How far out do everyone book cruises?

aceparty

Just Wondering, How far out does the average person book a cruise? Do you book more then one?

Right now we have booked 3:

Jan. 2019 14 night Escape Caribbean

Nov 2019 12 night Star Mediterranean

Jan 2020 7 night Encore Caribbean

6 months to 2 years out, average 1 year. . Besides onboard expenses, we like having everything paid off before we sail as well as having time to plan and we always have to figure in airfare as well. Doing Panama Canal but booked that one almost two years prior to sail date.

I typically book very early 1.5 to 2 years ahead or late 2-6 months. I normally have 2 on the books but I've had as many as 4 booked. Right now I have 2 booked. Sailing the Bliss in October and I'm looking right now for a spring 2020 cruise. On average we do 2 a year.

My first cruise was a CAS cruise booked 4 months out. But since then, I book further out and pay over time. I also liked receiving the (now non-existent) extra latitude point for booking 9 mos in advance.

Booked Star Mar 2019 in May 2017. Got a great deal on a family suite and have never seen the cabin price lower than it was when I reserved.

Just Wondering, How far out does the average person book a cruise? Do you book more then one?

Right now we have booked 3:

Jan. 2019 14 night Escape Caribbean

Nov 2019 12 night Star Mediterranean

Jan 2020 7 night Encore Caribbean

We've booked within 4 weeks of sailing and within 14 months of sailing

I am thinking we need to start looking ahead more often now that we are empty nesters to take advantage of any booking on the ship promos

We used to do at least 9 months to take advantage of the extra Lattitudes point...

We have one in January that was booked the week before the Lattitudes changes so it will be the last with the extra point.

Our other booked cruise is Encore which we booked the day they went on sail over the phone for Thanksgiving next year.

Have booked as short as 30 days on a last minut Fri-Mon out of Miami.

anywhere from the day before to the day the schedule is released.

We have cruises booked thru 2020 right now.

We have booked a cruise while sitting on the sun deck of a different cruise line so when we get off the next day we just have to walk onto the new ship.

Life is an adventure. Enjoy your travels. Planned to every detail or on a whim.:D

anywhere from the day before to the day the schedule is released.

We have cruises booked thru 2020 right now.

We have booked a cruise while sitting on the sun deck of a different cruise line so when we get off the next day we just have to walk onto the new ship.

Life is an adventure. Enjoy your travels. Planned to every detail or on a whim.:D

WOW!! I could see me doing that when I retire but now I have to plan with work

It depends for us...if traveling together I need to make sure I have kids home to take care of the house and dogs. We usually book thru CAS, those are done soon after receiving the certificate. Cruised in May & July this year, have a solo booked for September, and traveling together on a 10 day in January.

as little as 9 days, as much as 540 days in advance

We had a special event cancel, so went on a cruise to replace the time we already arranged away from our businesses, 9 days before sailing, best deal $800 for Alaska OV & $1100 return for mini-suite.

The Bliss was booked Jan 2017 for April 2018 and July 2018 for Sept 2018

Started planning my 50th birthday cruise in Jan 2018 for Oct 2019