Don't buy Invicta Watches - ripoff

Back during my Navy days we called watches like those "HeyJoe" watches and they were prevalent in Naples.

In the Pacific theater we called them Grande Island watches. You could expect the watch to last until you sailed past Grande Island leaving Subic Bay in the Philippines.

All watches are rip offs IMHO... why do you need a watch on a cruise anyways, your on vacation -- sun: awake; moon: asleep

What in intelligent post..........:rolleyes:

I assume you drive a 2,000.00 junk car that gets you around. After all why would you need anything else.

Rolex summariner. Beautiful watch and they never lose their value. I’m fact they go up in value. I bought my first second hand and wore it for 7 years then sold it for over 100% gain. It did better than many of my stocks. My current submariner I bought new in port on a cruise and it is probably worth 70% more than what I paid for it.

If you want to go on the inexpensive side citizen is a great watch. I have a 20 year old dive watch I bought in port that looks great and still keeps great time. Drank many red stripes negotiating that price.

I admired the Citizen Eco Drive Caliber 2100 chrono for years, and the best I saw it discounted, was 35% in stores, plus tax. I bought it on a ship for 40% off, and no tax... :)

I got my Citizen Eco Drive dive watch in shop on Front St. in Philipsburg, St. Maarten for 50% off of the then list price with a US warranty and no tax. Best price I saw same watch onboard was 35% off. Got the 50% off price as we bought two watches at the same time as DW wanted a Skagen, also gotten at half list price.

I've also seen Citizen watches advertised for 50% off list in shops at Havensight pier mall on St. Thomas.

We were on Adventure a couple weeks ago for the repositioning cruise. They had the usual 75% off sale, and there were folks buying them. I was more interested in the waterproof cases that some of them came in. I asked one of the clerks if they would sell me just the box. Nope... Bummer, because it would have been perfect for a small piece of test equipment I use at work.

I got my Citizen Eco Drive dive watch in shop on Front St. in Philipsburg, St. Maarten for 50% off of the then list price with a US warranty and no tax. Best price I saw same watch onboard was 35% off. Got the 50% off price as we bought two watches at the same time as DW wanted a Skagen, also gotten at half list price.

I've also seen Citizen watches advertised for 50% off list in shops at Havensight pier mall on St. Thomas.

I've also routinely seen Citizen watches on Amazon for less than the sale prices on the ship.

I have two Invicta dive watches bought while cruising. Both were sell offs for less than $100 because they had dead batteries so I took a chance. Both worked after I replaced the battery myself and had list price of $695. These cheap watches typically use the same battery, a 377.

Below is one, both are similar inside, compared to $10 Bijoux Terner I got at a half price clearance sale onboard as a back up watch. Note the similar movements and interior emptiness.

1757713283_CIMG1432(200x150).jpg.4d5c15f5425febca4ec2ba867fc593fa.jpg

74026017_CIMG1433(200x150).jpg.0257e40b9b3172e8c269ef75635cc448.jpg

• 1 month later...

Don't Buy! I bought an Invicta Pro Diver 40 200m/660ft for $150.00 from the Artisan Studio on the Celebrity Reflection in February, 2018. It had a retail price of $795.00:rolleyes:- according to the price sticker on the back. I asked the the order taker if it had a Japanese movement. He told me it did. The best of these cheap flea market watches will have a Japanese movement. The movement origin was impossible to read on the back of the watch. When I got home, under magnification the movement is Malaysian. OK. Then I went on Ebay. My exact watch is $79.95. Go to Ebay---some are more some are less.

I like the watch. I hope it lasts. I know they enjoy their unconscionable profit. Here's the Ebay link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Invicta-9204OB-Mens-Pro-Diver-200m-Blue-Dial-Steel-Bracelet-Dive-Watch/142735634695?hash=item213bb4f107:g:DIYAAOSwYBxasQye

Don't Buy! I bought an Invicta Pro Diver 40 200m/660ft for $150.00 from the Artisan Studio on the Celebrity Reflection in February, 2018. It had a retail price of $795.00:rolleyes:- according to the price sticker on the back. I asked the the order taker if it had a Japanese movement. He told me it did. The best of these cheap flea market watches will have a Japanese movement. The movement origin was impossible to read on the back of the watch. When I got home, under magnification the movement is Malaysian. OK. Then I went on Ebay. My exact watch is $79.95. Go to Ebay---some are more some are less.

I like the watch. I hope it lasts. I know they enjoy their unconscionable profit. Here's the Ebay link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Invicta-9204OB-Mens-Pro-Diver-200m-Blue-Dial-Steel-Bracelet-Dive-Watch/142735634695?hash=item213bb4f107:g:DIYAAOSwYBxasQye

I've bought a few Invicta watches. They have to be automatics and less than $50 with free shipping. There are numerous sites where you can buy them......Cheap!

On one the numbers have fallen off and another the stem keeps coming out. I call them my port watches as they look decent and I don't like wearing my expensive watches on foreign soil.

They are what they are......

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Invicta are not bad watches for everyday wearing, I have 8 and never had an issue. Sounds like you got a bad one somehow. You made an impulse buy on vacation like so many other people do and got caught up in the hype and way over paid. It happens! But just be happy you're not one of those people who by "jewelry" from those scam stores in Caribbean ports that the cruise line recommends. You want to talk about way over paying to the point of it being criminal just look up reviews on people who bought jewelry at places like DI. Just chalk this up to a learning experience and be glad you're not out thousands like some of the jewelry buyers!!

Invicta are not bad watches for everyday wearing, I have 8 and never had an issue. Sounds like you got a bad one somehow. You made an impulse buy on vacation like so many other people do and got caught up in the hype and way over paid. It happens! But just be happy you're not one of those people who by "jewelry" from those scam stores in Caribbean ports that the cruise line recommends. You want to talk about way over paying to the point of it being criminal just look up reviews on people who bought jewelry at places like DI. Just chalk this up to a learning experience and be glad you're not out thousands like some of the jewelry buyers!!

Let me guess - you don't think people should buy jewelry in the Caribbean...... :p

Totally agree, Invicta's are not bad for everyday watch wearing , I have 1. Of course I had to return 2 of them before I got 1 that actually worked. In the end it is worth the 50 bucks I paid for it.

Basically, Invicta's are Timex's with a bit of style.:)

I have an Invicta as my cheapo, everyday, don't care if it gets scratched (metal band) watch. Paid $50 or something on either Amazon or another online retailer many many years ago and it's still going strong. Probably been lucky but knew what I was buying. It's an automatic and a ripoff of a Rolex design. Serves its purpose just fine for me.

Edited by OCSC Mike

Daddy, what's a watch? Why do you need one when I have time (perfectly calibrated in every time zone in the world) on this phone I carry everywhere?

That’s what I was thinking while reading this thread. My Fitbit Blaze has become my new watch. Tells time steps, sleep pattern and I can read my text messages on it. It’s much cheaper than an Apple Watch but still syncs with my iPhone for time in any zone. Never need to buy batteries because it’s rechargeable. My status watches all need battery replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had hoped that with the spread of fast internet on ships that prices would come down to competitive.

Traffic in shopping malls are down quite a bit since the birth of online shopping. As long as cruise passengers feel that they are getting a deal on some designer handbag or watch the shops will continue to flourish. Duty free is also a big selling point.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Invicta is a Wal-Mart watch, isn't it?

It’s an over priced disposable watch.

The MRP are jacked way, way up there to make it seem like you’re getting a deal.

Really your just buying a disposable, low quality watch

If you have one that still works after 6 months then great.

I certainly wouldn’t spend money repairing one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk