Too much negativity - let's have some positive thoughts.

geospyder

We are happy with Celebrity. Currently we have nine cruises booked - seven with Celebrity. We've never had a problem that couldn't be solved - with the exception of the web site but even that is being worked on :D While we enjoy the Solstice class, our favorite ship is the Connie. Maybe because it was our first Celebrity cruise a number of years ago. Long story short we are happy with Celebrity. Keep up the good work.

We are happy with Celebrity. Currently we have nine cruises booked - seven with Celebrity. We've never had a problem that couldn't be solved - with the exception of the web site but even that is being worked on :D While we enjoy the Solstice class, our favorite ship is the Connie. Maybe because it was our first Celebrity cruise a number of years ago. Long story short we are happy with Celebrity. Keep up the good work.

We don't have 7 cruises booked on X, just 6😉. Obviously we too are very happy with the product. I am pleased to say that this morning the web-site was working better-I was able to book dining, check order history & move Between reservations.

Glad you took the time to post, I too find the that the negative posts overshadow all the positive things

Agree.... there have been a few bumps in the road, but makes sailing X even more worth it as we are very happy and ever so ready to get back on-baord, after dis-embarking...:')

bon voyage

It is not so much what people say, it is more the way they say it and our interpretation...but I think constructive criticism is worthwhile. I only have two cruises booked at this time; too much food and temptation! Also, I like the suite life that Celebrity provides! [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is not so much what people say, it is more the way they say it and our interpretation...but I think constructive criticism is worthwhile. I only have two cruises booked; too much food and temptation! Also, I like the suite life! [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just down the hill from you - Sparks, NV :D

I just returned from the British Isles cruise in June, our second cruise with Celebrity, both on the Eclipse. With the exception of the lack of much daytime entertainment for our two sea days, I think Celebrity has a great product and we had a wonderful time. The ship is beautiful, the production shows I saw were beautifully produced, the food in the MDR was good, our waiters and cabin steward were wonderful. I love having the Classic beverage package and starting my day with a latte and ending with a drink at the show. Never had to wait for a drink. Our extended family had some medical issues and they were extremely impressed with the care they received in the medical facility. Glad to see a positive thread started!

Our first cruise with Celebrity will be in November 2017 and even after reading these boards continuously (positive and negative remarks) I cannot wait to board and have the best 12 night cruise celebrating our 25th Anniversary and my husbands 65th birthday -:) we will enjoy ourselves 100% as our vacation is what we make it, not what everyone else's opinion is.

I like Celebrity. I've got future cruises booked. However I don't like the trend I'm seeing among the non-luxury cruise lines.

I think it's safe to say that many of us are old enough to remember multiple instances of industries where service erosion has destroyed the experience. This hasn't happened to the premium cruise lines yet, but I think some of us fear that it could.

Going way back.... remember when you used to pull into the service station to buy gas? You stayed in your car. They filled your tank, washed your windshield, checked your oil level and tire pressure. The service guy probably recognized you and knew your name. Slowly over time that level of service eroded and finally vanished.

More recently, consider the airline industry. Traveling was special. People even dressed up for it. Food was served on most flights over a few hours. Seats had leg room. You could actually cross your legs. In-flight entertainment was free. They had special in-cabin storage for garment bags. They had racks with a selection of magazines. There were ample rest rooms. Remember when the 747 came out and they had a bar upstairs you could visit in-flight? Over time this level of service has eroded (I should say - evaporated). Today you are jammed into tight seats, have to pay for checked bags (sometimes even carry-ons), don't get fed (or are charged for really poor quality food), have to pay if you want to reserve a seat, etc.

There are many other examples of service erosion that have left some of us oldsters fondly remembering days past. We'd just hate to see that happen to the cruise industry.

Yes, you can fly business class, you used to be able to pay more for full service gas, and you can cruise on a luxury line. However, I think in many cases the concern is, service levels that you used to be able to afford are no longer available or no longer affordable. Some of us see the beginnings of this in the cruise industry. So we complain when things like the Mast grill go from free to extra charge. Not because we can't afford to pay $10 for a burger if we want one, but because we see this as another step in chipping away the cruise experience we so much love. Will service erosion ever progress to the point where we are left with the choice between luxury lines we can't afford, or mainstream lines that we don't like? I hope not, but don't blame me for pointing out the signs along the way.

Thanks for the good words. Done a bunch of Celebrity Cruises, have a bunch more booked, and can't say I really had any complaints of the last dozen or so cruises. Worst thing that happened was didn't have hot water for three days on one cruise, but all the Kings horses put their heads together and figured it out.

