Do butlers do ironing?

TucsonRick

Request an iron and one will be delivered to your room and you may use it for a short period of time..... or bring some Downey Wrinkle Release
I second the Downy Wrinkle Release. I used some in preparation for this last cruise and was absolutely amazed at the results. I don't know HOW it works but it does!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Do butlers do ironing?

Question asked:

Answer first off one would have to be in a suite or higher class stateroom to have a butler.

Secondly one would have to "ASK" the butler if he/she does this ironing thing - butlers will

unpack and put your clothes away for you IF you ASK.

The main answer appears to be if you "ASK" !

If the butler does not iron press or launder your clothes then he may be able to have this

done complimentary or with the fabulous famous nickel and dime NCL FEE surcharge.

No where in the CC forum have I found anything to suggest hint rumor that a butler would

do this - but with a substantial tip anything is possible.

Being in the very top dog cabin "Owners Suite" may also play into this.

Outside of this there is the regular laundry dry cleaning pressing service - then the

$19.99 laundry bag deal half-way thru a 6 or more day cruise - and lastly the Platinum Free

laundry service - dry cleaning and pressing being extra.

If NCL had messed your wardrobe one would think that NCL would do the service complimentary.

But back to home plate one would first have to be in a suite with the services of the butler.

Do you seriously think a butler would do ironing?
Not sure why so aggressive when it's actually a legit question if you've never had a NCL Butler...... Unless you ask, why would one think a butler would provide just red m&ms or afternoon sandwiches cut diagonally or provide room service without the $7.95 convenience charge....... like mentioned earlier, you may ask the butler and if he / she chooses to say yes or makes other arrangements to have things ironed then it's worth asking.

As previously mentioned, there is a reduced rate pressing service on the first day. I think it was half price. I was in the owner’s suite on my last cruise and was charged the rate like everyone else. It was wonderful to have pressed shirts and I will always take advantage of the service from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ironing is such a personal request. I bet I could be an excellent butler but don't dare ask me to iron your clothes. Not that I would not want to but I don't iron. When I wore suits, I always bought wrinkle free shirts to get out of ironing. I just would not do a good job. Having said that, if wrinkles bother you so much, would you not want to have your clothes ironed by a professional in the laundry station?

Most important: Wrinkles don't count. You are on vacation! ;p

The quick answer is "no, they don't iron".

Some really good suggestions here, though. I agree that the Downy Wrinkle Remover does an awesome job. I take it whenever I travel.

And, the onboard laundry does quite a good job of cleaning and pressing. I know I get a free bag of laundry (cleaned, pressed and hung on hangers) being Platinum.

IIRC, they have a special during longer cruises offering ½ off all the laundry you can stuff in the laundry bag.

I guess I should have asked if the butler would arrange for pressing to be done. It has been suggested on these boards that one tips the butler $10/pp per day. If that is the case, then what do they do for that money?

Some on these boards have indicated that I should not dare to ask the butler to do anything because they are too busy. How silly is that?

Yes, I am in a Penthouse Suite or I would not be asking about the butler's duties.

I guess I should have asked if the butler would arrange for pressing to be done. It has been suggested on these boards that one tips the butler $10/pp per day. If that is the case, then what do they do for that money?

Some on these boards have indicated that I should not dare to ask the butler to do anything because they are too busy. How silly is that?

Yes, I am in a Penthouse Suite or I would not be asking about the butler's duties.

The Downey Wrinkle Release is great. I use it whenever we travel.

Regarding tips, I would expect that anyone who tips $10pp/per day is (or should be) requesting a lot of services from the butler. Without asking, they will replenish supplies for the coffee machine and deliver a plate of snacks in the afternoon. If you order room service the butler delivers it. There are CC threads explaining what the butler can do for you and there is also information on the NCL website

When we sail in suites we don't ask for many extras and we rarely request room service so IMO, to tip the butler $20 a day for 2 people isn't realistic. Tip based on how much you use them and what you feel comfortable with.

If not, how can I get wrinkles out of my clothes after unpacking?

Rick

I've never thought to ask the butler to do this so I don't know if they will, but I can tell you that we use dry cleaning plastic to fold up our clothing prone to wrinkles. Somehow, the plastic prevents wrinkles...works every time.