Your favorite gripe ...or one that has absolutely been beaten to death

razor7_us

One I'm surprised I haven't heard more of is the line at kids clubs.

I picked a more port intensive cruise for our next 2 so I don't have to tell my kids - sorry they're closed. They were not happy when they wanted to go to the club and it was closed.

Maybe because most people I have ever spoken with love the kids club including my great granddaughter who has cruised 3 times on NCL> I once talked to a mom of twins that said her daughters wanted to go to the kids club all the time and she was so thankful for such a great place for them. I can't imagine why you found them closed so often. Was there any reason?

.... I can't imagine why you found them closed so often. Was there any reason?

Possibly because of their hours? ? ?

Splash Academy sea days closed; 12:00 - 2:00, 5:00 - 7:00.

Extra cost after 10:30pm.

Port day hours; PAT - 10:30pm

My greatest frustration on the boards are the people who feel compelled to criticize the question, comment, spelling, etc. of someone else on the board. If you don't like the comment or thread just leave it alone. If you want to bring up an alternative view, fine, but it's not helpful to jump on someone for asking the question you think is unimportant or unnecessary or for putting up a comment you disagree with.

On the other hand, the people who get offended easily and assume they are being dissed when they aren't bugs me, too. :rolleyes:

Chair hogs .... and the DYKWIA'ers (Do you know who I am?) They are a crack up at customer service with the "I am Diamond, Platinum, Titanium, Plutonium etc." The other gripe is folks who bring their own radio/phones with speakers to a public area to entertain me with their choice of music. I agree with another poster, you can't help reading about the irritations of other cruisers, I find some human behaviors quite entertaining.

My number one gripe is when people on the boards use the term, "first world problem."

Well no kidding!!!!! What other kind of problems do cruisers have?

OMG me too! I figure if you are on a cruise message board. That's what you got.

Edited by sprint180

My biggest grip is when people ask simple questions that can be answered quickly by calling the cruiseline directly. But instead they look to cruise critic to slowly get dozens of conflicting answers.

Perhaps they post here on CC to get those conflicting answers without waiting .... and waiting ...... and waiting on the phone with the cruiseline.:)

And CC's conflicting answers are way more entertaining.:D

Captain should delay ship departure time indefinitely for late returning drunks and shopaholics. To leave them behind is heartless and inhumane.

i guess we got lucky friday. we left 3 min. early and assume everyone must have been on board in order to do so

good job guests!

People who assume that everything in the world works and it is regulated like it is in their home country.

People who believe other guests owe them anything to add to their vacation ambience. If the cruise line through the staff on board is okay with how I go to dinner that is all that matters. It is their ship.

A gripe that has been done to death....

"So I signed up for the Free at Sea promotions and I got the Ultimate Beverage Package. Then I found out that 'free' doesn't actually mean 'free'!!!!! Jiggawha?!?!?!? In what world do you actually still have to pay $99 of gratuities for a 'free' unlimited drink package? Something's not right."

Lol! People new to NCL are always surprised to find out NCL's definition of "free" and the dictionary's definition of "free" don't jive. NCL should post an asterisk next to the word "free" and a glossary of terms on their homepage. Something like: "Free" is only $99 per person for unlimited non-premium drinks on a seven day cruise. It would save a lot of unnecessary posts on CC. :p

I sometimes find it comical when certain people jump on others to use the search functions on the forums (which aren't the most robust tools in the world) and then later are the same ones who jump on someone else for responding in a thread that is more than 3 months old.

Ya can't have it both ways! :D

Yep a strange one that.

Answering a question without reading the question.

Example; Where is the best body surfing? Cozumel, Costa Maya or Belize?

Answer; Barbados

REALLY?!!!

This!

I hate that. Or...

"Q: Tell me xyz about an inside cabin...

A: I don't know. I only sail in suites. "

That is not an answer. That is a waste of time. No one is impressed.

I also hate when there is a a question posted about packing, and someone responds with that tired, old line about half the clothes and twice the money.

This does not make you seem clever.

Well we did our first NCL cruise a few weeks ago on Breakaway and there things I loved, things liked, things I did not like.

One thing is for sure is unfortunately the nasty way some people treat the crew makes the rest of us not get the benefit of the doubt from the crew and I don't blame them one bit. I am so overly nice to the crew to make up or at least try to make up for the bad ones. At the end of the day the crew looks at me with the same sketisizm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

I agree. I was horrified last year on the Dawn to hear the horrible racist insults a woman hurled at a bartender when she thought he had lost her Sign and Sail card. It was disgusting and made me sad.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Another one...

People who post asking a question and obviously have a preconceived expectation of what the answer should be. Then get upset when the answer turns out to be otherwise.

(Extreme) example: "I don't like touching the serving utensils at the buffet because I think they are full of germs. If I wash my hands upon entering the buffet, can I just pick some bacon with my hands? What about pancakes? Or would they mind if I just use my own fork? It's clean."

Also, generally, people who post reviews or comments and get utterly offended and defensive when others don't agree. I'm thinking about the "will workers outside of the Haven recognize me and greet me by name" lady.

Mine is when folks use "bait and switch" when they don't like a change. They accuse the cruise lines of "bait and switch", but they don't even no the definition of the term and it has never applied to any of the changes they sight.

mine is" UPGRADES". If you want an upgrade you can either do two things, pay for it, or book a guarantee in the hopes you get one, other than that hoping for the cruise upgrade fairy to call, gripe about the new bidding system is kind of pointless. There is always a choice you can either book a stateroom you like and be happy with it therefore enjoying your cruise or book a guarantee one and then be miserable because you were hoping to be upgraded to a higher category. In the words of Donald Trump i have seen those threads " many many many times :D.

My #1 gripe would have to be people complaining about not having assigned dinner times like such and such line, not getting to know the waiter like such and such line , people not dressed up enough at dinner, etc.

NCL has been free style for a LONG time now, didnt you do any research before you booked? If your that into formal and like such and such line so much why aren't you sailing with them?

My biggest gripe is with high pricing overall. I have to say that on the cruises I checked on for an upcoming family cruise that Royal Carribbean was more per day for the same type of cabin. My gripe is that I feel badly for families that want to cruise with the rest of the family but the fares are really high especially if they have to fly in the day before and stay at a hotel. As an older family member I gladly pay for part of their cruise. It is just a shame that most cruises with two adults and two children for an inside cabin airfare and hotel can easily run $5000.

People who assume that everything in the world works and it is regulated like it is in their home country.

People who believe other guests owe them anything to add to their vacation ambience. If the cruise line through the staff on board is okay with how I go to dinner that is all that matters. It is their ship.

People who apparently believe that it is fine to ignore requested standards and posted rules if the crew fails to aggressively enforce them.

"Also, generally, people who post reviews or comments and get utterly offended and defensive when others don't agree. I'm thinking about the "will workers outside of the Haven recognize me and greet me by name" lady."

I love this quote. I remember the original post also. That lady was something else