Oasis neighborhood balcony vs regular balcony.

My first cruise was on Allure in a Boardwalk balcony. We were close to the back so we still had a bit of an ocean view. My boyfriend paid for the cruise and it was over Christmas so there was quite a premium for regular balconies, so we had the Boardwalk view instead. It was worth it for that cruise for the price.

My next cruise was in a Junior Suite which was 1000% better (which we were able to afford due to it not being a holiday). Another couple in our party had a regular balcony and I probably would have preferred that to the Boardwalk balcony we had on the first cruise. But it was not bad at all; we still had an ocean view. I don't know how I would like the Central Park or Promenade views. Probably not for me.

If the price is significantly different, I'd say go for the neighborhood view; but if they're within a ~$250-$500 (depending on your comfort level) I would probably go with a standard balcony.

With all due respect, I know that I do not have to sail in an indoor balcony room to know I will not like it. To me, a balcony cabin is so you can be closer to the sea. That's one of the main reasons I cruise... to see the sea. :) I would not be comfortable in an indoor balcony cabin. Other comments seem to always bring up the fact that others can see you if you are not discreet.

With all due respect, I know that I do not have to sail in an indoor balcony room to know I will not like it. To me, a balcony cabin is so you can be closer to the sea. That's one of the main reasons I cruise... to see the sea. :) I would not be comfortable in an indoor balcony cabin. Other comments seem to always bring up the fact that others can see you if you are not discreet.

Agree...An indoor balcony would feel like being in a window at the mall ...not that I've ever had that kinda mall experience ;)

Our daughter had a Central Park balcony on Allure a while back. One thing I noticed was how much warmer it was on the CP balcony than our oceanview balcony. Not as much air circulation on the CP balcony.

We have always had Ocean balcony cabins. After sailing Oasis last time, we fell in love with the Central Park neighborhood and booked a CP Balcony. We like sitting on the balcony in the evening. Central Park is beautiful in the evening, but what we found with an ocean balcony was that we were staring out into darkness. You can't really see the ocean at night. You can hear it though, and it's very peaceful. In the end though, we thought we would greatly enjoy the ambiance of Central Park in the evening - our peak balcony time.

But then we had another thought. Would we miss the ocean view? So we switched. We are now at the end of the Boardwalk which affords a sea view (of the wake) and a view of the entire boardwalk and Aqua Theater. I don't know if I will like it or not, but it seems to offer the best of both worlds, and I can hardly wait!

Edited by Sherri914

I think I would like the boardwalk balcony.....I think I would like looking down at things, seeing what is happening in the aqua theater...and being able to partially see the ocean.

I do no think I would like the central park balcony....it seemed always warm in that area. It just seems like it would be no difference that a room that looked out to a hotel atrium.

I really think it is hard to see the ocean on this ship unless you are on the upper decks. So for me I know I will enjoy the ocean view balcony room.

I would think these are all very different and it depends on what you'd like.

If it wasn't for the cost, we would have gone for the Boardwalk Balcony. They see fun with the Aqua Theatre and people watching (although I like to be closer to the action during shows). But privacy may be an issue with balconies looking back at you. Noise may also be an issue.

Central Park balconies would be more relaxing and different neat experience.

But if you want a true cruise ocean that is private view then a standard ocean balcony would be the way to go.

You didn't mention if you booked Central Park or Boardwalk balcony.

Edited by LuCruise

If it wasn't for the cost, we would have gone for the Boardwalk Balcony. They see fun with the Aqua Theatre and people watching (although I like to be closer to the action during shows). But privacy may be an issue with balconies looking back at you. Noise may also be an issue.

This was our biggest concern, but I hope it won't be an issue - especially since our dear friends are booked into the B2 Balcony directly across the boardwalk from us. :) But in all honesty, I can definitely see how privacy would be an issue for some in these neighborhood balcony cabins. For us though, we don't do anything on our balcony that require privacy, so I think we'll be fine. ;)

We were in a boardwalk balcony on the allure couple years ago. Booked it because how many ships can you get an inside view? We liked it esp watching the activities below and zip line above. Picked room on deck 11 to be above noise and also near back to see ocean

On our upcoming oasis cruise we also booked a boardwalk balcony, this one right at end of ship for ocean view. Only noise we will hear will be when water show is on

On our allure cruise in sep, we booked standard balcony since we're in med so want to see cities and coastline. In carib we get boardwalk for fun

We just got of the Oasis last week. We had Boardwalk balcony #11715 & loved it. We liked that we could see the ocean each morning & when we were in port. It was fun to see the Boardwalk activities & it was pretty at night. As far as noise, there was noise in the Aquatheatre from either shows or the movies until about 11p. After that it was pretty quite. Privacy wasn't a concern...we just made sure the sheer was pulled. If you don't have the extra money for an oceanview balcony, I think the Boardwalk balcony is a great option. We'd do it again.

Our daughter had a Central Park balcony on Allure a while back. One thing I noticed was how much warmer it was on the CP balcony than our oceanview balcony. Not as much air circulation on the CP balcony.

