Thank You For Listening.

Hawkstar33

Well it seems that maybe our voices have been heard. Too much negativity is not good for business. Thanks to whomever it was that made the decision to go back to the original menu at the Mast grill. As crazy as it seems, this was a major disaster averted. Maybe the camels back didn't break, but it is still bent. Please continue to hear the cries of us who want to continue to sail with you. This was a good start. We have a lot of good folks here with some great ideas, as well as, a few other pretty important complaints that should be checked out.

Out of the hundreds of thousands of passengers that cruise Celebrity every year, do you honestly think the very minor minority of people who post here are what made the difference?

The ship did a trial run. I suspect the reaction from the actual passengers, and passenger feedback, are what made a difference.

Also, I absolutely contend that the posters here are NOT representative of the total passenger population in so many ways and I am sure Celebrity knows that.

I said MAYBE. I honestly believe that more people view this site then you think. I also believe that it is in the cruise companies best interest, to have someone monitor this site. And I think they do. Unless you know better. Then correct me. I will offer congratulations to you on being the first to Contend, as you normally are. I will not swallow the bait this time though.

I said MAYBE. I honestly believe that more people view this site then you think. I also believe that it is in the cruise companies best interest, to have someone monitor this site. And I think they do. Unless you know better. Then correct me. I will offer congratulations to you on being the first to Contend, as you normally are. I will not swallow the bait this time though.

Great first post and even better response when challenged. Every forum has a "Fish Lover"

FishLover, I would disagree.

I would think that it would behoove X (and any business) to have its finger on the pulse of its customers. Social media has given a voice to "the people", whether it be CruiseCritic, Facebook, Twitter....or any of the other venue.

I would think that someone in marketing would have the job to monitor these boards. There is an official poster who shows up occasionally to answer questions. The amount of data mining that could be gleaned from these sites could provide them with valuable information as to what people are thinking, want....and it costs them virtually nothing.

I will hold up exhibit A......that they promote and participate in the Connections Parties. The good will that is gained by a few hours of their time is priceless!

A few years ago (on a HAL) cruise, I met the Cruise Director at the Meet & Mingle. He said some things that were a clear indication that he had read our Roll Call thread. He knew what people wanted from their vacation and he provided for those wishes. I was impressed and so were others. It demonstrated to me that he wanted to ensure we had a great time. You just can't "buy" that.

I think that monitoring Social Media is a good business move....and to take the comments to heart!

While at a connections party on the Summit, Captain Leo stated that not only does Corporate monitor this site but that he reads it regularly as well.

I've been on this board since its inception and this has happened enough in the past to be more than coincidence. Not frequent but it does happen

I wish Celebrity would start a focus group with real cruisers to test out their website. I am renowned as a tester - I can break anything! If they spent time seeing how people research cruises, using other websites, they'd have more insight into needed functionality and accessibility.

I've been on this board since its inception and this has happened enough in the past to be more than coincidence. Not frequent but it does happen

So true.

I am sure they were well informed as to how people felt when corporate at RCCL tried to jam Dynamic Dining down the throats of its passengers. Like the NEW COKE it flopped. Is now just a shadow of what it was supposed to be.

I wonder if LLP was in on that excellent idea back at RCCL.:rolleyes:

bosco

I am sure they were well informed as to how people felt when corporate at RCCL tried to jam Dynamic Dining down the throats of its passengers. Like the NEW COKE it flopped. Is now just a shadow of what it was supposed to be.

I wonder if LLP was in on that excellent idea back at RCCL.:rolleyes:

bosco

Two reasons Dynamic Dining didn't work.

1. Everyone wants to eat between 6-8 and the free restaurants are not big enough for a ship of 4,600 to all eat between 6-8. People that booked late found they could only get reservation times at 5:30 pm or 9 pm. 95% of the people do not want to eat at those times. This is of course when the RCCL web-site was working and you could make your reservations, otherwise you would have to call C&A and try to make reservations. Yes, once on the ship you could go to each restaurant and try to make earlier reservations but who wants to do all that work?

2. One of the free restaurants, Grande, had lobster tails on the menu. That restaurant had a line EVERY SINGLE night of our 12 night cruise. I can't even imagine how many lobster tails they were serving every evening (and they were good too). Whereas with traditional RCCL Menu you get lobster tail one evening and that's it.

I believe the food costs for Anthem were much higher than they anticipated with Dynamic Dining. Not that they were high, but higher than corporate would want, especially when they have to give cabins away during the winter months.

