Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

For some reason the new site doesn't like it if you use the numbers at the right side of the keyboard. You have to use the numbers on the top row of your keyboard. I tried entering numbers and it wouldn't take until I used the ones above the alphabet letters. I've given up using the new site and set my browser to not check for new versions of the website, deleted the cookies and cache and use the link to the old site I posted below. I can also still get the old site on Firefox (at least the last time I tried last week).

Actually, I used the numbers on the top row of the keyboard, so that wasn't the issue.

Actually, I used the numbers on the top row of the keyboard, so that wasn't the issue.

Sorry, It was worth a try. My only other suggestion is try the link below to the old site. If that doesn't work you could do what I do and scream in the shower[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I just logged onto My Reservation to book a shore excursion for a Caribbean cruise we are taking this fall. I was going to use some OBC to pay for it. When I got to the payment page, I spent several very frustrating minutes with the page not processing the "apply credit" button. Finally, I realized not only do you have to hit a little toggle box to signal that you want to use OBC, but you then have to use a slider to show how much of the OBC you want to use. Okay, fine, there could have been helpful instructions, but I got past THAT page, to the "contact" information page. That page would not accept my phone number. I entered it a zillion times. Nothing.

Thanks for sharing this. I was trying to make a specialty dining reservation and got stuck at this point. They really need to put instructions for the slider.

GET OVER IT.

The new Celebrity site is everything anybody should ever want.

Moving forward, maybe "old school",

could move forward......ha ha ha.

Doubt IT........

SERIOUSLY?:rolleyes:

I like to check cabin prices on cruises I've already booked on a regular basis. We've saved $1,000s by doing that. The new site will not show rates if I'm logged in unless I click book now, then I have to start completely over after I check each cruise because the loop kicks me back to the beginning. Saving to favorites won't show rates at all. EEK!!!:eek: By being logged in, I used to be able to see senior, resident and loyalty rates. This is very frustrating. Rates that show when I'm not logged in include perks and are higher.

It is obvious that the "new and improved" website is the "genius" of the marketing department. IF one can get past all of the marketing on the front page to actually accomplish what they went there for in the first place I say congratulations! Celebrity should be ashamed of themselves. This is just another monumental failure on their part.

Sorry, Celebrity, but you have been promising a fully functional website for years! I can only hope that I will still be around by the time you actually provide one.

For some reason the new site doesn't like it if you use the numbers at the right side of the keyboard. You have to use the numbers on the top row of your keyboard. I tried entering numbers and it wouldn't take until I used the ones above the alphabet letters. I've given up using the new site and set my browser to not check for new versions of the website, deleted the cookies and cache and use the link to the old site I posted below. I can also still get the old site on Firefox (at least the last time I tried last week).

The keyboard has nothing to do with the new site. Did you hit the Num Lock key on the numerical key pad?

We just got off the Reflection on Monday. While on board, our daughters sent us some chocolates as an anniversary gift. My daughter mentioned to me yesterday how hard it was to do this on Celebrity's site. She noted that not only was it incredibly hard to find the place on the site to do this, when she did, there was practically no information on what types of gifts might be available. She finally called Celebrity to complete the purchase. When the rep asked her what she wanted to send, she told the woman that there wasn't really any way to see all the options on the website. While helping her make the purchase, the rep did say that they were in the process of re-doing their site - whatever that might mean.

I can't even log in to look at my bookings today. The site accepts username and passport but then asks if I have a captains club number as if signing up for the first time. fail!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The keyboard has nothing to do with the new site. Did you hit the Num Lock key on the numerical key pad?

It's not that, I tried with and without the num lock key, and only when using the numbers on the top row of the keyboard did I get it to accept the numbers. The whole site is 10 steps back from the old site. The only thing better is the graphic design, and I don't log on to look at pictures. I can't check rates on cruises I have already booked if I'm logged in. VERY ANNOYING!!!:mad:

I want to book a cruise for this Fall, but judging from these posts, I'm going to wait a while. Hopefully by next month things will be better.

Do it today on a TA site. There are special sale rates and extra perk offers that expire today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I made my final payment on the new site recently. After I paid, I realized that I had been overcharged. I called Celebrity and the rep agreed, and said that I would get a refund for the overcharge. She offered no explanation as to why this happened, and didn't seem at all surprised, which makes me think that this must be happening a lot.

I've been trying to make dinner reservations for our select dining. I am beyond frustrated. Every time I reserve a certain night, it deletes the other nights that I have reserved. This used to be so easy to do. I give up. I'm calling Celebrity and asking them to make the reservations.

We also were overcharged. So we had to call Celebrity to correct the charges. The site is counterproductive and should be put back to its original l format until it is working correctly. It actually is creating more work and frustration for all using it.

I actually paid by telephone...no hassles at all. It is automated but very easy. After hearing all about the website trials and tribulations, I decided to initially call my PVP but when given the option to pay by phone - I took it.

I think I'll reserve my dining in the specialty restaurants on board.

I went to do a mock booking today and on the page to see if you qualify for more discounts there were no Canadian provinces listed on the drop down. I also had no ability to switch back and forth between US and Canada on the first page. It's all US as that's our IP address at work. PITA

Original poster here. To date, I still cannot access shore excursions effectively for my cruise. And, even better, on the 11/26/17 14-night Eclipse, it returns "no cabins within this refinement." Just awesome. So you literally cannot purchase or price this cruise on their site. Not sure about any others. Good thing there are travel agents out there to sell their cabins for them.

We are Elite and Elite Plus next cruise, but I have to say my patience with Celebrity is fading. Meanwhile, the Royal Caribbean site is actually amazing. It makes no sense at all!

I posted earlier that when I made dining reservations, the ones that I made previously would disappear. I called Captains Club, who acknowledged the website issues and were happy to help make the rest of the reservations . They sent me an email confirmation and, low and behold, the ones that I was able to reserve online have now disappeared. I'm done....

So sorry for your frustration.

We got in under the wire with online pre- paid dining res and excursions for our next cruise.

We hope they all stay put in the computer record because going through all that again would drive us over the Edge...

I tried that. When I pulled up the page, there was a message that said "This page no longer exists."

I just tried it using the link I posted on IE. I cleared cookies and cache and set the browser on don't automatically check for new versions of the page. I then clicked the link and bookmarked it. I just did a mock booking all the way to the payment page. Try it. Good luck. (Or you could try it with a TA.)