HELP! I have lost my Uncle and Aunt!

foft

OP call the authorities at the last known location... if you are sure the got on the plane then call the arrival city police. If you aren't sure if they arrived... call at the depature city... or call both. The police can find out if they were on the plane... and they will help you. Do they have children that are not on the cruise? If they are adult children they should file a missing person's report in both cities. If they do not have adult children and you are an adult...then file the report. Definately talk to someone that can help -- such as a detective. They may not be lost... they may have missed the ship and were put directly on another plane. Did they have travel insurance ( if you know this...) -- Try not to panic... and work with the authorities. If you feel you are not getting any help... go to your local police department and see if there is anyone there that can help you... you'd be surprised how much gets done when one police dept calls another. Finally... if all else fails... and I hate to suggest this but it is what I would probably do.. in a dire cicumstace... and that is call the media... I know people will think this is not the best route, and I don't think it is the best route... but I'd try anything if they were "missing" for more than 24 hours. Good Luck... Keep us posted!

The others in their party said they didn't make it. I am not sure who they spoke to.

Jsme - that is good advice - i am going to try that. Thanks!

You say they left a voice mail with someone in their traveling party that they made it to Miami OK but you are not sure who they talked to? How did that information get to you?

Something is confused here......

Your first post says you havent' heard from them and no one in their traveling party has heard from them. .... which is it?

Hi,

I used to work for RCI for five years, part of that time I worked at MIA doing the tranfers. They do offer tranfers from FLL to port of miami. Unfortunately, it would be really hard to know if they got on the transfer, such records are not kept. RCI will not disclose to you if they boarded. However, if they booked through a TA call their TA and ask her to call to see if her clients boarded, they will check for them, I did it many times for TA's.

Good response the travel agent should be able to help.

This is indeed a difficult situation. You don't want to overreact and embarrass anyone; yet you don't want to ignore what might be a bad situation where time is of the essence.

I am praying for wisdom for you and for protection for your aunt and uncle.

Kathy

There seem to be a number of things that the OP has not posted that might help in directing him in the right direction to solve this mystery. How old are the aunt and uncle? Are they experienced travelers? Do either of them have any medical conditions that might have caused a problem? When did they land in Miami and who did they leave a voice mail message with. Did the message indicate anything other than that they had landed?

Too many questions and not enough answers from the OP to allow anyone to make and informed guess as to what might have happened or where they might be. It is obviously difficult for the OP to deal with the situation long-distance, but contacting the other family members who are onboard the ship would seem to be a good starting point.:)

I hope this works out well....please let us know. Maybe they went to the wrong ship? How was the group going to meet once on board?

We "lost" my MIL (in her 80's) on a flight from NY to NC-- they had a stop in Phila where they were kept on the runway for several hrs. Airline could not confirm anything & nothing was posted. Limbo! Finally, my husb. went to the departure airport & BIL went to the arrival airport--eventually they let everyone know what was going on....but info was seriously lacking & we were frantic for quite awhile. MIL now has a cell phone to check in with!

This isn't the same as an airline issue that is laid over somewhere or was diverted. While they might have gone to the "wrong" ship, they wouldn't have been able to board it and would have had time to get to the correct one. I do wish the OP would return and let us know what's going on. My fear would be that something happened on the way to the ship, but someone should have been notified by now. Otherwise, I would call a family member who is ACTUALLY onboard and have them try to find out something on their end. If they were traveling as a group, the ship should be able to let them know if RCCL knows anything.

I'm curious too, are the OP's aunt and uncle in their 80's or their 40's? That would determine the way to purse this too. Less likely that 40 somethings got confused and missed their transportation to the ship. Medical issues, mobility issues, etc all could play into it.

I know I'm gonna hear it for what I'm about to post. But, If my relatives were missing I would not spend my time on cruise critic. I would be frantic & trying all phone #'s I have for RCCL, The Airlines, Police & Any traveling companions.

I know I'm gonna hear it for what I'm about to post. But, If my relatives were missing I would not spend my time on cruise critic. I would be frantic & trying all phone #'s I have for RCCL, The Airlines, Police & Any traveling companions.

Try not to be judgmental. Maybe a few family members are calling different areas, while OP is using CC as another option for ideas on who to call. It's good to vary your approach.

