Hotels Near Port with amenities short walk away?

Looking for a 2 or 3  night stay where there are plenty of dining, drinking and shopping options before cruise. I have heard 17th avenue? but what part? Does anybody have particular hotels there that I start googling at? Or intersections. TiA

Posted (edited)

Riverside Hotel on Las Olas. 10, 15 minutes from Port, maybe . excellent location, beautiful old Florida charm property, water taxi station right there, tons of restaurants and bars, shops , art galleries, museum, etc.  delightful spot 

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Another vote for Embassy Suites on 17th street.  Have stayed there a couple of times.  VERY close to port and there are a few nice restaurants within walking distance.

20230220_110112.jpg

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

Hyatt Place Cruise Port..  Near that Embassy Suites.

Dining, Publix, Wine/Liquor, etc.

Check to see if Valuetrips has discounted rate for your dates.

Not sure if this area is for a 2-3 night stay.  No beach, outlet malls, or things like that.

This area is great for getting right over to the Port.

We have appreciated Hyatt Place transfer.  This is what they are there for.  This is what they do.

There are many hotels to choose from in Ft Lauderdale.  Depends on your budget and availability. 

Agree with posters on Hyatt Place 10th Ave, which is very close to Embassy Suites 17th Ave, near shopping, total wine, publix, restaurants and close to port.  Also, close by, check out others on 17th.  Many opinions and discussions.  We’ve used these 2 many times, as well as Holiday Inn Express on 17th and hotels in Dania Beach area.  They all have 3rd party shuttles over to the port or just Uber/Lyft over, it’s closeby.

There are many threads on hotels in PE area under North America homeports.  Florida departures:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

I've moved you over to the Florida boards.  

The hotels on 17th street are okay and good for cruising, but It's not where I personally would chose to spend 2-3 nights in Fort Lauderdale. Though the new Pier 66 looks like it's going to be spectacular.

I'd stay over near Las Olas or along the beach.  Where you stay will depend upon your budget as others have said.  

A lot will also depend on when you are going and what events are going on in the area.

If you give your dates and around what you want to spend it will be much easier to give suggestions as there are so many hotels in the Fort Lauderdale area. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

Hyatt Place Cruise Port..  Near that Embassy Suites.

Dining, Publix, Wine/Liquor, etc.

Check to see if Valuetrips has discounted rate for your dates.

Not sure if this area is for a 2-3 night stay.  No beach, outlet malls, or things like that.

This area is great for getting right over to the Port.

We have appreciated Hyatt Place transfer.  This is what they are there for.  This is what they do.

Absolutely agree with this. Hyatt Place booked with Valuetrips is what we do and will be doing again March 2025. We stopped booking Embassy even with their so called on going renovations we just like HP much more. If you can get VT pricing no reason to pay ES prices.

18 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

Looking for a 2 or 3  night stay where there are plenty of dining, drinking and shopping options before cruise. I have heard 17th avenue? but what part? Does anybody have particular hotels there that I start googling at? Or intersections. TiA

17th is a commercial pre-cruise night area of FLL. I wouldn't be spending more than one night there at most. I would look more at staying around the Las Olas or Beach front area for a 2-3 night stay. Everything you say you are looking for is right in walking distance on Las Olas.

For a multi night stay we would still stay at Hyatt Place and always rent a car (HP free parking) and go to Sawgrass Mills Mall and Lester's diner. Better options of things to do when you're not restricted to walking.

We like Hyatt Place also. Clean, and close to a lot of places to eat. Very short walk to harbor shops through La Fitness parking garage. Free LauderGo community shuttle that runs until 5PM. Stops in front of Publix in the Harbor Shops about every 20 min. You can load a live map of where all busses are on your cell phone, to see where they are at any time. Will take you to the beach.