Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

I was able to book all my shore excursions today without issue for my Baltic cruise. I was even able to apply my OBC towards them. I must admit, if someone had not told me to click the "apply credit" button

and then use the little bar to say how much OBC you wanted to use, I would have found it confusing. This is the first time I have used the new site without issues.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Based on the new problems, we will wait to book anything more for dining or excursions,...it has to get better. Does anyone know when Celeb hopes to have it fixed or restored to old set up !

I don't think it will go back to the old format. They have spent to much money to do that. Last rumor I heard was they will have the new site "fixed" by the end of June. Time will tell. Hcat, if you are Captains Club, have them make your reservations for you.

Based on the new problems, we will wait to book anything more for dining or excursions,...it has to get better. Does anyone know when Celeb hopes to have it fixed or restored to old set up !

I actually spoke to someone from IT last week. I demonstrated to them the problems I was having with the site : difficulty doing itinerary searches without going in a loop, signing in requiring 4 steps to get to where I did with a simple sign in, finding how to access itineraries for the same ship on multiple dates (they didn't know that was a problem). I was told by the end of June. I was also told that they do monitor CC and although they ignore general criticism, they are trying to address specific issues that are raised. So it would probably help if folks are having issues, to be specific about them when posting here. They are not going to restore the old site. I was told that access to it would end this month.

I went into my account to look at excursions and when done looking at one hit the back button it logs me out and then it tells me i have to wait 20 minutes to log back in. Frustrating

The cust service rep gave me a work around that works - go in through the check in link - hit exit reservations and you are brought to a booking excursions and onboard stuff that works. I can't get to anything via log in. Also, there is a bug if you want to book some passengers from.a primary reservation on an excursion and some of the passengers on linked reservations. Website forces you to checkbox all passengers on primary reservation.

I asked celebrity if they would honor pre sailing prices if I finished booking stuff on ship since it's such a pain. They won't. I can't believe celebrity didn't suspend price deltas on beverage and dining packages while this rats nest was addressed. I will call and wait 30 min and do all on phone.

I just used the "old website" link that someone posted and was able to at least add the passport etc info. Not only is the "new" website screwed up. My final pmt "Guest copy" sent from X to my TA shows the wrong sailing date, day earlier, on the top "departure date", luckily I always save all info on a cruise until we get home again. .

I just used the "old website" link that someone posted and was able to at least add the passport etc info. .
I am still using the "old website" too, and hope to keep using it as long as it is still available.

Even with all its problems, it is still better than the extremely frustrating "new" site.

Try doing it on the old site. If you're in the US this link should work, it does for me. First clear your cookies and cache. I used it on IE. http://www.celebritycruises.com/?celebrityWR=oldsite

Thank you for the link,

While I am not as irate as some of the forum members with the new site, I am much more used to dealing with the old site and it was refreshing to be able to navigate the website like I am used to. I will be sorry to see it go at the end of the month.

I spoke to a Captains Club rep today about a reservation. At the end of the call I asked if she wanted some comments about the new website. She said yes as they are still rolling it out and fixing things. I mentioned there was no longer any way to see payment details for a full breakdown of the cruise costs, obc, packages, etc.; no subcategories like C1, C2, or C3 (she was aware of this and had requested it herself) and the ship deck plans while still in color, the color key is gone so no way to figure out cabin categories there either. I didn't go into the many other problems but she seemed very receptive to comments and would pass these along to IT.

No issues until today...

Cannot check out beverage/dining options for upcoming TA although shorexes and spa treatments can be viewed. When I click to exit planner I am logged out.

Same thing on our 10/9 Reflection cruise- exit planner and logged out.

Can't explore options when one can't!!

Well, I was going to stay out of this discussion because what more can be said about the Celebrity website? I would not normally interact with it because I like to keep my blood pressure down. But I have a cruise coming up on which I have a ton of nonrefundable OBC, so I thought I would look at the excursions. Lots of beautiful pictures, I'll give them that. But apparently you can only look at a few tours and then it throws you out and locks you out of your account. So much for that bright idea. Guess I won't be doing any Celebrity excursions.