Try not to be judgmental. Maybe a few family members are calling different areas, while OP is using CC as another option for ideas on who to call. It's good to vary your approach.

There is some truth in what you are saying but it seems the op has tried everything in his/her power to try and find out where they are. I think they came here looking for another idea that someone might come with to help them with their situation.

Tim

You know the old saying 2 heads are better than one?

The OP is looking for help and CC is the best place for that, phone mumbers, contacts or just good advice that he or she may have overlooked.

OP...hope you find out something soon!

This is indeed a difficult situation. You don't want to overreact and embarrass anyone; yet you don't want to ignore what might be a bad situation where time is of the essence.

I am praying for wisdom for you and for protection for your aunt and uncle.

Kathy

Kathy---What a lovely and thoughful post.:)

This place actually helped me out a couple of years ago when I got a mysterious message on my answering machine from my mother, who was supposed to be enjoying a sea day in Alaska on HAL. Her message...from her cell phone on what was the first full day at sea was only "Oh no.....:click:".

You can imagine what went through my head. I was afraid perhaps they'd missed the ship, or there was an emergency.

Calling her cell back wasn't working, and while my mom had left every piece of information with me she thought I might need, there was nothing there to help me contact the ship or HAL. The wonderful folks on the HAL board steered me in the right direction and after a bit of work by HAL's Seattle Guest Relations, a message was delivered to my parents and the problem of the mystery message was resolved.

The folks here are a great resource.

OK I'm gonna join the other responder in saying I'm probably gonna hear it from others, but...

Now that most suggestions have been given...

Assuming nothing REALLY bad has happened to the aunt and uncle...and of course we all hope and pray nothing did...

But how the heck do you lose two people COMPLETELY in the United States? No one carries a cell phone? The aunt and uncle make no attempt to contact anyone? I can't get my brain wrapped around this.

OK I'm gonna join the other responder in saying I'm probably gonna hear it from others, but...

Assuming nothing REALLY bad has happened to the aunt and uncle...and of course we all hope and pray nothing did...

But how the heck do you lose two people COMPLETELY in the United States? No one carries a cell phone? The aunt and uncle make no attempt to contact anyone? I can't get my brain wrapped around this.

While I understand what you are saying, and it does appear difficult in this electronic era, does this post really belong here? This person is looking for (and lets say hopefully found) their Aunt/Uncle, they don't need belittling.

Sorry but had to get if off my chest.

While I understand what you are saying, and it does appear difficult in this electronic era, does this post really belong here? This person is looking for (and lets say hopefully found) their Aunt/Uncle, they don't need belittling.

Sorry but had to get if off my chest.

Not belittling anyone, and I waited until everyone put their ideas forward before I weighed in.

I'm just very confused as to how something like this could happen, and don't think for one minute the OP wasn't thinking the same thing at some point.

Not belittling anyone, and I waited until everyone put their ideas forward before I weighed in.

I'm just very confused as to how something like this could happen, and don't think for one minute the OP wasn't thinking the same thing at some point.

Sorry that I mistook your post.

Tim

To the OP, I've been checking in on this thread all day hoping that you had found out by now what happend to your Aunt and Uncle. I just went through all of the posts and I don't see the name of the airline they were on. I may be able to help you as far as their air travel info is concerned. Just to be sure they did indeed arrive in MIA or possibly reaccomodated to another city for the cruise. Believe it or not they could have been in another city and not known it for various reasons. I've seen that happen too many times at the airport. If I read all the posts correctly you haven't been able to get info from the airline yet. But if you call the local police all they have to do is call the airline reservation # and identify themselves. The res agent calls the police back at thei r published phone # to ensure that's who they're really talking to. If that doesn't work, then maybe someone who's reading this that works for another airline might be able to help.

Would you please post their flight information (flt # and airline name) and maybe I can do some detective work for you. If you're uncomfortable doing that, I understand and in the mean time I pray that this is all just alot of miscommunication and they will be found safe soon.

My mom is 71 and I Just got her a cell phone this year (and some one has to put minutes on it for her because she just does not get how to do it). Not everyone feels the need to have them or understands how to use them. Plus it could just be that they have one but it was not charged.

I hope the OP finds her family soon and safe.

Archived