sparkling water, not wine.  I let the sparkling wine sit in the fancy iced container for 28 days.  Told the cabin stewards not to add fresh ice.

It was still there when we disembarked.

You can always ask.  Didn’t work for me and I’m 5*.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, howiefrommd said:

Just an FYI about in room dining in a NS.  There is no dining true table and chairs.  There is like a low cocktail table with chairs around it. The table does not have enough room to have two dinners comfortably.

If the climate is temperate such as a Caribbean cruise, we are going to have meals served to the balcony dining table.  Plenty of room!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, chill6x6 said:

If the climate is temperate such as a Caribbean cruise, we are going to have meals served to the balcony dining table.  Plenty of room!

Agree. Have done both inside and outside.

• Like 1

A friend and I are sharing a Neptune Suite, aft facing,  for the first time and are so excited about the separate closets and space between our separate beds. And that wraparound balcony! And free laundry! And espresso machine! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cccole said:

I think that it sometimes depends on who is behind the desk.  On our 22 day Oosterdam cruise Patrick was fabulous.  He was not always behind the desk and sometimes when we asked a question that we thought was normal for the NS concierge we were given a "no can do" response.  Re pre dinner appetizers, which appeared to be available on the card in our room if ordered by 11 a.m., we were told to go to the Lido.  We did get a wonderful afternoon tea service one day.  We do not think of the NS concierge as our private concierge, but were miffed a couple time with the responses.  And, there will always be those that consider the NS concierges their private concierges.  Have booked a 28 day NS and learn all the time.  Cherie     

You said Patrick was fabulous, but then you list the negative things you experienced.  Did i misunderstand your post?

57 minutes ago, retird said:

You said Patrick was fabulous, but then you list the negative things you experienced.  Did i misunderstand your post?

I think the negatives were for people other than Patrick...at least that's how I read the post.

52 minutes ago, retird said:

I think you did misunderstand my post, I may not have stated my opinion well.  I indicated that the Neptune Lounge service may depend on who is behind the desk.  Patrick was amazing but he was not always present and when he was not there answers to questions were hit & miss.  This was just our experience.  Cherie