For us Dynamic Dining was fine because we booked early and were able to make 7:45 PM Dinner reservations for each evening at the restaurant we wanted.

I like dkretired have been on this site a long time and see "Celebrity Official" respond on topics. On a T/A a couple of years ago the Captain mentioned that reads he reads CC and thought the best thing was the clever nicknames the posters use .I think if enough voices are heard changes might be made.

J

Just to say if you aren't aware, there is a very useful function that allows you to hide posts from individuals. If you go to top right of the front page and click by your user name and under "User Control Panel" then "Edit Options" and down the left hand side "Edit Ignore List". If you add a user to that list you will no longer see their posts unless someone else who you aren't ignoring quotes them.

Phil

Cruise critic is highly regarded in the cruise industry the same as TA. Companies do monitor these sites on regular basis and do pick up the bad vibes . Social media is where it's at now

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Two reasons Dynamic Dining didn't work.

This is of course when the RCCL web-site was working and you could make your reservations, otherwise you would have to call C&A and try to make...... and try to make...... earlier reservations but who wants to do all that work?

2. One of the free restaurants, Grande, ( I BELIEVE THAT WAS A FORMAL EVERY NIGHT RESTAURANT ) had lobster tails on the menu. That restaurant had a line EVERY SINGLE night of our 12 night cruise.

Yes another NEW COKE. I remember RCCL stating that they had done research on this form of dining and designed the smaller, broken up different type of dining venues on the Quantum around this research???

NOT ONE PERSON ON CC EVER SAID THEY WERE IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM POLLED OR QUESTIONED DEALING WITH THIS NEW IDEA... WHO did they do research with? Granted CC members are not the only people out there, but don't you think one or two may have been part of research into such and expensive investment in ship design alone?

From day one of its inception it was confusing to say the least. We booked a cruise on the Quantum (the first one in the USA.), while on board another RCCL cruise. The cruise planer wasn't really sure about what DD was since the ship wasn't even finished. As he understood it and explained it to us it was similar to NCL, in that no reservations were needed and there were several new dining venues.

When it was finally explained and people realized they had to plan months in advance to schedule meals in so many various venues and having to choose between, up until then untried restaurants, some of which were complimentary and others for a fee he problems started. Compound this scheduling nightmare by attempting to make reservations at the shows. To us it seemed like Franz Kafka designed the entire program.

Looking back on CC you can read hundreds of posts both pro and con and see how many people just cancelled, as we did, rather than try, which we did, to organize our plans months in advance, all the while the RCCL reservation system was a total mess. It was especially difficult for several parties to secure reservations as a group seating.

bosco

Thank you to Cruise Critic for providing the forum..

Thanks to all who posted their opposition with rational thoughts...

Thanks to OP Hawkstar for reminding us someone must be listening

......and thanks to Celebrity for reversing this plan...with the loss of B on 5 we do get lunches at the grill...esp while enjoying a pool day!

If they fix the website we would be able to browse and book another cruise!

Well it seems that maybe our voices have been heard. Too much negativity is not good for business. Thanks to whomever it was that made the decision to go back to the original menu at the Mast grill. As crazy as it seems, this was a major disaster averted. Maybe the camels back didn't break, but it is still bent. Please continue to hear the cries of us who want to continue to sail with you. This was a good start. We have a lot of good folks here with some great ideas, as well as, a few other pretty important complaints that should be checked out.

I agree that the voices of Cruise Critic were heard by Celebrity. I'm sure Celebrity also heard from non CC members. I believe earlier in the year when Celebrity change the time to vacate our staterooms from 8:AM to 7:AM Celebrity also listened to the voices of CC members (and others) and axed the time change. Nothing wrong with a little organized protest. United we stand divided we fall.

Just to say if you aren't aware, there is a very useful function that allows you to hide posts from individuals. If you go to top right of the front page and click by your user name and under "User Control Panel" then "Edit Options" and down the left hand side "Edit Ignore List". If you add a user to that list you will no longer see their posts unless someone else who you aren't ignoring quotes them.

Phil

I would never "86" Fish Lover. Their posts are entertaining and offer interesting reading. As long as you don't take the bait, take it personally or seriously you can often get advice on inconsequential matters that you can then ignore.

One thing I really like about the Corp gurus at RCCL: they are not afraid to say "well that didn't work" and take a step back.

Evolution = trial and error, with the understanding that for every good idea there are 5 or more bad ones. One of they keys to successful growth is letting bad ideas die quickly, without discouraging new ideas in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah greasy wheels always get the cheese. Blah blah. Few people do not represent the masses that sail with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums