Quick Any time dining room question

We have any time dining on the Oasis. Will there be any issues getting a table for two? Or do we need to head somewhere when we board and request one?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, bruce85 said:

We have any time dining on the Oasis. Will there be any issues getting a table for two? Or do we need to head somewhere when we board and request one?

I suggest going to the MDR when you first board the ship and make your request. Also send an Email to rcldining@rccl.com a couple of weeks prior to your sail date and make your request. 

Edited by doghog
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Understand: That the table will be for two, but will likely have other tables for two, two inches from you. 

Yes I understand that, but at

least you don't have to wait for other people to join the table before been served.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bruce85 said:

Yes I understand that, but at

least you don't have to wait for other people to join the table before been served.

I wouldn’t bet on that. Frequently tge wait staff groups the three two tops together, no matter when you arrive. (Yes, even in Any Time)

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, doghog said:

I suggest going to the MDR when you first board the ship and make your request. Also send an Email to rcldining@rccl.com a couple of weeks prior to your sail date and make your request. 

Email will not work for MTD, only for set traditional.

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

I wouldn’t bet on that. Frequently tge wait staff groups the three two tops together, no matter when you arrive. (Yes, even in Any Time)

Not our experiences. We also eat at our pace not the wait staffs pace. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mrsmagoo1 said:

Is Anytime Dining available from the start of early dining until the dining room closes?

No.  It's scheduled for after early dining.  BUT, I think if you show up about 30-45 minutes after early dining starts, they may start seating you at tables that didn't get filled for early dining.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

NEVER have had that! And I would object to it too....

But we also always let the waiter know when we are ready to go!

I have been going in to whatever dining room I'm assigned: MTD or standard dining, and requesting a particular table number. My husband and I did this every cruise for decades, and I still do. I prefer to sit on the outer sides of the eating area, not in the middle.

I don't mind being close to the next table. If I'm eating alone, I'm reading. If I'm eating with a friend, we decide together.

• Like 1

We always get a two top for MTD . 

We dont care about getting the same wait staff and will sit anywhere.

We are about a foot apart from the next table ( on Oasis class )

We dont mind as we will chat with the people next to us until our food arrives and then we eat.

Food came at different times for the people on either side of us.

Nobody waits until food arrives at the tables next to us to start eating.

In my experience, I have always stopped by the MDR upon boarding to request a table for MTD (let me add we schedule the same time every night.  I’m in the early is too early & late is too late camp).  They usually tell me no table requests for MDR but I smile A LOT and weasel my way in.  I choose a table/area & say IF POSSIBLE!  4 tries so far & have always gotten my preferred area with the same table & waitstaff every night.  By night 3, they just wave us in.

• Like 3

MTD on Wonder was really disappointing for us. Line was to the elevators, clearly the staff was overwhelmed by the crowds. Eventually everyone was taken to a different deck and they had Johnny Rocket staff waiting tables. Felt so disorganized and chaotic. Didn’t matter if you had reservations or not, everyone got put into the same line.