Refurbished ship

QueenP

I have been reading posts that seem to hint that the outside seating area at the Windows Buffet no longer exists since the refurbishment of the ships. This was our favourite place to eat on board, especially at sunset, and we always found a table free there. Can anyone confirm that I can still go to my favourite viewing spot to eat? Also, is it possible that there is more drawer space in the cabins now? (Ever hopeful!)

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Forums mobile app

Edited by QueenP

I have been reading posts that seem to hint that the outside seating area at the Windows Buffet no longer exists since the refurbishment of the ships. This was our favourite place to eat on board, especially at sunset, and we always found a table free there. Can anyone confirm that I can still go to my favourite viewing spot to eat? Also, is it possible that there is more drawer space in the cabins now? (Ever hopeful!)

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Forums mobile app

I'm sure you will get lots of replies, however although it was originally suggested that there would be an Asian restaurant in the Sunset Bar area Azamara listened to its guests and the open area is still there. It has been in line with the rest of the ships refurbished with new flooring and furniture, and is still very much the best eating area on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Indeed, as marinaro44 points out, the new heaters extend the potential use of the Sunset Bar, and they are also potentially available in The Patio area.

On our Aug. cruise, the Sunset Bar was also available first thing in the morning when weather permitted. On other cruises, there was sometimes a period when it was closed because of concerns with noise bothering those in the staterooms below.

Our sense was that the new chairs and new(?) flooring dampened any sounds. Is that a valid observation?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

(1) In verandah staterooms the VERY useful wash line in the shower stall has vanished, so drying your "smalls" or your swimming costume is a bit challenging. Our neighbour resorted to a line strung across their balcony.

(2) The coat hooks are also missing from the wall in the stateroom.

I really hope these will both be re-instated soon.

(1) In verandah staterooms the VERY useful wash line in the shower stall has vanished, so drying your "smalls" or your swimming costume is a bit challenging. Our neighbour resorted to a line strung across their balcony.

everyone wants these back. i dry my bathing suit on the balcony it we are not moving. i hang other things any place i can. I miss the cabinet in bathroom where i stored extra things

Just off the Journey - you'll be pleased to learn that the wash line will, at some time in the future, be reinstated. During the Le Club Voyage cocktail party, we were informed that numerous photos detailing the creative and very visible solutions taken by passengers to dry their "smalls," had been taken by the Captain and HD and forwarded to Miami. The Captain expects a speedy return of the in-shower wash line.

I broke out our vintage, braided rubber travel version and found it easy to secure across the shower for overnight drying, but will be happy to leave it home next cruise : )

Just off the Journey - you'll be pleased to learn that the wash line will, at some time in the future, be reinstated. During the Le Club Voyage cocktail party, we were informed that numerous photos detailing the creative and very visible solutions taken by passengers to dry their "smalls," had been taken by the Captain and HD and forwarded to Miami. The Captain expects a speedy return of the in-shower wash line.

I broke out our vintage, braided rubber travel version and found it easy to secure across the shower for overnight drying, but will be happy to leave it home next cruise : )

Good news! But, a week ago I ordered a washing line with suction cups for about $8 on Amazon. It also came with clips or you could wedge corners of the items into the elastic braided stuff. I don't know when "at some time in the future" will be and as we're on Journey over Christmas for 2 weeks, I needed to know I'd have a place to hang our bathing suits and my "smalls."

The Asian restaurant never came to fruition, although I think there are more Asian goodies of a more diverse nature available at the buffet. Outside dining/bar area has been refurbished, but is essentially as it was. Pool grill area is definitely nicer than it was, unfortunately, the hamburgers remain outstanding, along with the fries. Bad news if you were planning dinner at one of the upscale dining rooms. Don't worry, you won't go hungry. Don't worry if you want sushi or noodles. Don't worry if you want a drink as the sun sets. Do worry about getting on board as soon as possible. Happy sailing!

The Asian restaurant never came to fruition, although I think there are more Asian goodies of a more diverse nature available at the buffet. Outside dining/bar area has been refurbished, but is essentially as it was. Pool grill area is definitely nicer than it was, unfortunately, the hamburgers remain outstanding, along with the fries. Bad news if you were planning dinner at one of the upscale dining rooms. Don't worry, you won't go hungry. Don't worry if you want sushi or noodles. Don't worry if you want a drink as the sun sets. Do worry about getting on board as soon as possible. Happy sailing!

If you have a burger at lunchtime at The Patio it is not nearly as good as the one served in the evening so don't be put off. The one served in the evening is better quality beef without the filler that goes into the lunchtime one which imo has gone down in quality. The room service burgers are like those of evening patio and really good.

Just off the Quest. Bathroom clothesline and hooks are soon to be (re)installed, according to Philip. Yeah. We did not revert to using duct tape and bungey cords (joke) but did use removeable 3m hooks on the mirror. The makeup mirror was very useful as a bar for the hand towel and for drying other "smalls"....

Just off the Quest. Bathroom clothesline and hooks are soon to be (re)installed, according to Philip. Yeah. We did not revert to using duct tape and bungey cords (joke) but did use removeable 3m hooks on the mirror. The makeup mirror was very useful as a bar for the hand towel and for drying other "smalls"....

Yes! We did this too. :)

----the Sunset Bar was also available first thing in the morning when weather permitted. On other cruises, there was sometimes a period when it was closed because of concerns with noise bothering those in the staterooms below.[/Quote]

Last Saturday( disembarkation day) on Quest it was open for breakfast, complete with blankets.

I was surprised that the MDR wasn't serving the ' quick breakfast' as Windows really can't cope with serving breakfast to the entire ship.

IMO The Patio was draughty, but we were on the Atlantic ( TA)