Nude Charter

Jane2357

Last year I booked a very short January, 3 night cruise as a "tide me over" till Alaska in May. Today I decided to day to see if I could also book us on the following week - having a back to back cruise. Only there seemed to be a hole in the schedule and nothing for that week - until I googled it and found that Jan. 7 - 13 on Celebrity Constellation is a nude charter - thus dashing my hopes for a back to back. :(

This got me to thinking of all the folks getting on that ship on Jan. 14th - and me asking myself if I wouldn't be kinda grossed out. Realizing that they say they sit on towels, but thinking do they really when in their own cabins? What cleaning measures does the ship take? Are they WASHING all those bedspreads which frankly I don't believe that they do between each cruise and don't use them for that reason. I really wouldn't want to be booked on that next cruise, would it bother anyone else or not? Just curious.

Wouldn't bother me. I tend to not worry about things over which I have absolutely no control.

Besides...eventually something is going to kill me regardless of the precautions I take.

Now...if you are really curious if they actually sit on towels there is one way to find out for sure. :eek: :D

Hmmm....are they washing all those bedspreads?!?!?!? etc etc.....When it's not a nude charter, how would they ever know (and what would be the difference) if folks are pretty much completely "au natural" whilst in their cabins? Then again on the plus side, packing would be a breeze and you certainly could do the cruise with only "carry on"

Edited by marco

I wouldn't find a nude cruise any higher risk than a normal cruise. People are having sex in the cabins, sleeping in the nude, getting sick in the cabins (do you really think that some passengers suffering with noro actually always make it to the toilet on time??), cutting themselves in the cabins, changing baby diapers on the beds in the cabins, and some even die in the cabins.

And let's not forget that clothed or not, folks are still coughing all over the place, sneezing, rubbing their noses, constantly flicking their hair, touching everything.....

Just the day to day joys of serving peeps :)

When I was much younger I took quite a few cruises chartered by Atlantis Events. When there would be one of the big deck parties/dances, the captain of the ship invited those crew members who didn't care for the activities to stay in their cabins. Even though a lot of the crew joined in the "festivities", they still weren't permitted in the guest's cabins.

It's no different from any other cruise, as far as "cleaning" goes! I'm betting nude folks shower more than clothed folks! And, do you think only nudists sit nude on a bedspread????

Edited by cb at sea

Then you haven't got much of an imagination. [emoji3]

No I don't; but then I'm 70 years old! Now if that question would have come up 30-40 years ago, I'm sure I could have come up with a better (lascivious) answer.:D

Edited by Treven

This got me to thinking of all the folks getting on that ship on Jan. 14th - and me asking myself if I wouldn't be kinda grossed out.[/Quote]

This is no more gross that people sitting on chairs with clothing that they have been sweating in all day on a hot and humid day!

Edited by SantaFeFan

Do you really think that being nude is the worst thing going on inside a cabin?

Let's just say that I expect that people have had sex in all cabins that are on all cruiseships around the world, with the exception of new ships that haven't had their first 50 sailings.

I'm sure that people have had sex in a lot of public places on the ships, on our Legend O.t.s a couple had sex in one of the hot tubs :rolleyes:

Edited by Extra Kim

Let's just say that I expect that people have had sex in all cabins that are on all cruiseships around the world, with the exception of new ships that haven't had their first 50 sailings.

I knew I shouldn't have started reading this thread. Now you've got me wondering if there's like a guiness record for something like this.

"Sex in the most number of cabins: John and Becky Jones from Anytown, Indiana!"

(Then someone decides to make it a competition and organizes a new kind of cabin crawl.)

I think the OP should book this as a back to back, and the report back to the group the charter experience.

Cleaning procedures, formal nights, hilarious conga line accidents, inappropriate views while looking up near the rock climbing wall, etc.

I have to stop... DW isn't here, but I just know I'd be getting 'that look' right now.

I knew I shouldn't have started reading this thread. Now you've got me wondering if there's like a guiness record for something like this.

"Sex in the most number of cabins: John and Becky Jones from Anytown, Indiana!"

(Then someone decides to make it a competition and organizes a new kind of cabin crawl.)

/QUOTE]

Wouldn't that be referred to as a "cabin creep"?