Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

I just tried to book an excursion with the 20% discount, our trip is listed as being applicable. The entire website is down. I guess this shouldn't surprise me. What are the odds that they have it fixed before the sale ends Sunday night.

Sadly, it is up to 20% :(

One of the excursions we were looking at was on sale and was discounted less than three dollars. Big deal.

After fighting with the website since I received the email about the sale on Friday, I made a few calls to celebrity. A few of the people I have talked to there have been quite helpful but others make me feel like I'm a huge bother. I'm really getting tired of receiving incorrect information and a website that doesn't work and then when I get upset, I'm the problem.

I don't understand all the complaints, I have no problems with the new site. Logged on today selected the cruise I wanted access to, booked excursions and dining package, applied OBC. Paid for the balance with credit card and it all went as smooth as possible. I regularly clean cookies and cache use Chrome and never have a problem. Only problem I had was when I logged on late and they were doing maintenance at 1AM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Well then, blessed be :halo:

Try doing it on the old site. If you're in the US this link should work, it does for me. First clear your cookies and cache. I used it on IE. http://www.celebritycruises.com/?celebrityWR=oldsite

I really appreciate this link to the old site.

My biggest problem with the new site is the inability to search for cruises by ship. It used to be available under the advanced search. Three is no more advanced search. If you want to check sailings on a particular ship, you have to wade through the hundreds of sailings listed for all the other Celebrity ships. It never occurred to the website designers that passengers might actually want to choose a particular ship they want to sail on. Frustrating.

As already mentioned by many...in addition to all the technical problems, it reflects a glaring lack of knowledge of what online cruise bookers/searchers look for... like search by ship, easy to read itins and so many other items...pretty photos and graphics may be nice, but so much more is needed !

Totally agree with others that the inability to search by ship is a flaw. Also the lack of any information, in My Reservations, about the perks you have. (No ability to see your full invoice with your amenities.) Both features were on the old site. This one has gone backwards, which is sad and foolish.

And in case anyone from Celebrity is reading: one other flaw: if you log out of Cruise Planner, you are logged out of the web site entirely. Silly, and again not something that happened on the old site.

Also: when I'm in Cruise Planner, if I view Shore Excursions, the top horizontal menu no longer works for me to view Dining, or my Calendar (or probably any of the other horizontal menu options, I haven't tried the rest).

What a mess, and shame on Celebrity for launching this web site before it was ready.

I just tried the new website to see if I can sort by ship. Yes, you can sort by ship.

When you click on "Find a Cruise", the screen that pops up shows dates, destinations, and departure cities. Don't click on any of these. Instead, just click on the Red Box "Find Cruise".

The next screen that pops up currently has 350 itineraries. Now, to the far right is a "Sort by" drop down. There you can sort by ship.

Give it a try.

I have none of the problems with the travel website of my big box warehouse club. I can search for cruises across most all cruise lines by dates, destination, departure port, by ship, by number of days, and even book shore excursions. No fancy pictures, just the info I'm looking for. Now why can't the whiz kids at Celebrity figure it out?

You don't have to be a member to test drive it, but you do to book.

I am trying to check in for my cruise next month, and I can't even log into my account. Well, I can log in I guess as it does show my name, but I can't find my cruise, so I can neither check in nor take advantage of the 20% discount they are offering on this & that. What a mess this site is. They should be embarrassed!

I am trying to check in for my cruise next month, and I can't even log into my account. Well, I can log in I guess as it does show my name, but I can't find my cruise, so I can neither check in nor take advantage of the 20% discount they are offering on this & that. What a mess this site is. They should be embarrassed!

phone to take advantage of the 20% - it doesn't have to be done online

phone to take advantage of the 20% - it doesn't have to be done online

Actually, by following a link in an email I got regarding the 20%, it appears I can book excursions, etc. But it still doesn't seem to connect me to my booking to check in. Not a big deal, as I have plenty of time, but rather annoying as I just wanted to get it done. Oh well, first world problems :cool:

When I click 'Find a Cruise'. Pick the location. Then see what cabins are available - the cabin numbers are about 50 times larger than they need to be. They go over the top of each other making it hard to read. But as someone mentioned before, I can go to Big Box and see the available cabins just fine. Anyone else having the gigantic cabin number issue?

And, once you get all the sailings for your particular ship, you can reduce the list by selecting departure cities and dates too.

Actually, pretty easy to find stuff.

Uh sorry..it used to be much easier...now it's a scavenger hunt!

