Alaska Live, July 17th - 27th. Just the tip of the iceberg.

Andrew, loved the Hubbard flick, there was a small glacier to the left of Hubbard, mostly rocks or black dirty ice. Back in 2013 it still had all white ice. Shame if that glacier has melted that much now. It shocked me.

Can't find a pic of the other one.

Thanks for the beautiful pics! When we go back to Alaska, will definitely want to hug the pups, and may try the sledding!:confused: Of course, I may be really old by then, so, did they have seat belts?:rolleyes:

Hey, we have one of those key chain trinkets but ours is a polar bear with the brown surprise!;p

Have a great time in Skagway today!!

Good morning. We have arrived in Skagway.

13d4bf5fb67d0ddc55317aa3f697d3bd.jpg

7814487410b40ecc5efa9d4654662c06.jpg

And while watching an animated discussion between a dock worker and security...

7949d323b3692e5d7b31d4e1816e43f3.jpg

Another ship has almost docked. Guessing it is Explorer.

5943ca46b3400802806d3684d2e408d8.jpg

3983cb0a3675d2d87927edc2e1b4b1ae.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

Anyone having been to Skagway before will recognize these cruise hieroglyphs. Some have been here a long time. You know when people wore fancy clothes to the dining room and cabins only had windows.

I noticed they were ships that were not RC. Back then RC was saving the rock walls, you know before the save the waves campaign.

a3a96180ed3f4670bd9231425f3b39ff.jpg

6076b0379299189f94ac6a909a2b9edd.jpg

558c00c21cdfda14ed9afa5fa7504c9c.jpg

You’d have to be in the Captain’s bad books if you were told to paint these ones.

124cc4fe07f7b5113c8785e5fadc1338.jpg

This one is dated from 1975 and is for the same Captain again in 1985.

08fbddd29a5ffdaea993efda60f85988.jpg

I see you went thru Wasilla .... were you able to see Russia from there? (Obvious Sarah Palin joke) ;p:'):p

I wanted to make the reference... but being Canadian thought I should only joke about my politicians. [emoji6]

Great pictures from Juneau! Looks like a wonderful time! [emoji4]

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

It was fun. The back was a bit tired after gold panning a few hours. No idea how the Klondike Miners did it back then.

Your photos are fantastic!

You’re welcome.

Wow! Simply amazing! Love the Hubbard Glacier video!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank-you.

Awesome picture!!

Great camera, and an amateur eye.

Thanks for the beautiful pics! When we go back to Alaska, will definitely want to hug the pups, and may try the sledding![emoji782] Of course, I may be really old by then, so, did they have seat belts?

Hey, we have one of those key chain trinkets but ours is a polar bear with the brown surprise!;p

Have a great time in Skagway today!!

I tried to post the pic again and the CC photo filter must recognize the bears action. Why can’t it stop a man in a Speedo photo? Not sure about the belts but I knew a you and Tom can do it.

I like to cuddle the pups whenever possible.

Andrew, loved the Hubbard flick, there was a small glacier to the left of Hubbard, mostly rocks or black dirty ice. Back in 2013 it still had all white ice. Shame if that glacier has melted that much now. It shocked me.

Can't find a pic of the other one.

When we get home we are going to look at our picks from 2004 to see the differences to both glaciers. If it is substantial I will post a picture or two.

Yes, you will see the hippie guy on Railroad Alaska. He has a huge greenhouse for growing food ( and who knows what else-lol) and there was a segment on him installing a wooden barrel hot tub for keeping fish to use as fertilizer for the crops. He also helped another lady homesteader build a line/pulley to get water to her house.

If you watch the show, I met Animal two years ago taking the train to Seward to board Radiance. He was working as a conductor. My one brush with a celebrity!

------Nancy

Breakfast in Giovanni’s.

Watching choppers fly and people leaving for fishing. I think I need a chopper. Fly me to the end of the pier.

Ovation will be in Alaska next year...maybe that will be a new Star Class perk!

Well I think reading this has convinced me to do the Alaska trip! What a wonderful review and thank you so much for taking the time to post all the pics and video's! I think you are my favorite poster here on CC. :-)

It's not the size of the lens, it's how you use it.

Another great video of the Hubbard Glacier. How tall is it? It's hard to get good perspective with the mountains in the background.

40 stories tall and we were 200 yards from the glacier.