Nothing nicer than an upsell on the Elegant Explorerer - very happy camper!

kazu

Less than two weeks to go before we fly out and I got a bit of sprinkling of fairy dust (I know I owe my TA BIG TIME;))

We had an SS on our Prinsendam 30 day cruise and it's pretty port intensive. Just the same, that ship has the nicest Neptune Suites in the fleet but I just couldn't justify the price.

Lo and behold, the upsell fairy calls and while I might have gotten dazzled, (the fairy dust blinded me to the $) DH says I deserve it after all the rigmaro with the wrist (and in all honesty it was $200 less than the max we said we would pay IF we were lucky enough to get the call).

Plus it's on the side of the ship we wanted. So, Neptune Suite, here we come:D

Little happy dance here

Congrats on your upsell. You work very hard for all of us on Cruise Critic and we are very happy for you. Enjoy and have a Pina Colada for us.:)

ahh - you are kind. thank you. It's perfect as I have new exercises and they require strengthening which means space to do it. I'll have plenty = In fact I think the verandah may be perfect:D

The tools are very light weight so easy to pack. Release from surgeon and this makes it a very good week:)

Wow....I am SOO happy for you. You deserve it. There is something called Karma... At any rate, I believe as one of Prinsendam's tireless devotees, you deserve it!

We have playoff tickets for the dates of your cruise, except our team may not make it. I wasn't all that crazy about Iceland... oh well. It made DH happy...

Have a wonderful time and I look forward to hearing about it!

Congratulations Jacqui!!

You do deserve it.

How is your wrist?

KK - I am happy to report I got back from the surgeon on Monday and was discharged and discharged from physio on Tuesday (with a very strenuous home exercise programme).

The bone has healed:D I am out of the 'grey area' so to speak. I no longer have to worry about if I am jostled on the plane it will break again.

the wrist is sore and very weak - I will make no bones about it (pun intended)

But, I am good to travel. Seriously, I was going anyways;)

I told them I would beat it and I did. I worked hard. Even trying to type when I started was three weeks ahead - it hurt - but it was exercise for the fingers.

I am now 5 weeks ahead of schedule. I have shocked everyone.

I am not a heavy set lady and very tiny boned and everyone was adamant it would be surgery. I was adamant it wouldn't. I did everything they said and MORE and pushed it as far as I could letting pain be my guide.

I had great doctors (including the ER who brought in an Xray technician so they could really see what they were doing), great surgeon and a lot of caring people around me.

I consider myself a very lucky person.

By the way Marley is still a part of our household;)

Wow....I am SOO happy for you. You deserve it. There is something called Karma... At any rate, I believe as one of Prinsendam's tireless devotees, you deserve it!

We have playoff tickets for the dates of your cruise, except our team may not make it. I wasn't all that crazy about Iceland... oh well. It made DH happy...

Have a wonderful time and I look forward to hearing about it!

Thank you Linda - we were SO looking forward to meeting you on this cruise.

thank you for the quick heads on up on Meteora. Thanks to you I booked what I think is the best one to get us there. Even Rick Steeves likes him ;)

I hope the EE is still up to snuff - we'll soon find out and we are really looking forward to this one. We've been planning for a long time.

I think I just happen to be lucky enough to have a very good TA and lucky enough (or stupid enough) to have accepted the offer.

Starting to get excited. I've been overwhelmed with things as the wrist slows me down but one way or the other - we're outa' here in less than two weeks :D

thank you everyone. I really appreciate all the very nice words.

I just posted out of happiness as this combined with my surgeon's words just made everything perfect. I've never done a post like this before but it just seemed so right.

Thank you again and please forgive my exuberance. It's been a heavy, worrisome week which has turned out great between visits with the ortho surgeon, physiotherapist, etc.

Huge relief, happiness and I thank you all so much for your caring.

How can I not do a live report with this itinerary and so many kind thoughts?

Thanks again