Happy Cruiser, don't you have to interact with it just to get your XPress pass? I was finally able to book excursions and use OBC's for our Baltic cruise. It does seem they haven't fixed the issue of being locked out of your reservation once you exit the cruise planner[emoji17]

Well, I was going to stay out of this discussion because what more can be said about the Celebrity website? I would not normally interact with it because I like to keep my blood pressure down. But I have a cruise coming up on which I have a ton of nonrefundable OBC, so I thought I would look at the excursions. Lots of beautiful pictures, I'll give them that. But apparently you can only look at a few tours and then it throws you out and locks you out of your account. So much for that bright idea. Guess I won't be doing any Celebrity excursions.

Same here, except instead of using my OBC, I'm actually trying to give them my money, attempting to buy 10 night dining package, & I"m locked out of my account. :') I've been attempting this since 5 am west coast time, & I'm beyond frustrated. According to the website, I'm locked out for my own protection lol, I was only able to login once, & was locked out as soon as I tried to view the available packages, waited 20 minutes like they suggested, cleared cookies, but can't get back in. Why oh why can't they ever get their reservation system to work seamlessly ?

We sail in about 3 weeks. I'd been trying to order luggage tags but kept getting the message that my documents are not ready yet. I gave up and decided to just call the Captain's Club for help. I just missed them for the day, but their recording advised me of good news - I could just use their Award Winning Website!

For real? :confused:

The woman from Captain's Club assured me that my docs have been available since May 6th and she had no idea why I wasn't seeing them on the website.

Award Winning my a**. How can they keep stating that in good conscience? Do you get awards just for putting pretty pictures on the splash page? It's the worst! Much less intuitive than it was previously.

My cruise for November, booked since Jan 2016 now shows as on hold! What is with these people?!! I try to look at any cruise enhancement, shore excursions, dining, etc., the site totally locks and becomes non--responsive. I shut it down then I'm locked out. I got an email from Celebrity Tuesday advertising new cruises.I clicked the button in the email for more information and it took me a page that no longer exists!!!! WHAT THE $@$,×£#^$)@*

Same here, except instead of using my OBC, I'm actually trying to give them my money, attempting to buy 10 night dining package, & I"m locked out of my account. :') I've been attempting this since 5 am west coast time, & I'm beyond frustrated. According to the website, I'm locked out for my own protection lol, I was only able to login once, & was locked out as soon as I tried to view the available packages, waited 20 minutes like they suggested, cleared cookies, but can't get back in. Why oh why can't they ever get their reservation system to work seamlessly ?

Yes, I did love that part about how I was locked out for my own protection. Really?

And to think we thought the old website was awful [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I was finally able to buy the dining package (on sale, 20% off) by using the link to the old website :') I guess this is a case of be careful what you wish for ;)

Happy Cruiser, don't you have to interact with it just to get your XPress pass? I was finally able to book excursions and use OBC's for our Baltic cruise. It does seem they haven't fixed the issue of being locked out of your reservation once you exit the cruise planner[emoji17]

Haven't tried the Xpress pass yet, cruise isn't until October. I've generally been able to print that. I got locked out while still in the cruise planner.

I just had Captains Club cancel previous dining reservation and rebook to take advantage of 20% sale price. In the email confirmation there are links to view reservations - but every link is to a discontinued page. In addition to the website problems, someone needs to look at formats for their responding emails so they refer you to a valid page.

The Captains Club rep I talked to said they are crazy busy, because instead of being able to book things directly everyone is calling them.

What is the 20% discount? I am so afraid to change anything..with all that is going on with the collapsing website. We actually just signed up for a non ships tour to avoid it.

As the Celeb EDGE PR said..put the future behind you...means calling it in like the old days !

Yes, I did love that part about how I was locked out for my own protection. Really?

Yes, because you never know when some rogue person will try to hack their way into your reservation buy a dining package right? ;)

Was finally able to make it work by using the old website

Good luck, Linda :) & enjoy your cruise

I was able to book all my shore excursions today without issue for my Baltic cruise. I was even able to apply my OBC towards them. I must admit, if someone had not told me to click the "apply credit" button

and then use the little bar to say how much OBC you wanted to use, I would have found it confusing. This is the first time I have used the new site without issues.

I clicked on "apply credit" for dining option, but site still won't apply the credit..LOL. Asked for all my Visa info, which I gave thinking it was required to 'apply credit', but instead my Visa account was charged! Kind of backward system. Tried for shore excursions,still won't apply credit. BTW, I'm still on old site, but when trying for the 20% discount dining I'm linked immediately to the new site (I think...it looks different). So probably that's why the 'apply credit' won't work.

I give!