What Would You Do?

Lastdance

I booked the Edge for the original inaugural sailing, but canceled on January 4. My TA has taken care of her part, but Celebrity says it is in a group booking, so they are not sure when this credit will be given back to me. This is information is from Captain's Club. I have cruised a lot with Celebrity and have a a final payment already for another cruise on this statement for April. What I do not understand is why I am in a group, as this was not a group booking. It was for an S1 suite and there was no group involved. Even so, why would it take this long? I have never ever canceled a cruise before and this is my first one. I have been told by my credit card company that I can dispute the final payment charge less $500 until I receive my credit of $500. Any ideas would be appreciated, as I see no reason for them to keep holding this money.

Although you may book with the TA as an individual, many of the larger ones will then include you as part of an overall group booking that the TA holds with the cruise line. Many (most?) of our bookings have been handled that way. We've only had to cancel one Celebrity cruise under a "group" booking and received our refund very promptly. You might want to talk to your TA again.

You can be in a group booking without knowing it. A TA may have held a variety & number of cabins to get a better rate - that is a group booking. We booked a cruise a couple of years ago with a TA and were not told it was part of a group booking. It was for a Suite. We cancelled the cruise and got our refund in Less than 10 days.

If your booking was part of a group your TA put you in it. Is your reservation showing online as cancelled? Your TA needs to push for your refund.

Although you may book with the TA as an individual, many of the larger ones will then include you as part of an overall group booking that the TA holds with the cruise line. Many (most?) of our bookings have been handled that way. We've only had to cancel one Celebrity cruise under a "group" booking and received our refund very promptly. You might want to talk to your TA again.

Celebrity acknowledges that they have my $500 to return, but I just cannot get it credited back to my card. My TA is in the clear; she did everything she was supposed to do and always has done an excellent job. This is Celebrity admitting that yes, they have it, but for now, I can't have it back!

Ask your TA to arrange a 3 way Call (her, you & the Group Sales Dept) to resolve why your deposit hasn’t been refunded.

From my experience the Captains Club isn’t able to do any refunding, price adjustments, etc with reservations that are part of a group.

I had a TA issue and had to have a booking (part of a group) taken from the TA. It reverted to the Group Sales team and they were very responsive & helpful.

This isn't making any sense to me. I've been booked into groups before and know others who have been as well. I've never known Celebrity to hesitate providing a prompt refund for cancellations like this. I don't believe it's any different than any other cancellation. And if you didn't book into the group knowingly, that means your TA booked you into a group and this IS your TA's responsibility to secure your refund.

Something doesn't sound right to me. Good luck!

Again, have YOU spoken to Celebrity? Because if you are quoting what your TA told you this story makes no sense. I have been booked on cruises where I was in a Group but did not know it; my TA did it to give me the best price. It makes absolutely no difference; your cancellation should be immediate and your refund soon forthcoming. Please come back and post again if you are saying a Celebrity representative told you this gibberish.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I have contacted them(Celebrity and Captain's Club) and this is what I was told. They have my money, but it is tied up in a group booking. My TA did everything in January, as soon as I canceled. This is on their end and not my TA. Believe it or not, this is what I was told. I am calling again this morning and will post the results.

Thanks, Texed, I will ask to speak to that department.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions...I am on the phone now and the first response I received was "this is a mess." I am on hold once again...

Edited by Lastdance

Okay, after being on hold for 45 minutes...I found out that my funds are in a group booking, but they cannot seem to locate them. They are working on this and said they will keep me informed. So, that is the story. This is all due to Edge bookings, cancelations and transfers...I certainly do not want to ever cancel another cruise again. I have one in April and one a year from April on Edge. TBD whether I will book again unless it is the last minute. My cruise was canceled on January 4.

