Question: "Can I ....?"

Answer: "No."

Reply to Answer: "Yeah, but what if I just....?"

Reply to Answer: "I thought that I read somewhere that I could..."

Reply to Answer: "Well, you don't have to be so rude....."

Edited by Two Wheels Only

I also hate when there is a a question posted about packing, and someone responds with that tired, old line about half the clothes and twice the money.

This does not make you seem clever.

its also wrong . i planned on 9 shirts for the week. i would stink pretty bad if i just brought along 4.5 shirts:eek:..and we dont even wanna talk about half the underthings

its also wrong . i planned on 9 shirts for the week. i would stink pretty bad if i just brought along 4.5 shirts:eek:..and we dont even wanna talk about half the underthings

So you are not one of those who like to boast of living a couple of weeks on a cruise ship followed by two weeks traveling in Europe with just one carry-on bag.

The threads that I hate the most are on tipping, service charge, whatever you want to call it.

Especially the ones where posters do elaborate calculations of what the stewards, servers, butlers, concierges, etc. make in total and then use that as some sort of justification as to why their measly tip, or lack thereof, is actually appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So you are not one of those who like to boast of living a couple of weeks on a cruise ship followed by two weeks traveling in Europe with just one carry-on bag.

if i ever had that much money to do that, i certainly would be more reclusive. i hate being the center of attention. even preferring corner seats in restaurants vs middle of the room.

now regarding carry ons..HOLY COW. i saw some that were huge. i'm definitely not a seasoned traveler

The threads that I hate the most are on tipping, service charge, whatever you want to call it.

Especially the ones where posters do elaborate calculations of what the stewards, servers, butlers, concierges, etc. make in total and then use that as some sort of justification as to why their measly tip, or lack thereof, is actually appropriate.

Or the person who has as their signature line - "Remember, you can always have your DSC reduced"

It's more common on the general boards than here on NCL, but some people get down right mad at the idea of someone cruising without a passport. I have an image of Aunt Pittypat sitting at a desk, clutching her pearls.

Beaten to death....:rolleyes:

Can we please start a new thread about not being able to bring water or soda on board?:eek:

I think we could beat that dead horse around for another 15-20 pages! :D:D:D

Oh my gosh yes!

regarding the water comment. i'm a heavy drinker and if allowed i would have brought on a case. i ordered a 12 pack from NCL for 60 bucks.brought 5 or 6 bottles home

makes me wonder how many people who NEED their water really do because did not need all that. but i do wish they knocked the prices at least in half

It's more common on the general boards than here on NCL, but some people get down right mad at the idea of someone cruising without a passport. I have an image of Aunt Pittypat sitting at a desk, clutching her pearls.

when checking in at the haven desk, we gave the woman our passport cards. she did say 'oh you just have a passport card' and we thought we were gonna get yelled at or something. but i guess they just have to tell you about the flying thing and you must sign a form regarding it

Nope, you just have them cleaned

Mine 2 are.......

The people who complain about Chair Hogs.....gets very annoying!

The people who ask about bringing their friends and family into the Haven Courtyard area when they are not in a Haven room then complain about it when they find out they cant.

In addition to "bait and switch", it is "false advertising". I just wish folks would read two things: One is the cruise contract and two is the laws surrounding these two accusations and then hopefully we would have less posters waiving them around incorrectly.

People who apparently believe that it is fine to ignore requested standards and posted rules if the crew fails to aggressively enforce them.

Yes! And passengers who think 2 weeks sat in o'sheenans makes them competent enough to pass judgement on the crew and officers who spend years training in their proffesion. An example during the muster drill on the breakaway. Loud mouthed woman 'tut, the captain on here doesn't have a clue what he's doing, I've been sat here for 15 minutes. He's dangerous' me 'shut up, the master and officers have undergone more exams than you've had hot dinners!'

Using CC as a soap box to air their past personal grudges against a cruise line. Gets tiring to read the same old thinly veiled personal agenda after a while.

Yeah.

I joined CC to share in the excitement of cruising and get tips. It's quickly heading to a board full of people moaning and bitching. I sometimes wonder if there are two cruise lines called NCL.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My number on gripe on the NCL Board here at CC is: In many threads, after the first page or two the posters turn on each other like ravenous dogs.

the know it alls have to knock down the newbies who are asking innocent questions. it's impossible for them to ignore a thread where they have no desire to help. i think they want to boost their post counts. or just be mean.

I hate the ones who semi-hijack a thread.

They don't change the topic completely, but also don't answer the OP's question.

OP: Does the Jade have a piano bar or a movie screen by the pool?

Semi-hijacker: My favorite spot on the Jade is the Buffet.

My biggest gripe on any cruise is parents who allow their children to run wild.

Last two cruises 8, 9, and 10 year old's at 7 P.M. were playing Hide and Seek in either the buffet or in the Specialty Dining Rooms.

On the last cruise a 10 year old girl broke her arm sliding down the banister in one of the staircases.

My biggest gripe on any cruise is parents who allow their children to run wild.

Last two cruises 8, 9, and 10 year old's at 7 P.M. were playing Hide and Seek in either the buffet or in the Specialty Dining Rooms.

On the last cruise a 10 year old girl broke her arm sliding down the banister in one of the staircases.

This girl was more than 10 years old.

Did I semi-hijack this thread?

Edited by $hip$hape