Pinnacle Grill - new menu

Haljo1935

Since I am the one who posted these menus, I feel I must respond. These are the menus that are shown on the Navigator Web Site, or were yesterday evening. So from that standpoint, they are real.

Are they just for this Majestic Japan Cruise? I don't know

Are they test menus? I don't know

Are they going fleet wide? I don't know

I just posted the menus that are provided for those currently sailing on Westerdam to see what they might be dining on. For all I know, they could change tomorrow.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Since I am the one who posted these menus, I feel I must respond. These are the menus that are shown on the Navigator Web Site, or were yesterday evening. So from that standpoint, they are real.

I just posted the menus that are provided for those currently sailing on Westerdam to see what they might be dining on. For all I know, they could change tomorrow.

Rich thanks for sharing. A few of the items seem Asian inspired so it would make sense it's for your itinerary but maybe while they are at it they might be testing some new items 🤔

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Sea42 said:

Look closer. For most of the steaks, those are ounces listed, not price.

I'm glad you caught that!  I thought the "oz" was "00".  We're on the Rotterdam in November and PG is on our itinerary already.  At least they're not messing with the candied bacon :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Rich, thank you for posting this. FWIW, if it's not a Navigator goof of some kind, it's very new. I disembarked from Westerdam 7/21 and our dinner that final week was still the old menu.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

And I was very glad you did post them (as did a few of your shipmates) so we can all see what options might (or might not) be. You know how we love to discuss our food here on CC 🫣

I think it's interesting that PG did a regional menu (added the Far East section) for your itinerary; I've seen that in the MDR and Lido, but had not noticed it in PG. It will be interesting to see if anything comes of these menus.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 0106 said:

CHIANTI-BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIB
shallots, onion, roasted butternut squash, vincotto in the Canaletto are one of my husband’s favorite and the restaurant cover is only $25 as opposed to $46 in the Pinnacle.

The short rib in Canaletto is delicious!

At least the lamb chops are still on this new (maybe) Pinnacle menu. That's my usual choice. 

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder
  • Like 1

@richwmn

Are the two menus at the top of this post lunch and dinner? I was trying to figure that out because they both look like dinner, but they're slightly different.

They make absolute sense in the context of the Noordam and Westerdam since they're heading back to Asia and the South Seas soon. Neither has a Tamarind.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

This was just posted regarding lunch menu changes in the Pinnacle Grill on Westie. Hopefully someone  can confirm/deny.

IMG_5539.jpeg

Ug.  The Pinnacle may go off of my list.  I looked forward to the lunch. I am dropping HIA anyway which was the only reason I went.  

59 minutes ago, POA1 said:

@richwmn

Are the two menus at the top of this post lunch and dinner? I was trying to figure that out because they both look like dinner, but they're slightly different.

They make absolute sense in the context of the Noordam and Westerdam since they're heading back to Asia and the South Seas soon. Neither has a Tamarind.

The top one is lunch, the second one (says Far East in the upper right) is dinner

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, richwmn said:

The top one is lunch, the second one (says Far East in the upper right) is dinner

Thank you. That's a much more substantial lunch menu than the current standard one. It's got a selection of full sized entrées. I hesitate to ask, but has the lunch price gone up?

I think there may be another page to that dinner menu that might not have been posted on the navigator app yet. Otherwise, they're going to have a mutiny when there's only one dessert at dinner in the Pinnacle. 😉

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

Thank you for the post. I hope the new test menu doesn't get implemented.  They removed the pork chops and the chicken.  We do not like the new steak, so we no longer order it. 

Pork chop and chicken were my go-to when I didn’t want steak. 

• Like 1

First of all @richwmn thanks for posting the menus as posted on your Navigator app. I personally think that removing the pork and chicken severely limits the protein selection. I was hoping to try the steak with lobster dumplings when we dine in Pinnacle next year. Oh well I guess not. These new selections will not be appealing to Lynn. While I applaud any attempts to freshen the menus (I haven't done enough HAL cruises to have any "favourites") it does seem short sighted to remove the pork, chicken and burger. As I have said before, if the specialty restaurants were not part of the "HIA" package, we wouldn't pay the cover charge for "specialty" dining.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

. I was hoping to try the steak with lobster dumplings when we dine in Pinnacle next year.

I'm hoping the lobster dumplings are still around on the general purpose Pinnacle Menu. I had them earlier this year on the Rotterdam and really liked them. In fact, when I spoke to Rich after your tour yesterday (5  stars, 2 👍t) thumbs up, highly recommended 😁 ) I told him that I would miss that entrée if it's gone. I would, however, find something else to try.

It seems like every menu change results in wailing, gnashing of teeth, and rending of garments. You should have seen it when they dropped the Steak Diane years ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, TryinCruisin said:

It doesn't make sense that a steak house that charges a specialty fee would not have a single steak without an additional fee. I am skeptical this is a true thing. 

I initially thought the same thing, not realizing it was ounces🤣

• Like 1

15 hours ago, POA1 said:

@richwmn

My guess is that rather than having the various "pop up nights" they will just have a blended menu that includes some of each - easier to purchase for and easier to implement. I'm also leaning into this theory more as the dover sole (Sel de Mer) makes an appearance.
And for the ships that have the other dining spaces, they can focus more on being a steakhouse.

Just my guess - suppose we'll find out sometime late next year in Europe (assuming any experiments are over after a year)