A Thought About the New Room Service Menu

rkacruiser

Put me in the camp with those who are less than thrilled about what I have learned about the new Room Service Menu, particularly for Breakfast.

Maybe this has been discussed before. If so, forgive me; I missed the discussion.

The thought occurred to me that one might be able to call Room Service the night before and specifically request what one wished to order for Breakfast that was not on the menu and specify the time for delivery.

I am interested in learning what CC members think of this. And, has anyone tried to do this?

I realize that.

But, my thought remains unanswered, I think. I have not seen it addressed in anything that I have read on CC. Unless, of course, I missed something.

Put me in the camp with those who are less than thrilled about what I have learned about the new Room Service Menu, particularly for Breakfast.

Maybe this has been discussed before. If so, forgive me; I missed the discussion.

The thought occurred to me that one might be able to call Room Service the night before and specifically request what one wished to order for Breakfast that was not on the menu and specify the time for delivery.

I am interested in learning what CC members think of this. And, has anyone tried to do this?

I will try it in a couple of weeks and have hubby, Crew News, report back here on his Live Blog my experience.

It's an idea I'd not thought of until you asked. Thanks for asking:)

Joanie

I will try it in a couple of weeks and have hubby, Crew News, report back here on his Live Blog my experience.

Joanie

Will be looking forward to the LIVE! :)

Joanie

Joanie,

Can you also find out if it is still possible to order a regular MDR dinner from room service?

On the sticky some one said it was, but I wanted to hear from someone who has actually sailed since the new menu came out.

Joanie,

Can you also find out if it is still possible to order a regular MDR dinner from room service?

On the sticky some one said it was, but I wanted to hear from someone who has actually sailed since the new menu came out.

Not Joanie, but we have friends who sailed 2 weeks ago. The MDR dinner ordering is basically unchanged. I think breakfast is the meal with the biggest changes.

Joanie,

Will do Tom:) I've already planned on doing Gala Nights that way:)

Joanie

Thanks Joanie and POA1.

I was worried since they now charge for a hamburger on the Room Service menu, that they may stop serving the MDR dinners. After all, who would pay extra for hamburger, when they could a full fine dinner for free?

Does a new room menu means the breakfast menu that hangs off the door is gone,

If so, do we have to wake up at six in the morning to order a limited breakie for seven or eight?

I cannot believe that a change in the room menu will eliminate the breakfast menu card that we hang off the door.

There is still a hang tag, but it is the new menu

Edited by swin26

Joanie

IRL_Joanie---- would you please be so kind as to ask your husband if he could report whether it is possible to order just a cup of coffee delivered in the AM. That would be so helpful.

Thanks Joanie and POA1.

I was worried since they now charge for a hamburger on the Room Service menu, that they may stop serving the MDR dinners. After all, who would pay extra for hamburger, when they could a full fine dinner for free?

We have only done a couple of Holland cruises and did not know about all of the goodies you could get on room service. Is it true that once dinner starts in the dining room, you can have anything being served in your room? If so, would that also include the menu served on formal nights?

We have only done a couple of Holland cruises and did not know about all of the goodies you could get on room service. Is it true that once dinner starts in the dining room, you can have anything being served in your room? If so, would that also include the menu served on formal nights?

Yes, it does include the menu on Gala (formal) nights. You need to order by a certain time. Delivery can be any time of your choosing when the dining room is open. Check on board as it varies by ship when you need to order. Some ships are the 1st 1/2 hour of dining room opening. Some are different.