The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday September 16th, 2024

StLouisCruisers

Good morning.

Want to quickly communicate with @bennybear .  Yesterday you asked about meclizine. have just finished a phone call to the local chemist, spoke to a Pharmacist,  Meclizine is also known as Sealegs 12.5 mg, is available to purchase over the counter (Prescription not required). She thinks  it would be the  same in Australia.  

Will read all the posts later.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

37 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Good morning.

Want to quickly communicate with @bennybear .  Yesterday you asked about meclizine. have just finished a phone call to the local chemist, spoke to a Pharmacist,  Meclizine is also known as Sealegs 12.5 mg, is available to purchase over the counter (Prescription not required). She thinks  it would be the  same in Australia.  

Will read all the posts later.

Thanks so much !  Didn’t want to give him something that might be illegal.  But I know that crossing can be rocky!  You sure went above and beyond, thank you!  

• Like 13

5 hours ago, bennybear said:

@Haljo1935 DSIL was working in Texas a month or two ago, and tried to describe Buckees, lol.  

That could be really funny. Especially when they get to the part about the number of award winning stalls and the cow art adoring the walls in the restrooms, lol.

And, yes, it's for sale - kinda like: do your business, wash your hands, grab a piece of art off the wall as you head out; don't forget to pick up a BBQ sandwich & a bag of Beaver Nuggets...

Screenshot_20240916_183354_Chrome.thumb.jpg.48e1340ef790b77d6f0d91079cd44f11.jpg

Screenshot_20240916_183259_Chrome.thumb.jpg.50e3bec32a10e62e71e3848db5f3fbd3.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

That could be really funny. Especially when she gets to the part about the number of award winning stalls and the cow art adoring the walls in the restrooms, lol.

And, yes, it's for sale - kinda like: do your business, wash your hands, grab a piece of art off the wall as you head out; don't forget to pick up a BBQ sandwich & a bag of Beaver Nuggets...

Screenshot_20240916_183354_Chrome.thumb.jpg.48e1340ef790b77d6f0d91079cd44f11.jpg

Screenshot_20240916_183259_Chrome.thumb.jpg.50e3bec32a10e62e71e3848db5f3fbd3.jpg

I know, who sells artwork in the bathroom entrance?  This morning I was the only person in the ladies room since it was so early.  I snapped a pic of the very clean huge bathroom.  This is only half of the stalls which are really small rooms and more private than your usual multi-stall bathroom.  Once you leave there you grab your coffee with all the condiments needed available right there.  Grab some snacks or sandwiches, cinnamon rolls, whatever.  One thing to note is the window cleaning tools are not at the gas pumps.  They place them on the edge of the parking lot by the air pumps.  They also have charging stations for electric vehicles and places to walk your dog with little bags to collect the "evidence".  Some also have car washes!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

20 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Well, here we are awaiting immigration on-board before setting foot onto Kuchiro.

We were supposed to process at 10. We are ticket #11..Welp, it's 10:45 and numbers 5 and 6 were just called.

CD said we were having connectivity issues.

Meanwhile, wringing my hands with excitement!!

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

YOU GO GIRL!!! Gosh so exciting 2 wonderful things in your life today! Stepping onto Japanese soil for the first time, and your precious sis Bonnie having a fantastic outcome for her! 
David and I are toasting both your sister and Allen and you tonight with our champagne 🥂!!

Bless you Joy

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Mahalo and Aloha!

Denise 😌

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Well, here we are awaiting immigration on-board before setting foot onto Kuchiro.

We were supposed to process at 10. We are ticket #11..Welp, it's 10:45 and numbers 5 and 6 were just called.

CD said we were having connectivity issues.

Meanwhile, wringing my hands with excitement!!

The customs takes forever,  but still so worth it!  Enjoy a peach Coca Cola, or a peach anything.  

• Like 10

@Seasick SailorWhat great news from your sister.  Enjoy Japan!

dance-gif-snoopy-happy-animated-image-49

@smitty34877I am so glad that your brother  aka chef aka a diamond got to spend this last week with you.  And that DD can take the time off from work to help you and Tana out.  Keeping busy is a good thing, but I have missed reading about your hip, and am hoping the pain has lessened My bosses know what is going on with DH, and the big account always says to take time off if I need it.  I told him I need to work , to get my head in a stable place.  Busy is good, but enjoy your memories this week.

I started my list this morning

I called Mower menders to see if they wanted a free mower-no 

I could bring it by and they would throw it out for me.

I emailed Carnival about where to send my insurance company.

I called Medicare and verified that they would not cover my medical claim as the ship did not leave from an American port, that I was more than 6 hours from an American port and that the insurance that I had purchased for the cruise, was my only hope.  Still waiting for an answer from Carnival customer service.

Tomorrow I find out how to file a fraud theft?  Not sure if theft is the right term, but I am pretty sure that the phone that DH wanted, but didnt walk away with, but the bills came to him, with someone else using the phone.  And then send all the information to Verizon.

My work hours got cut-no more morning shifts, and no calling after 8:30.

I am hoping that @Cruzin Terri's place is doing OK with all the rain.

@bennybearI would love to try a peach soda.  But I did try a peach milkshake at Chic fil A and once was enough.  I live in Georgia, and the best peaches I have seen this summer were from NJ.

1235cc34d72c0a541e7c9f3bcd55d23f.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 6

9 hours ago, bennybear said:

Wishing I had some Hawaiian avocados, they’re huge and so delicious. 

IMG_0282.jpeg

Wow, those are big! I’m surprised they grow that big. I had an aunt and uncle who had an avocado orchard in Southern California and when they retired in the 80’s moved to Kona to grow avocados. They said that the growing conditions were much different in Kona. I think they started growing macadamia nuts too. 

8 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

From my DSis;

I just received results from pathology. They removed 10 nodes and they are all negative for cancer. 

Joy!  Such great news!  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Good evening,  finally have a few minutes to post.  Thanks for the dailyite news today, and the photos of Akaroa.  We have visited Akaroa several times both by ship and land trips.

@Seasick Sailor  thanks for the update of your sister Bonnie's good news. 

@kazu  it was good to see your post today, hope that you will soon have dates for your cataract operations.

Today the weather has been very unsettled, woke to sunshine this morning, then rain, some snow fell when we drove out of the garage, the remainder of the day, sun, rain, snow showers, rain, temperature today reached 8 C.

Yesterday was a more pleasant day, at lunch time, we walked along to a cafe at the shopping centre to meet DB and DSIL, who are staying in their town house for a few days, it was very good to catch up with all the family news.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• LauraS locked this topic