Royal Caribbean Website changes

Royal Caribbean use to have a great website for checking on rooms and rates. The new website "stinks", you have very little flexibility as to finding out what rooms are available and at what price!

Seems to me,its easier now to find available cabins...they show more of them plus you can insert a cabin number to see if its available..

as far as pricing,they list all the prices next to each category and there is a total on the side..

It works great for me. I like the new changes.

Ditto - I like being able to see a greater variety of cabins available. Mind you it does require scrolling up and down a bit, but you get used to it.

I think that the new site is fantastic, and very easy to use. I like the idea that they are now showing you more available cabins within a category plus the deck plan. Plus the price changes as you enter in new cabin categories.

I agree with the previous poster.........the continue button is too far down the page.

The new changes is just another way of cutting costs.

They will need less customer service people now, you won't have to call to see what cabins are available now and you can change cabins by yourself now right online. I'm sure some people will be losing their jobs now.

It's all about $$$$$

Jimbo:)

They will need less customer service people now, you won't have to call to see what cabins are available now and you can change cabins by yourself now right online. I'm sure some people will be losing their jobs now.

It's all about $$$$$

Well, if this is true..........then I do hope that they keep the employees that know what is going on............and there aren't many of them, I'm sorry to say.

It's all about $$$$$

Give me a break. :rolleyes:

I guess I needed a laugh today.

Royal Caribbean use to have a great website for checking on rooms and rates. The new website "stinks", you have very little flexibility as to finding out what rooms are available and at what price!

Maybe you didn't "continue"?? I almost agreed with you until I took the l-o-o-o-n-g scroll down to continue. Then to my surprise (after you picked your category and scrolled down to continue) there was a long list of cabins available, plus the ones that connect AND you can insert a cabin number you are looking for and search for that.

I like it so far!!

I like the new setup. Especially the total costs right there.

Me, TOO!! I mean, isn't that what all of us are interested in: the bottom line? I used to be so aggravated by having to go through multiple cabin choices with mulitple pages, starting over, etc., just to see the totals and differences in prices. Now, it's all there.

To avoid a lot of scrolling, if you reduce the magnification on the page, you can see the price box, all the categories, and the deck plan in one window, or at least with less scrolling. Look for the magnifying glass and the % at the bottom right of the window in Internet Explorer.

My first look at it was onboard the INDY last week..not happy with it thought maybe it was because I was onboard the website was different...but looked again when I got home and still the same new "improved" site... Will take some getting use to..I hate website changes(especially when they catch me off guard)..seems like most of you like it so I'll give it a chance...

I like the website changes as well. I wish they'd do something to expand the cruise search function with their next update. It's very limiting. I can't look for Caribbean cruises departing from both Florida AND San Juan, without looking at ALL departure ports. I can't look for a 5-7 day cruise. It only allows the searcher to enter a specific number of days. I can't look for a cruise departing in February OR March, or find a cruise during the summer months. I have to enter specific dates. On the other end, if I want a holiday sailing, I have to sort through all cruises departing during that holiday month. I can't expand or narrow the date range.

Carival's website allows me to cherry-pick criteria, which provides me a much more useful set of options at the end of the search.

I don't like the new site. everytime I attempt to do anything in my reservation it either kicks be back to the log in screen telling me my session has been timed out. then when I sign back in it tells me my reservation is being modified to try back later. very frustrating.

I like the new layout but everytime I try and display a deckplan I get a blank box lower down the page. I've cleared my temporary internet files and tried again, but the deck plans will not display. Anyone else having this problem?

DH and I spent a good amount of time on Monday looking for an Oasis cruise. The first thing I said when I noticed the new site was "YAY! Its about time Royal upgraded and updated their web site!" It was really getting archaic, as web sites go. I LOVE IT!! Thanks Royal.

I don't like the new site. everytime I attempt to do anything in my reservation it either kicks be back to the log in screen telling me my session has been timed out. then when I sign back in it tells me my reservation is being modified to try back later. very frustrating.

It has always done that, on and off. I doubt that that has anything to do with the booking updates.

And I can access MY CRUISES.

I like the new layout but everytime I try and display a deckplan I get a blank box lower down the page. I've cleared my temporary internet files and tried again, but the deck plans will not display. Anyone else having this problem?

No, I can see them.

Archived