Okay, after being on hold for 45 minutes...I found out that my funds are in a group booking, but they cannot seem to locate them. They are working on this and said they will keep me informed. So, that is the story. This is all due to Edge bookings, cancelations and transfers...I certainly do not want to ever cancel another cruise again. I have one in April and one a year from April on Edge. TBD whether I will book again unless it is the last minute. My cruise was canceled on January 4.

Seriously? They shouldn’t need to “locate” specific funds. You have receipts, and you can prove you made the deposit, but haven’t received a refund (or a notification saying you will receive a refund). What more do they need to know to refund your deposit? Further, since your TA put you in a group, she should be the one dealing with following through on this until it’s resolved.

It sounds like an Edge issue!? I have made 4 group bookings and cancelled 3, with a big box TA, and have not encountered the issue that you are facing. Celebrity is WRONG and really need to give youu a refund right away.

I did book on Edge directly through Celebrity and was refunded when I cancelled.

It sounds like an Edge issue!? I have made 4 group bookings and cancelled 3, with a big box TA, and have not encountered the issue that you are facing. Celebrity is WRONG and really need to give youu a refund right away.

I did book on Edge directly through Celebrity and was refunded when I cancelled.

Lastdance, was your deposit paid directly to Celebrity? If yes, then I agree with CEOofvacation.

I’m fairly certain Lastdance booked directly with Celebrity, paid her deposit to them at that time, then later transferred the booking to her TA who, unbeknownst to her, later put her booking into a group. Have any of you had the usual prompt refund from Celebrity under these circumstances?

Oops CeoOfVacation, I see you have done so. Had you transferred that booking to a TA?

The issue is totally between the TA and X... X does not create nor maintain groups, there are fully a TA thing. Apparently your TA put you in a group and something went amiss. I'd put the TA on notice for this as it is THEIR group, not Celebrity's that has your funds tied up.

In fact, according to a captains club rep, Celebrity does sometimes “group” their own bookings, but it’s unusual. Otherwise, I agree with you. There’s no excuse for this, and in this case, the TA put the booking in a group, so it’s her responsibility to get a wriggle on for her loyal (and lucrative) client!

That said, it does sound as though Celebrity is saying this is a problem on their end.

Edited by Silkroad
Clarification

The issue is totally between the TA and X... X does not create nor maintain groups, there are fully a TA thing. Apparently your TA put you in a group and something went amiss. I'd put the TA on notice for this as it is THEIR group, not Celebrity's that has your funds tied up.

I have the paper work from my TA showing what she did. Celebrity has my funds, but it is in this group booking. Resolutions is trying to sort this all out, but when??? I want all the facts before I rush to judgement. I want to understand where the error happened and why.

I have the paper work from my TA showing what she did. Celebrity has my funds, but it is in this group booking. Resolutions is trying to sort this all out, but when??? I want all the facts before I rush to judgement. I want to understand where the error happened and why.

You’re right. I always knew you were a nicer person than I:) I’d just want my money back without a lot of excuses and delays:evilsmile: though I would want to know why it happened and how to avoid it in future.

I’m fairly certain Lastdance booked directly with Celebrity, paid her deposit to them at that time, then later transferred the booking to her TA who, unbeknownst to her, later put her booking into a group. Have any of you had the usual prompt refund from Celebrity under these circumstances?

Oops CeoOfVacation, I see you have done so. Had you transferred that booking to a TA?

Yes. I had to cancel the TA leg of the upcoming cruise on Reflection. I first booked it on Future Cruises, then transferred to the big box TA to get their group rate. When I cancelled that leg, I got a full refund within 3 days.

Yes. I had to cancel the TA leg of the upcoming cruise on Reflection. I first booked it on Future Cruises, then transferred to the big box TA to get their group rate. When I cancelled that leg, I got a full refund within 3 days.

I had a similar experience. Booked a cruise on Reflection directly with Celebrity, transferred to a TA, had to cancel, and received refund in 3-5 business days. As far as I know, my booking hadn’t been put in a group, but I don’t think that makes a difference.