I haven't seen one part of the hospitality industry (air, hotel,cruises) that hasn't cut where they can and make certain things we've taken for granted an optional surcharge item (remember when parking or internet were free at hotels? when meals and snacks and seat selection and baggage was free on airlines?)

Cruises to me are still the most dollar wise investment of my leisure time/money, and thank geospyder for helping me remember that

I like Celebrity. I've got future cruises booked. However I don't like the trend I'm seeing among the non-luxury cruise lines.

I think it's safe to say that many of us are old enough to remember multiple instances of industries where service erosion has destroyed the experience. This hasn't happened to the premium cruise lines yet, but I think some of us fear that it could.

Going way back.... remember when you used to pull into the service station to buy gas? You stayed in your car. They filled your tank, washed your windshield, checked your oil level and tire pressure. The service guy probably recognized you and knew your name. Slowly over time that level of service eroded and finally vanished.

More recently, consider the airline industry. Traveling was special. People even dressed up for it. Food was served on most flights over a few hours. Seats had leg room. You could actually cross your legs. In-flight entertainment was free. They had special in-cabin storage for garment bags. They had racks with a selection of magazines. There were ample rest rooms. Remember when the 747 came out and they had a bar upstairs you could visit in-flight? Over time this level of service has eroded (I should say - evaporated). Today you are jammed into tight seats, have to pay for checked bags (sometimes even carry-ons), don't get fed (or are charged for really poor quality food), have to pay if you want to reserve a seat, etc.

There are many other examples of service erosion that have left some of us oldsters fondly remembering days past. We'd just hate to see that happen to the cruise industry.

Yes, you can fly business class, you used to be able to pay more for full service gas, and you can cruise on a luxury line. However, I think in many cases the concern is, service levels that you used to be able to afford are no longer available or no longer affordable. Some of us see the beginnings of this in the cruise industry. So we complain when things like the Mast grill go from free to extra charge. Not because we can't afford to pay $10 for a burger if we want one, but because we see this as another step in chipping away the cruise experience we so much love. Will service erosion ever progress to the point where we are left with the choice between luxury lines we can't afford, or mainstream lines that we don't like? I hope not, but don't blame me for pointing out the signs along the way.

This is very well put.

Were these changes avoidable? I'm not sure. There has been a proliferation of cruises as a travel option over the last 10-20 years. To compete to bring people in to match that expanded supply, prices need to be controlled, hence less service. Same for flying. Back in the day when it was a big deal to fly, it was also more expensive (in real dollars), wasn't it?

- Joel

Back in the financial drop-dead 2009..I scooped a return flight to Ft.Lauderdale for $129 return from Winnipeg....looked around for a proper hotel..no way...found a RCCL cruise to fit my schedule..got back into cruising every year since..how to compare the quality and quantity of Celebrity (I quickly changed the next year!)..24 hour security and front office service...sure beats those 'ocean-side' hotels in FFL!!

Every year...I look forward to my 'holiday' with all the X staff.

We have cruised on just about every cruise line.....and in my opinion Celebrity is an excellent value, especially in the suites with Lumanie. One of the worst cruises we ever went on was Silversea....high $$$$$ and it was not worth the money.

I am POSITIVE that moving the Mast Grill to a for fee program, 6 days before I get on the Equinox, will force me to drink my negative thoughts on that with further alcohol from my beverage package! ;)

Cheers,

Andy

I like the way Celebrity has been raising the cruise fares. I like the way they're forcing people on the classic package to pay extra for drinks and canned soda that used to be on that package or pay to upgrade to the premium package to get brands that used to be included in classic.

I like the cut in crew at both bar/wait staff and cabin attendants. I like the hike in specialty restaurant charges plus the extra menu charges for premium cuts. I like the charge for Kobe beef at the Top Deck Burger Bar. I like the cheaper cuts of meat and lack of good seafood in the MDR and buffet.

I like the daily water in Aqua Class being reduced to welcoming bottle. There are more examples but they're too numerous to list all of them. I'm happy because the stock has soared since the first quarter numbers! Thank you Lisa for your contribution to RCL.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

You call this service erosion. If these same services were offered today, have you considered that the cost would be prohibitive? There is a very delicate balance between providing first rate services and affordability. Something has to give.

Our first cruise with Celebrity will be in November 2017 and even after reading these boards continuously (positive and negative remarks) I cannot wait to board and have the best 12 night cruise celebrating our 25th Anniversary and my husbands 65th birthday -:) we will enjoy ourselves 100% as our vacation is what we make it, not what everyone else's opinion is.

Congratulations on your anniversary and happy birthday to your husband. You will enjoy celebrity for sure!