Dining on the Quest.

flaminkokid

Third night on the Quest. Third dinner. The food is wretched: cold, tasteless or tough. Pick one.

We’ve cruised at least ten time on Azamara but this might be the last.

You've sailed with us "at least ten times" but you're new to posting on Cruise Critic?

Have you mentioned your unhappiness with the food to our Restaurant Manager or Hotel Manager? I'll reach out to them tonight to see what they've heard from you. We want you to be happy!

If you have sailed with Azamara ten times (and some of your cruises were on Quest) you will know the Hotel Director and Restaurant Manager and more importantly they will know you.

A quiet word with either of them is advised. Azamara dislikes unhappy guests and works very hard to solve problems.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise

I am Lactose Intolerant and HD Philip noticed me walking around looking for labels on the displayed food at the Officers buffet. He asked me if I had a problem. I told him I was looking for some fruit and explained that was the one problem at evening meal, as I wasn't able to pre order sweets. He said he would have a word with chef. Thereafter I was given 'specials' each evening.

Instantly accommodating a guest. Thankyou Azamara.

d00da553fcb7e0e26bc76ef6fe4c8754.jpg

d0b9fe015e8380fcc155bd93679c63ce.jpg

54ab245e0e71757454f539ca85e40583.jpg

Edited by upwarduk

You've sailed with us "at least ten times" but you're new to posting on Cruise Critic?

Have you mentioned your unhappiness with the food to our Restaurant Manager or Hotel Manager? I'll reach out to them tonight to see what they've heard from you. We want you to be happy!

Bonnie,

Not everyone who enjoys cruising uses CC. Based solely on the number of people who comment on any given cruise compared to a ship's passenger load and those who participate in M&Ms, less than 20 percent of cruisers use CC. The highest percentage I've experienced, all lines we've sailed, was actually on Journey out of Mumbai where the total number of passengers was announced as 490 and we had 69 CC registered people at the M&M = 14 percent.

Bonnie,

Not everyone who enjoys cruising uses CC. Based solely on the number of people who comment on any given cruise compared to a ship's passenger load and those who participate in M&Ms, less than 20 percent of cruisers use CC. The highest percentage I've experienced, all lines we've sailed, was actually on Journey out of Mumbai where the total number of passengers was announced as 490 and we had 69 CC registered people at the M&M = 14 percent.

Completely agree with you. Also the OP is not new to Cruise Critic. He has posted more than 100 times previously.

Completely agree with you. Also the OP is not new to Cruise Critic. He has posted more than 100 times previously.

Indeed and to the original poster as the others have said, please don't be passive aggressive, speak up on board they will do cartwheels to fix what is worrying you.

It seems a bit strange that they gave us the choice of picking, wretched OR cold OR tasteless OR tough. Pick one.!!! it sounds to me like they are not easily pleased, in 7 cruises with Az we have never had anything but the odd problem which was dealt with in a courteous and speedy manner.

Sorry. I shouldn't have posted. I was upset after three real lousy dinners in windows. But it's not fair to complain here. Breakfast this morning was served with cardboard potatoes. I do hope it gets better. But I don't want to be unfair.

Sorry. I shouldn't have posted. I was upset after three real lousy dinners in windows. But it's not fair to complain here. Breakfast this morning was served with cardboard potatoes. I do hope it gets better. But I don't want to be unfair.

Everyone has their own very subjective opinion of food quality, but the advice given here is good. Ask to see the Hotel Director immediately and state your problem with the quality of food onboard. As others have said, they will jump over hoops to get it right for you. I hope you are enjoying your cruise apart from that one issue. We are on Quest in May and just can't wait. :)

We had all breakfasts, most lunches, and several dinners in Windows on the NOLA/Cuba cruise. Variety is amazing, the theme dinners excellent, new desserts (e.g., fruit pavlova) brought over by Monica from Journey very nice. I find this carping hard to believe just days later.

I just have to comment, I can't be 'silent' anymore.... I need to provide our position with our food experiences after reading another member review on the CC ship's review page just now where the member was less than impressed with the food (on the cruise after ours).

In the recent cruises we've done on the both the Quest and the Journey, both my husband and I have commented whilst on board on the fact that we thought the quality of the food was still at a high standard. On the recent Quest Panama Canal Cruise, we didn't experience anything but enjoyable meals. I'm aware that sometimes we just make better menu choices than other times, could that be the issue? I too am at a loss as to why things should change greatly from one cruise to another. On the Christmas Cruise on the Journey our adult daughter said, and I quote 'that meal was the best meal that I think I've ever had'. Just my thoughts on the food subject......

Just got off the Quest on Sunday and have to say having sailed with Azamara 18 times now the food was superb. I really could not fault it!

This is probably the wrong place to ask !

But can you tell me if I need an adapter from England for the cabin ?!

My husband and I were on the Quest March 10-21st - we were very disappointed in the food (full review on CC reviews and posted on this forum as well) - I would not call it wretched, but I would say the quality was not what I expected. Breakfast was fine- it was usual offerings, hot, variety, etc. Lunch was fine as well, but dinner was SO disappointing. We had lobster offered just ONE night and we asked many times where and when that would be offered again, we talked to several officer type people (don't know exactly who) - so the comments saying if you are unhappy let them know they will fix it I don't think applies. I don't know how they can change the selection - the strip steak was tough and fatty, only offered filet one night as well. I don't like lamb or salmon, which is offered pretty much every night in the main dining room, so I realize that does limit me. My friend had a bone in her chicken/caesar salad one night and she chipped a bit of her tooth. She didn't want to say anything, (which I disagreed with her) but what could they do then? The damage had been done.