Your favorite gripe ...or one that has absolutely been beaten to death

razor7_us

Don't know if it would be #1, but people who refer to other people who post their different opinion or experience as an "attack" would certainly be near the top.

Another would be people here who are looking for information on cruising with NCL, but they start out their thread with some variant of "I'm loyal to Royal/Carnival . . .". If they were all that "loyal" they wouldn't be looking at other cruise lines. :rolleyes:

Well we did our first NCL cruise a few weeks ago on Breakaway and there things I loved, things liked, things I did not like.

One thing is for sure is unfortunately the nasty way some people treat the crew makes the rest of us not get the benefit of the doubt from the crew and I don't blame them one bit. I am so overly nice to the crew to make up or at least try to make up for the bad ones. At the end of the day the crew looks at me with the same sketisizm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

Edited by JAMESCC

I am an avid fan of Cruise Critic and the NCL boards, been reading them for years. I have only cruised with NCL, so there is no industry comparison for me, but I do travel extensively, one or two cruises yearly along with a land based trip or two, so I do know the value of a dollar. Just because I have a limited number of posts on CC does not mean I am a naïve cruiser or uniformed traveler.

My absolute, hands down, bottom line, #1 gripe is with the phrase “Nickel and Dimed.” God how I hate seeing those threads. Before anyone says, “Well don’t read it then,” it is sort of like a train wreck. You do not really want to look but you have to and once you start, it is hard to stop.

So let’s hear from you all in CC land. Your #1 B**ch, gripe, groan, moan or complaint. Only the #1 on your hit list please, otherwise I could go on for days about……………………………………………...you get the point.

yes, nickel and diming is toward the top but even worse is how can I keep from tipping and yes that is exactly what people are asking when they say things like, I just want to tip in cash or my server the other night didn't bring us water so I want to remove my tips.

I personally don't have any serious gripes with NCL. Oh, there are little things that from time to time are somewhat annoying, but nothing worth griping about.

Edited by newmexicoNita

Years of lurking and reading CC several times per week and I finally feel compelled to try my hand at posting.

My biggest gripe isn't NCL specific. I am totally annoyed by the people on team "the customer (in this case cruiser) is always right". Let's face it, sometimes people are dead wrong. They are rude and/or disrespectful to crew and other guests but they simply do not care. I can respect complaint threads but when your complaint is basically "so and so didn't kiss my butt" it can be irritating.

Congrats on an awesome 1st post!

I sometimes find it comical when certain people jump on others to use the search functions on the forums (which aren't the most robust tools in the world) and then later are the same ones who jump on someone else for responding in a thread that is more than 3 months old.

Ya can't have it both ways! :D

This one is easy, though. All of CruiseCritic is indexed by Google.

Want Google results ONLY from CC? Just type (in Google search box)

cruisecritic.com: "these are my search terms" (quotation marks not required)

This brief video shows exactly what to type (it's LMGTFY, so it's a little condescending, but the last bit of the video is self-referential to this thread): http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cruisecritic.com%3A+pet+peeves

Stephen

Things I surprisingly dislike about cruises:

Disembarkation - I know it's gonna go slow and take more time than I want to get luggage. But I still don't like it. (Now I read news websites on cel, which passes the time nicely)

General public's behavior in buffets. Yeah, not a fan. Especially when a slobasaurus gets cranky and asks for "the manager". Really dude?

Things I really like about cruises:

The staff. Never had anything that wasn't a delightful interaction with an employee on a cruise ship. Kudos to everyone that busts ass, without much recognition or compensation, and makes the sailings memorable.

The bathrooms: I really expected not to be pleased with the facilities in cabin. What can I say...I'm kinda new to cruising, used to resorts. But they are a solid B+ in my book.

Sitting on the balcony when arriving in port while my wife, without fail, is sleeping. I've never been to the same port

twice (until next week) so it's all new and exciting to me. I also have to admit enjoying the TV channel that displays on a map where the ship is. I don't quite get that either, ha!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I didn't buy travel insurance, didn't bother to read my cruise contract and past final payment but NCL should refund my money regardless because of my oversight or sorry situation.

Love it!!!! Because they are special :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Frank Del Rio compensation package threads .... which often are tied into NCLH stock price threads.

My reasoning for this is:

A) My decision for booking a cruise or making any kind of major or small purchase has nothing to do with CEO compensation

B) The stock price threads usually have simplistic explanations like "not surprised, because we didn't buy a cheeseburger at Margaritavillle like we'd planned to and spoke with a few others on the cruise who also refused to spend money there."

the water situation

i am a wateraholic. i drink when i'm not thirsty. i drink when i'm driving. i probably should be in meetings

so i bought the 60 dollar case of 12 waters. big mistake, brought 5 home. i am NOT a boozer either. but just found that during the cruise the combo of some soda and some booze was enough. i did drink the water in all the restaurants and i had no issues. so a 6 pack would have been enough.

that being said, i think it is lame that a 20 cent bottle of water isnt free with the UDP. they are wasting the cup giving you drinks in plastic cups so what big deal is a bottle of water.

A gripe that has been done to death....

"So I signed up for the Free at Sea promotions and I got the Ultimate Beverage Package. Then I found out that 'free' doesn't actually mean 'free'!!!!! Jiggawha?!?!?!? In what world do you actually still have to pay $99 of gratuities for a 'free' unlimited drink package? Something's not right."

A gripe that has been done to death....

"So I signed up for the Free at Sea promotions and I got the Ultimate Beverage Package. Then I found out that 'free' doesn't actually mean 'free'!!!!! Jiggawha?!?!?!? In what world do you actually still have to pay $99 of gratuities for a 'free' unlimited drink package? Something's not right."

yep, that is one that has been done to death. What are people thinking, they don't have to tip for drinks?

One I'm surprised I haven't heard more of is the line at kids clubs.

I picked a more port intensive cruise for our next 2 so I don't have to tell my kids - sorry they're closed. They were not happy when they wanted to go to the club and it was closed.

So let’s hear from you all in CC land. Your #1 B**ch, gripe, groan, moan or complaint. Only the #1 on your hit list please, otherwise I could go on for days about……………………………………………...you get the point.

So here are mine....

"The pool area was too crowded."... Ummm... hello... you are on a ship with 1000's of people and only one or a couple tiny pools.

"There were too many kids."... Ummm... hello... perhaps you shouldn't book during popular kid times, like summer vacation or other school vacations.

"The ship didn't have anything but two small pools. There wasn't enough to do."... Ummm... hello... do you not research the ship before you actually get on it??

"There weren't enough scheduled activities."... Ummm... hello... There are dozens of activities every day, and you couldn't find anything you enjoyed. What... do you have to be booked 24/7 for it to be "fun"??

"I had to wait too long for a drink"... Ummm... hello... Get out of your lounge chair and go to a bar/area that isn't so crowded...

"The buffet food was bad."... Ummm... hello... There wasn't anything you like? Well, then go eat somewhere else.

My biggest frustration are people who decide they've had a terrible vacation because of their complaints. It's all about attitude. Stop complaining about the small stuff and enjoy life, with all it's bumps in the roads.

Edited by JillL

My #1 gripe, although it is not beaten to death, is cruisers wanting the world (free cruise) because they decided to sail during hurricane season and missed a port

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

i made it to bermuda the week after the storm. i feel i should be charged a difference because of my good fortune and give NCL more of my money.