Spring break dates

ronheg

Spring Break is usually considered between President's Day (late February) until the weekend after Easter (April 25, 2025).

Also remember two things: (1) Lots of kids are home schooled these days

(2) Parents do not seem to mind taking their kids out of school 

You could have lots of kids

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ronheg said:

if we book a 7 day cruise from Galveston from 2/28/25 to 3/7/25 will there be lots of kids on the ship?

Lots of college kids

Even if it's the beginning of college spring break, the majority of college students do not meet the age requirements to sail without an adult. This is probably a better week to sail to avoid kids as it's past presidents week and before the spring holidays.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ronheg said:

if we book a 7 day cruise from Galveston from 2/28/25 to 3/7/25 will there be lots of kids on the ship?

Check what the Texas and Louisiana schools schedule are listing.

It is likely the majority of families will be from those areas.

On 8/18/2024 at 1:34 PM, Travelling2Some said:

Mardi Gras is on Tuesday, March 4th and that could have impact in that area.  I know Galveston is really into MG celebrations and, of course, NOLA.

Yep, we took a cruise the previous weekend one Mardi Gras, and I will NEVER do that again!😬 Now I check Mardi Gras dates online before booking! The weekend after Mardi Gras is no problem at all, at least in our experience.

Doug

We once took a cruise on NCL Dawn........a 12 nighter which departed NY on April 1.  There were over 650 children on board.  I never expected that, as this was a longer than 7 night cruise.  There were quite a few unruly children, filling up beer buckets with water from the hottubs and throwing the water at each other.  Only cruise I couldn't wait for it to end.  

On 8/17/2024 at 2:25 PM, ronheg said:

Look up the Friendswood Independent School System calendar and you will see an approximation of when the local Spring breaks occur.  You could also look up Cypress as well as the Woodlands... these are the more affluent areas where people will drive down to Galveston to take a quick cruise that time of year. We lived in Friendswood for many years and that (and skiing) is what a good majority of folks with teens did during Spring break.  Happy cruising.

Texas Spring Break (grade school thru high school) will be March 17-21, 2025!

Rodeo Houston operates from March 4-23, 2023 (This huge event captures a lot of school age families during Spring Break.)

• Like 1

We went on a cruise (RCCL) this spring during break, Captain said there was 1,500 kids onboard.....I believe it. There were a lot of them unsupervised running thru the halls till midnight, running and talking thru shows, filled all the hot tubs, only saving grace was that the ship an adult only solarium, and an adult only hideaway beach on coco cay......never again