Explore 4 package

Wineojim

For what it's worth, on the Travel Agent booking site, when you choose the Explore 4 fare, it prompts a disclaimer that you MUST click/acknowledge before proceeding, and it says:

"Signature Beverage Package: Has a daily limit of 15 beverages - Excludes beverages priced over $9.00, and purchases made in Signature shops, In Room Dining, or beverages on Half Moon Cay. Is not transferable or refundable."

Gee, surprise, conflicting sources of information from HAL. :rolleyes:

"Signature Beverage Package: Has a daily limit of 15 beverages - Excludes beverages priced over $9.00, and purchases made in Signature shops, In Room Dining, or beverages on Half Moon Cay. Is not transferable or refundable."

Bolding is mine. This is exactly what our booking documentation says for the X4 package that we have with our upcoming Eurodam sailing (15 beverage limit, not 11).

Out of curiosity, what is your best guess as to the percentage of available, on-menu drinks that are covered by the Signature Package?

Maybe 70-75%, but that's just a wild guess. Others probably have a different opinion on this..

The price of a cruse I've been watching (seven day caribbean) now includes the $xplore4. The price increased by about about the price of the separately priced included items. I simply don't understand how some consider this a great deal worth looking forward too.

The price of a cruse I've been watching (seven day caribbean) now includes the $xplore4. The price increased by about about the price of the separately priced included items. I simply don't understand how some consider this a great deal worth looking forward too.

The reason is simple - most people do not do their homework on price/value, and all they see the the word FREE. Personally, I do not book with Explore4, as we do not consume as much liquids so as for it to pay for us.

Its pretty simple, some cruises the increase in cost for Explore4 is significantly less than the cost of the SBP. It cost me less than $AUD600 to get Explore4for my upcoming 20 day cruise - its a bargain (for me) as my last 21 day bar bill was $AUD1800 (yes I like a few beers).

Last Explore 4 definitely had pre-paid gratuities and the drink package. I was hoping it might this year as well. I never drank enough to make it worth paying for but I really did like the mental freedom to let myself put one down if I didn't like it and get something else.

We have the gratuities and a lot of OBC from other promotions. We will keep what we have

I am about to go on a cruise purchased with the 2017 Explore4 and it does not include pre-paid gratuities.

I don't recall Explore4 ever having pre-paid gratuities.

Emails indicate in 2016 Suite bookings got $200 internet credit and prepaid gratuities. That is the only reference I have seen to prepaid gratuities in the promotion literature going back to 2013.

Emails indicate in 2016 Suite bookings got $200 internet credit and prepaid gratuities. That is the only reference I have seen to prepaid gratuities in the promotion literature going back to 2013.

Ahh. Thank you. And congratulations on your catalogue of information!

Ahh. Thank you. And congratulations on your catalogue of information!

Yeah I too was like "prepaid grats with Explore4??" So went hunting. Ready Set Sail I think is the promotion that utilizes that particular enticement to get us to part with our $ $ :D

Here's my take on Explore 4, the shorter cruises it doesn't seem to make sense to purchase, not enough days to offset the increase in fare. After doing some math and talking to HAL F&B folks I've decided to go with Explore 4. Our 21 day cruise even with having to pay gratuities now and the increase in fare, we downgraded cabin category since we don't spend much time in the cabin, the result of buying the SBP would be having to spend appox. $103/day on drinks vs $84/day with Explore 4. I got the info from F&B regarding beer, wine and cocktail prices and between myself and wife we can cover the $84/day no problem. Cost for SPB for 21 days alone would be $2170.98 vs Explore 4 cost of $1767 (Fare increase+ Gratuities) and we get a dinner at Pinnacle Grill on the house.

Our 26-day cruise next year goes up over $1,000 pp. with the Explore4, so I think we will stay as we are. I might mention it to our PCC, as a few years ago we had a cruise booked and our old TA got the Explore4 added with only the loss of a $50 OBC - I don't know how she did it! (And that was on a 42-day cruise.)

We were booked over a year in advance so that makes sense. It was a great promo. The internet, PG dinner, free drinks, PPG

It's nice that the HAL site finally lets you price with and without Explore 4. We're looking at a 10 Day Holiday cruise. The difference is $460pp for a veranda and $610pp for a suite. Since you get $200 per suite in OBC, Explore 4 carries a $50 pp in a suite.

The exact numbers on our 10 day would mean getting the drink package and Pinnacle grill for about half the regular purchase price.

I am guessing (as a HAL newbie) about 100.00 per day to buy the drink package in advance, and 80. for Pinnacle Grill.

Half price might not be bad, if we decide we do want the drink package.

It includes water, coffees, juice, etc.. right.

Are the regular drinks with their standard alcohols okay???

This might not be helping us out much if we felt we needed to upgrade to the Elite Package.

Our 26-day cruise next year goes up over $1,000 pp. with the Explore4, so I think we will stay as we are. I might mention it to our PCC, as a few years ago we had a cruise booked and our old TA got the Explore4 added with only the loss of a $50 OBC - I don't know how she did it! (And that was on a 42-day cruise.)

I would love to know the results from that, if that's okay.

The exact numbers on our 10 day would mean getting the drink package and Pinnacle grill for about half the regular purchase price.

I am guessing (as a HAL newbie) about 100.00 per day to buy the drink package in advance, and 80. for Pinnacle Grill.

Half price might not be bad, if we decide we do want the drink package.

It includes water, coffees, juice, etc.. right.

Are the regular drinks with their standard alcohols okay???

This might not be helping us out much if we felt we needed to upgrade to the Elite Package.

It includes water, coffees, soda/pop, mocktails, juices, alcoholic beverages, etc. The drink just needs to be $9 or less (the gratuity is included in the Explore4 so you need not worry about the 15% on top of the price.)

It's nice that the HAL site finally lets you price with and without Explore 4.

I didn't realize that was an option....

I thought we'd have to book when the promotion was over.....nice to know....!!!

Thanks.....:)