I really appreciate this link to the old site.

My biggest problem with the new site is the inability to search for cruises by ship. It used to be available under the advanced search. Three is no more advanced search. If you want to check sailings on a particular ship, you have to wade through the hundreds of sailings listed for all the other Celebrity ships. It never occurred to the website designers that passengers might actually want to choose a particular ship they want to sail on. Frustrating.

This may work to look at what cruises are available, but you can't log into your account - or at least I could not. Bummer. Spent over an hour today on the phone with Celebrity trying to just see what was on sale.

Well, I was able to get checked in finally. I had absolutely no luck using my MAC, but I was able to get it done on my husband's PC. For whatever reason, when the website comes up on his PC it has the CHECK IN option at the top of the page. On the MAC, it is nowhere to be found, and logging in wouldn't get me there. I sure hope I don't have any reason to go back to the website before I cruise :p

My biggest problem with the new site is the inability to search for cruises by ship.

I agree the website is terrible but you can search by ship. Put in your initial parameters on the main search screen, when you get to the next screen, look on the right side if the screen for 3 or 4 itty bitty straight lines and the word "refine." Click that and you get a horizontal menu across the top and "ship" is a choice.

Here's an update. After 3 phone calls today and 4 emails I finally succeeded in buying some shore excursions with the help of a very patient and kind and persistent Captains Club rep who was able to completely circumvent the travesty they call a website. If anyone's interested, I can now recite the Modern Luxury recording verbatim.;p

Hello luvcrusin, Just to let you know who I am, I am the lady who has now made 8 phone calls about problems with the Nov 26 2017 Eclipse sailing info on the new site.So I too can recite verbatim the Modern Luxury recording. OMG:loudcry: they have struck more than a nerve with me.

luvstosail

Boston Ma.

Well, I was able to get checked in finally. I had absolutely no luck using my MAC, but I was able to get it done on my husband's PC. For whatever reason, when the website comes up on his PC it has the CHECK IN option at the top of the page. On the MAC, it is nowhere to be found, and logging in wouldn't get me there. I sure hope I don't have any reason to go back to the website before I cruise :p

I recently checked in for an August cruise. Have since gone back in, booked an excursion. Another time I applied OBC against a drink's pkg upgrade. Today booked another excursion (not one eligible for the 20%, oh well). Relevant stuff shows in the calendar. Mostly done on my iMac, some on my iPad. My only real issue is that many of the options under Gifts are no longer there. And I agree with others that I would like more info on what perks I had, what I have bought, etc.

Stan

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello luvcrusin, Just to let you know who I am, I am the lady who has now made 8 phone calls about problems with the Nov 26 2017 Eclipse sailing info on the new site.So I too can recite verbatim the Modern Luxury recording. OMG:loudcry: they have struck more than a nerve with me.

luvstosail

Boston Ma.

Maybe it's the end of Nov. thing, we're sailing on Nov. 27, 2017 Reflection. I am more than frustrated with the new site. I've been watching the cruise before and after for a possible B2B. When I put in the Nov/Dec parameter, then refine to Reflection, even the IT department couldn't find the cruise after mine. I had to show them that there is a tiny pale blue change date. When you click it, the date of the cruise before mine becomes large, but shows up in the box of the next cruise. Then there's a little Nov with an arrow. Then you click on the arrow and Dec appears. The Dec date of the cruise after ours shows up in the box showing another cruise. You click that, and can then see the rates for the cruise after ours. The IT person I showed that to said that clearly it needs to be fixed since it is almost impossible to find and very confusing. If I hadn't known that cruise existed from searching it on the old site I (and she) would have missed it entirely. The old site used to have a drop down box for any ship that sailed the same itinerary on multiple dates. You used to click the drop down, select the date and there were the rates. She admitted that they needed to put the change date in the box of the cruise it concerned instead of the one below it.

I am in the process of waiting for my renewed passport and am dreading entering the new info on the new site. Also, I'm waiting to see what they are doing with this travesty they call a website before booking any more cruises with X. Generally I search for cruises on X site, then call and book with my TA, but the search process on the new site is really fraught with so many errors and glitches. Once you look at a cruise and then try to go back, you have to start over and it freezes. It's also a pain to price check the cruises already booked. I got an email from X this past week "your vacation starts here", with a Sea of Savings event and a button to click on to "Learn more." I clicked and it took me to "This Page No Longer Exists." CelebrityOneTouch had no answer to that one except to say "that's a problem!"