Live from the Bliss - TA 4/21/18

CoffeeGoddess

Maybe a dumb questions, but can you in Q only sit at the bar and drink something and listen the music? Or go people there in in the evening without eating? Thought you have to order and pay for food there and it is like a must do there.
You can go in and get a drink at the bar anytime but they won't serve food at the bar. After 9 when the entertainment starts then you can sit at a table and just order a drink. The bartender said the kitchen closes then too so you can't order after 9.

Sent from outerspace

coffeegoddess....are you still 6 hours ahead of your last posting time(3:34pm)??
Ship's time hasn't changed yet from Southampton. I'm guessing they'll have is change tomorrow night since we'll be in port. So I can't really tell actual time right now.

Sent from outerspace

Hi CG, thanks for documenting your journey! Looks wonderful so far. I saw that you mentioned earlier that you were looking into some info about the Vibe Beach Club. Any chance that you could answer a couple questions regarding Vibe? First off, where do we go to purchase Vibe passes? And second, are the cabana areas in Vibe reserved or for anyone to use? Thanks much!

Spa Balcony 15258. It was exactly the same as the regular balcony except it had the upgraded toiletries. So if you can't get one for less then a regular with spa passes then you just

Sent from outerspace

That’s good to know

I slept in and headed straight to the spa today. Looks like everyone and their brother did, too.

The spa really needs some towel/robe hooks around the pool, it would probably free up some chairs. Tip: if you forgot a hair tie, they have one in the shower cap package.

There's only one thing I'm not fond of in this spa: the slamming doors.

During my treatment yesterday the door to the spa at the front desk and the door to access the thermal suite itself kept slamming. While the locker rooms and treatment rooms have a soft close, these are heavy glass bastards and once you let go they are closing hard. I hope they come up with a fix for those.

Sent from outerspace

After seeing some truly random carpet choices on NCL ships, I’m loving the colour & design of the carpet in the staterooms.

I do like a mini suite for the extra bathroom space as well, it has to be said.

I had one for the Escape inaugural Cruise from Hamburg.

And a great thumbs up to NCL for empty room cabin crawling, excellent marketing tool!

Seems like you are enjoying all the cocktails too CG!!! [emoji41][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Possible amendment to Q. The bartender didn't say anything about the bar not being open before 9, but while looking at the daily I saw it said it opened at 9. I'll have to ask when I make my way down there for food during the cruise.

Sent from outerspace

And a great thumbs up to NCL for empty room cabin crawling, excellent marketing tool!

Seems like you are enjoying all the cocktails too CG!!! [emoji41][emoji6]

It was really good move by management to open up the empty rooms.

I am certainly getting my drink on. Although that's proving to be a bit difficult in the Local. Someone finally took my order but didn't ask about drinks.

Before I hit send the drink runner came along do cocktail on the way.

Sent from outerspace

Here's a picture of the door to the thermal suite. You have to turn the handle and pull to enter which really isn't good for people with bad wrists or diminished strength. With the door being so heavy it just makes it worse.

21bbaad2e0530492bfec2daf42967cf2.jpg

Sent from outerspace

So the Observation Lounge bar menu is the same as the Skyline Bar I posted above. However, since I forgot to post the wines, here it is. Along with what they have for lunch.

I have to say people have found this place and it's pretty full.

Thank you so much for this! Usually, the Robert Mondavi Wine Bar has a more expansive wine menu :wine-glass: Escape had ~50 wines by the glass and Dawn had 39 by the glass. Could you please check and take a picture if it does?

I think someone asked about vibe? They were selling passes at Guest Services and I asked if they were selling the cabanas or if they were open and the guy said they were only selling general passes at this time. So no actual yes or no on that one.

Actually, after I finish my drink in Maltings I think I'll wander up there and see if I can get pictures since it isn't horribly cold today.

Sent from outerspace

Okay the bar outside the Vibe was open but no one was there. However when I shouted helllooo! They came out. I asked about the cabanas and he said they were gping to be extra but couldn't tell me how much. He did let me go in and take pictures of them. The other Vibe employees also confirmed they would be extra but couldn't tell me the cost. They said to ask at guest services and I told them they couldn't tell me either. I'm betting it's worked out before the PC cruise.

There is an elevator that goes up to that floor, and the entire front of the ship is blocked off for Haven.

22c248368b6e71800d7940c98e02d7f9.jpg4927f0f1d33845fcd3c746bd91215de8.jpge152dea85267f21af5279b3f2374ede4.jpg6aa5c3e6d2e2fa0885d705bd5e5166d3.jpgd9c4cc2b7f209a38eb6de5662ef7917d.jpg77ba404c9da8823b1a49afb752eb0dc8.jpg

Sent from outerspace

So while I was up there I walked over to the Laser Tag area. That does not appear to have any lift access, only stairs.

65ad1a5930b2efd5070c953ef346299e.jpg

c515d7ba3ff83cf1babcfb8245db1bfc.jpg

There is a seating area on 19 that faces the back that looked like it would be a nice area to relax. As I was walking back from the tag area there were some employees starting to stack the chairs up.

0e33d81af536ca23b6b944d6a8fda027.jpg

3deacc120813238ebcab468ac6b809ac.jpg

Oh, the outside area of the Haven resturant looks nice

3c1024e9196fa99077c73cb68d9c597a.jpg

Sent from outerspace

Stopped into The Cellars for a glass of wine before meeting Sue, Doug, and Scott for dinner at Ocean Blue.

The sommelier suggested the Gran Araucaria Sauvignon Blanc which was a good choice.

4ccc4ed38f9617acffa92e1e6fefd900.jpg

And here's the menu, although they do have the tablet ordering on the tables.

3a07cb0630158c686d43e94406f6c1bb.jpg

2413db22bbea8ba5a0ccfc27a30470c0.jpg

7965c10830adda851ae5e2eb7559fede.jpg

a3089a03408b21b0d8668174e40d3051.jpg

dfdbec0dbd3e88fcccce152187d1f448.jpg

Sent from outerspace