Suite amenity Question

SJSULIBRARIAN

I noticed that one of the suite amenities is complimentary cover charge for one of the specialty restaurants on embarkation evening. I assume that one needs to call for a reservation immediately upon embarkation. Is there a letter in the cabin that indicates that the passenger is to have this? Thanks.

Yes, there will be a letter in your suite to call the DINE line for reservations on the first night. Twice, someone has called the cabin to ask me what the best time was. Don't know if that was by sheer coincidence or planned. Regardless, it was a surprise and very convenient.

Some ships accept going directly to the restaurant, but of late, it seems that they prefer you go through the DINE line.

If there is no letter, just identify yourself as a suite passenger when you call. Your stateroom number should identify you as in a suite, but it never hurts to mention it.

We were on Regal last March. We boarded and went to Alfredo's for lunch. Then went down a deck and met the Matre'd at Sabatinis and made our reservation before going to the room. Just show your suite card and you'll be fine.

We greatly prefer Sabatini's over the steak place. You'll also be having breakfast there so it's a great opportunity to get to know the place and for them to get to know you.

We just went. The worst that could happen, we figured, was that we would walk out with a reservation, just as if we had called the dine line. They took about two minutes to verify our stateroom card, and they took us.

Edited by tetleytea

I am not sure about anyone else...but ANYTIME we have had to call the DINE Line (whether we were in a suite or not) it just rang and rang with no one to pick up the line. We've attempted calls on embarkation day, as well as into the cruise and had no luck with anyone answering the phone!

Last year, we cruised Alaska on the Grand in a Window Suite. After numerous attempts to make a reservation in the Crown Grille on the phone on embarkation day, we finally gave up and went directly to the restaurant and made reservations with a very helpful gentlemen.

Another related question, please. There are three of us in a suite on the CB in January. Can all of us, that is the 3 of us, enjoy the sailaway complimentary dinner in the specialty restaurant? Or does one of us have to pay?

Thanks, Bill

The suite amenities are described at http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf.

There does not appear to be any limitation to the first two passengers for the complimentary cover charge or for any of the other suite amenities. I suggest you print a copy of the suite amenities flyer and take it with you.

If you received additional amenities under a sales promotion, those are often limited to the first two passengers.

Another related question, please. There are three of us in a suite on the CB in January. Can all of us, that is the 3 of us, enjoy the sailaway complimentary dinner in the specialty restaurant? Or does one of us have to pay?

Thanks, Bill

I think it is for whoever is booked in the suite.

Just as an FYI it doesn't apply to the shorter then 7 night cruises.

Officially, according to the Princess Cruise Amenities brochure, it applies to all cruises 6 days or longer - so it would apply to cruises one-day shorter than 7 nights.:)

We got it on a 5 day cruise on the Ruby last fall.

Although Princess only promises it on 6 day or longer cruises, several of us have received it on some shorter cruises. It depends on the people on the ship. It's always worth asking, but don't count on it.

I would call the DINE line proactively as soon as soon as you board. Yes, it can annoyingly take forever to get through, but I have been on voyages when the Crown Grill fills up quickly. This happened on our most recent cruise when we sailed in a suite. We did get the res, but the restaurant was full even on the first night. Sabatini's doesn't seem to be as frequented, and we've been able to get in easily.

We have never had any problem whatsoever getting a reservation for the first night suite dining. We have either called the dine line, showed up at the restaurant, or talked to some one at the restaurant when we boarded. It has just never been a problem.:)

The suite amenities are described at http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf.

There does not appear to be any limitation to the first two passengers for the complimentary cover charge or for any of the other suite amenities. I suggest you print a copy of the suite amenities flyer and take it with you.

If you received additional amenities under a sales promotion, those are often limited to the first two passengers.

Does this apply to Mini suites