2C or Upgrade to 1A

whitshel

Hey All,

We are booked on the Equinox this summer for her 1st summer Caribbean sailings we found a really good deal from a travel agent with a group rate of $705 for 2D and we were upgraded to a 2C from the captains club. We picked cabins 6240 and 6242 partially obstructed hump balcony cabins. The also have a resident rate for $875 for 1A hump cabins. Is it worth $340 to upgrade to a non obstructed balcony?:confused:

Stayed in 6241 on the port side, nice cabin negligible obstructed view. You are close to elevator.

Balcony is already over sized, not worth the money to upgrade. $340 pays for 4 nights in the specialty restaurants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

We were in this cabin on the Solstice. Loved the large veranda, but it was our 1st time with bed by veranda and we found we definitely prefer the bed near the bath. The view was minimally obstructed by a small motorized boat about 1/3 the size of the smaller lifeboats. It was fine, and we love the Deck 6 midships location as it's just a flight down to Cafe al Bacio. For the savings, I would stick with it as I don't think the 1A cabins on Deck 6 have that much better of a view, but we will see since we are in 1A 6214 on the Eclipse TA.

Our last cruise we ended up with a 2D 6202 booking a GTY and we weren't that diistressed by the fully obstructed view because we had a clear view to the water below between lifeboat stanchions.

Also have been in 6222 which is a 2B on the jut-out.

Edited by TMLAalum

Stayed in 6241 on the port side, nice cabin negligible obstructed view. You are close to elevator.

Balcony is already over sized, not worth the money to upgrade. $340 pays for 4 nights in the specialty restaurants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking. Both have large balconies and $340 will be a nice savings.

Thanks all for input :)

With the resident rate you would probably also lose any perks you may have.

I booked on a group rate so no perks except what we got from the T/A. Thats something else I've been mulling over, if I go wit the current deal with Celebrity for 2 perks, it's $1049pp so that would be an extra $700 to get a drink package and a $300obc. My wife doesn't drink so I'm thinking of staying cheap with my $705pp group rate.

Hey All,

We are booked on the Equinox this summer for her 1st summer Caribbean sailings we found a really good deal from a travel agent with a group rate of $705 for 2D and we were upgraded to a 2C from the captains club. We picked cabins 6240 and 6242 partially obstructed hump balcony cabins. The also have a resident rate for $875 for 1A hump cabins. Is it worth $340 to upgrade to a non obstructed balcony?:confused:

Hi

I have stayed in both those cabins as well as a 1A hump cabin.

There is no real difference those 2C cabins IMHO offer the best

Value on the ship. You are also only 1 flight down to Cafe Al Bacio, and

they are on the smoke free side so that's not a problem.

Spend your savings on On Board Treats, have a great trip the Equinox is a fab ship

Depends what you value most. Personally I'd stick with the 2C. In fact I was in 6242 on Equinox. Here are my photos. No issues IMHO.

Thanks so much for the pics, that seals the deal :D obstruction doesn't look bad at all.

We've done a 1A, 1B and 2C (all via Guarantee).

Yes the 1A was better than the 1B, which was better than the 2C (Bit near the front and above the observation platform - so a bit noisy during docking).

Because you are asking is it worth it, I'll assume that you're not one of the 1% money is no object elite :D - If there was £50 in it I might be tempted to upgrade, above that I wouldn't bother. Yes the Balcony might be bigger, but the standard Balcony isn't small - the cabins and features will be identical, and the CC points will be the same.

A 2C midships might also be better if you are prone to seasickness.

That's what I was thinking. Both have large balconies and $340 will be a nice savings.

Thanks all for input :)

I've stayed in 6240 and 6242 before and there is very little obstruction in either of these cabins. The balcony of 6240 is a bit larger than the one of 6242 but still oversized.

We love the location of these rooms and always look for 6240 when booking. We booked this cabin on the Solstice before and love that the cabin has some mechanical noise ... maybe a fan or engine ... that was definitely audible in the cabin, more so in the bathroom and not at all while on the balcony. We love sleeping to white noise so this is the cabin of our choice.

So, since I am such a fan of this cabin, I would definitely save my money.