It’s time for some new playlists

Alakegirl

19 minutes ago, markeb said:

Billy Idol is a he. White Wedding...

You're thinking Billie Eilish. She can be a bit hard to understand on some of her songs, but she has a great voice and I tend to just go with the flow.

You are absolutely right.  I was thinking Billie Eilish... 

19 minutes ago, markeb said:

And the 60's and 70's are notorious for misheard lyrics! I mean Dylan won the Nobel Prize for Literature, but he's almost impossible to understand! He always sang in a near mumble... 

Say it's not so .. I really enjoy Bob Dylan's music.  

4 hours ago, markeb said:

And the 60's and 70's are notorious for misheard lyrics! I mean Dylan won the Nobel Prize for Literature, but he's almost impossible to understand! He always sang in a near mumble... 

For years I wondered why Bob had a ‘Big grass bed…’ It was quite a shock to find out it was really a ‘Big brass bed’…I had been singing my lyrics for over a decade….

• Haha 1

Background music in public areas, esp dining,  should be pleasant, subtle and not an endless loop of jarring sounds.   Yeas ago they had the worst loop that played over and over..everywhere including hallways

on Ascent last January it was loud and annoying all over the ship including EDEN.

We are asking Santa for headphones this yr.. mostly to block noise and get music from our Android phones. Any suggestions  for non techies will be helpful.  (The suggested ear plugs have worked great!)

1 hour ago, NC State said:

When we cruise I like hearing Caribbean music. I can hear all the other stuff at home. I want to feel and hear the area we are in. 

Why would they play Caribbean music on my cruise in Bali?

@hcat I use Soundcore Q35 headphones mostly.  Not too expensive and pretty good noise canceling 

8 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

You are absolutely right.  I was thinking Billie Eilish... 

Say it's not so .. I really enjoy Bob Dylan's music.  

He is a mumbler🤣

I cannot handle head bang and screamer music like AC/DC 

Give me story tellers Billy Joel , Harry Chapin etc 

When we cruise I like hearing Caribbean music. I can hear all the other stuff at home. I want to feel and hear the area we are in. 

Why can you listen to Caribbean music at home🤔

what would want to hear if you are cruising the Med or Iceland 🤔😉

would  be great on Carib itins to hear the island vibe..and always Jimmy Buffet..on W Carib some Mex Carib also fun!

2 hours ago, hcat said:

would  be great on Carib itins to hear the island vibe..and always Jimmy Buffet..on W Carib some Mex Carib also fun!

Jimmy Buffet?  Only in the buffet please.

4 hours ago, hcat said:

We are asking Santa for headphones this yr.. mostly to block noise and get music from our Android phones.

I love my Beats noise cancelling ear buds.  Gave my iPods to my DW when I got the Beats.  We both have a pair of Sony Over the ear, noise cancelling headphones that we wear mostly on flights. 

I like most all music, was also on Ascent in January..I thought the pool DJ did a great job..I was pleased with the entertainment that entire trip..hoping the same for Beyond ABC cruise in 2 weeks..

48 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I love my Beats noise cancelling ear buds.  Gave my iPods to my DW when I got the Beats.  We both have a pair of Sony Over the ear, noise cancelling headphones that we wear mostly on flights. 

thank you

On 9/5/2024 at 10:44 AM, DaKahuna said:

@markeb What about  AC/DC, Queen, CCR, Moody Blues, Willy Nelson, Alan Jackson, Neil Diamond, Barbara Streisand, Janice Joplin, the list goes on and on... 

I can't resist... anything from this century?

• Haha 3

What they should do is allow a named passenger to select the tunes each day. So you'd get "Here is Wagner at full volume as requested by passenger X in cabin No. 111111

At least the sharks following the ship would be happy.

1 hour ago, TRLD said:

"Its a small world" on continuous loop, after all.it is a boat ride

Gosh, just reading your post has got it going round and round and round in my head….

1 minute ago, Tarrian said:

What they should do is allow a named passenger to select the tunes each day. So you'd get "Here is Wagner at full volume as requested by passenger X in cabin No. 111111

At least the sharks following the ship would be happy.

I was going to suggest a guest pool DJ for 30 minutes or so a day.  🙂

12 minutes ago, zitsky said:

So you LIKE Taylor Swift, do you?

Some of us do.

The issue is music is subjective so people are always going to be unhappy unless they play something from everything (but I'm sure someone would complain about even that).

I am very aware of the music which is piped through the halls as it's the same music that also plays in your cabin on Ch 2, the Navigational Channel.  We always have the Nav Channel on in our room as a)I love to watch the maps and our course, I focus on the navigational stats, etc and b)I used to love the music that was played - it used to be calming and relaxing, and a beautiful backdrop in your cabin while reading/relaxing/getting ready to head out for the evening, etc.  Our past 7 or 8 cruises, at least, I've been so unhappy with the music that I've written at length about it in the post-cruise survey.  Some of it is so bad, I have to mute the sound - harsh, grating, machine sounds, repetitive annoying unpleasant beats.....  Most recently, we were B3B on Apex this July, and the music was just bizarre - one of the 'songs' had the word 'cocaine' in it, and no, it was not the original version of Frank Sinatra's "I Get a Kick Out of You", it was a modern ode and wow it was bad.  I have always thought that "smooth jazz" is what should be played, something calm, not distracting, soothing sounds yet upbeat, uptempo - not annoying and grating. On your own, you can play what you want through your headphones or your personal speaker from your own recorded music.  But the music that is being piped through the halls and on Ch 2, should be not elevator music, no, but also not what they're playing now.  It did not use to be like this.  Another change, trying to seem hip and relevant?  No, it's just awful is what it is and when you've got 'cocaine' in a song - I don't think anyone is even vetting the music.

32 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

Years ago, I found a Spotify playlist someone, I think a poster here, made from the hallway music. I still listen to it occasionally to feel like I am onboard.

I of course had to pull that up. It is, not surprisingly, quite unoffensive.

Edited by ch175