Oddly enough, we had the opposite experience. Our daughters were in a CP balcony, and it was far more comfortable climate-wise (less direct sun and much less humid) than our oceanview balcony across the hall. We had to keep the heavy drapes closed at all times to keep the sun from heating up our room, and it was way too humid to actually use the OV balcony. We ended up gathering on the CP balcony instead.

Just to do something different, we booked a Boardwalk Balcony Cabin on Oasis. From our balcony we could see both the aqua theater and the ocean so we didn't feel closed in ... but the cabin was really small.

LuLu

Any experiences on the neighborhood balcony. I booked a neighborhood balcony and now I regret that I am going to miss a regular balcony cabin. thoughts? Suggestions?

Some friends of ours that we took a cruise with had a neighborhood balcony that we spent some time on. To me, the two biggest issues were the lack of privacy (your view includes other people who are looking back at you) and the lack of any breeze. To us, facing inward also made the balcony feel smaller as well.

Just my opinion of course, as I know from other threads that many people like these balconies.

Happy cruising!

We had a boardwalk balcony and ocean view balcony across the hall. The boardwalk balcony was slightly smaller, but only slightly.

Balconies couldn't have been more different:

Boardwalk Balcony:

1) Could see the commotion on the boardwalk, people watching, parades, aqua theater, zip line, etc.

2) We still had a good view of the ocean off the aft of the ship (I forget which deck we were on, I want to say deck 14 towards the middle, good view of everything)

3) Balcony was warmer than the Ocean side, very little breeze

4) zero privacy, absolutely none!

5) balcony was loud, but the door blocked the sound very well in the cabin

Ocean balcony

1) Your typical balcony on a cruise, faces the ocean

2) Ours was cooler (good thing for me) because of the breeze.

3) Couldn't hear any of the noise from the boardwalk or pool deck.

I liked having both options, if I could only choose one it would be the ocean view balcony. The boardwalk balcony was nice for seeing the shows and parades, but the lack of any privacy is a no-go for me. You also need to keep your blinds shut or everyone across the way can see into your room when your lights are on. I saw more of some people than I really needed to... :D

We have only done Boardwalk balconies on Allure/Oasis, and have our 5th one coming up in October. Every other ship we do the oceanview balconies, but cruises on the big ships are just a different experience for us, as we are never in the room anyway. We even do Deck 14 since it's just one flight of stairs from the Teen Club/Flowriders/Sports Deck/WipeOut Cafe, etc. We never hear noise from above, the only noise is when the shows are going on in the Aqua Theater.

As for the Boardwalk balcony experience, if you ever had an Oceanview balcony room, think of what it's like in port with another ship docked right across the pier (but with much more going on down on the pier). That's the boardwalk balcony.

I think the interior balconies are a little smaller due to shape

The balconies on CP next to the living wall on Oasis are double wide due to "white-space" the staff use for house keeping and storage. I've been researching since we are booked in a CP balc next to the living wall. Double balcony, double furniture.

Here!s my two cents. We always cruise in a balcony, but booked a CP view on the Oasis. I booked 3 CP view cabins. I would either book a CP view or a regular balcony. I would not waste my money on a balcony in CP or Boardwalk.

We've done both the Central Park and Boardwalk balconies on the Allure doing a B2B. For us there was a noise issue. We usually like to go to bed early and rise early. The CP balconies weren't as noisy as the Boardwalk balconies. We would not do them again. If the ocean view balconies were too pricy, we would opt for an ocean view cabin.

We just got of the Oasis last week. We had Boardwalk balcony #11715 & loved it. We liked that we could see the ocean each morning & when we were in port. It was fun to see the Boardwalk activities & it was pretty at night. As far as noise, there was noise in the Aquatheatre from either shows or the movies until about 11p. After that it was pretty quite. Privacy wasn't a concern...we just made sure the sheer was pulled. If you don't have the extra money for an oceanview balcony, I think the Boardwalk balcony is a great option. We'd do it again.

We have 12719 and 12721 on Oasis in February for a b2b E & W Caribbean. I've been searching the Web for a picture of the view from a Boardwalk Balcony. I did find a shot from the other side.

You were 2 cabins forward and one deck lower from where well be. How was the view of the Aqua show? It looks to me that I should bring my binoculars.

I believe your cabin had the beds closer to the balcony, as opposed to the beds being closer to the bathroom. Correct? Mine should be the same. I have read that this is the preferred cabin arrangement. Did you like it better (or did you even know the cabins alternated)?

I hope no one thinks that this is too off topic. I've done a couple of searches for Boardwalk balcony threads lately and i just happened to find this one. This will be our first on the Oasis class and our first balcony on RCCL. I want our Roll Call to do a cabin crawl so I can see other cabin types too.

The balconies on CP next to the living wall on Oasis are double wide due to "white-space" the staff use for house keeping and storage. I've been researching since we are booked in a CP balc next to the living wall. Double balcony, double furniture.

I never understood why they didn't open part of the balcony on 14 next to the pools. Those would be sweet

I never understood why they didn't open part of the balcony on 14 next to the pools. Those would be sweet

Most likely due to the overhang from the structure of the pool deck.

Another thread about the larger balcs in CP & BW is going also. A member from Canada has a DS that just got home from a cruise this past week in one of the ext balc on Oasis. She's going to let me know exactly what's in that white space next to the cabins.