Royal Caribbean Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

Ship - Serenade of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1582

Stateroom Category – JS

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – During the day, it was usually pretty quiet.  Unfortunately it was directly under the Windjammer, the part with no carpet, so every morning between 5AM and 6AM or so, you would begin to hear the food carts rolling across the floor.  You could also hear them at other times during the day, but if I was in my cabin during the day, I was usually on the balcony and didn't hear this.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes, but no noise from adjacent stateroom.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – There was an overhand over this balcony, but didn't interfere with the view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Not sure what the normal size for a Junior Suite is, but I had a lounge chair, and two regular chairs and a table like one you could eat at, not a coffee table height table).

Was wind a problem? - No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -  N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - It looked a little worn in places, but otherwise it was fine.  Plenty of storage, air conditioning worked well.

Any other comments? - Easy walk to get to the elevators, Windjammer and pool and solarium areas.

20191013_131333.jpg

20191013_131353.jpg

20191013_131355.jpg

20191013_131401.jpg

20191013_131442.jpg

20191013_131451.jpg

20191013_131456.jpg

20191013_131543.jpg

20191013_131551.jpg

20191013_131609.jpg

20191013_131628.jpg

20191013_131702.jpg

20191013_131720.jpg

20191013_131727.jpg

20191013_131731.jpg

20191013_131750.jpg

20191013_131754.jpg

• Like 1

Ship -  Harmony of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10636

Stateroom Category – Junior Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes!

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No, but it is next to a larger suite (maybe an Owner's?)

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –  Great.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - A bit oversized as it is on the front side of the hump.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No, it was a refreshing change from those on the older ships.  Modern, updated.

Any other comments? -  Bed is on the wall going to the front of the ship.  Not right next to the balcony door as that is where the sitting area is.  There was no shower curtain in the tub/shower but a half glass partition thing.  It looked nice, but, you have to be careful where you position the shower head or else water will get all over the bathroom floor!

Ship - Mariner of the Seas

Deck - 6

Stateroom # - 6690

Stateroom Category – D1

Starboard or Port Side - port

Quiet Stateroom? 
room was clean and quiet but a very bad balcony With large blue floor outside the balcony rai (could not see the water). See photos below. To get an idea of the lack of a view. 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – 

Aft. Sunset balcony but no view of water. 

Cabin 

I would never ever book this cabin again. It is a large odd balcony  which overlooked the roof over deck 5 so a huge circular blue deck was level with our floor and we could only see water way out and through the superstructure   The blue floor was at least 20 feet out to the superstructure. Really not a balcony except that it was open to the sky. It’s pretty hard to describe So I have attached photos. 

It also vibrated continuously  when the ship was underway. I got very sea sick on the nights coming and going to the Bahamas. Bonine usually works for me but not with this intense, constant vibration. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -oversized 

Was wind a problem? - No  Basically no wind at all. The balcony is practically enclosed because of the 20+ feet to the edge of the ship. 

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Yes. Primarily with this terrible balcony. Intense engine vibration. Very long walk to the back of the ship. 

Any other comments?

i would not book this cabin again or any other of the aft balconies across the back of this ship   

The photos show the view from the balcony and the extensive blue floor in front of balcony.  The first picture is  the view to the right 
BC9036C9-7347-48DB-AE31-4E5B5BDDCF61.thumb.jpeg.d344dddb90b76aa1ec3700cf96accd5e.jpeg

5297A5E8-E459-483F-899F-6CE5EC55A4C5.jpeg

CFF703F4-C446-4C3B-8D48-722B8B8BD669.jpeg

C0399050-9D7F-4B35-88DD-20C0BCE95956.jpeg

9AE07536-8F72-407F-8F91-6E6B8AD25164.jpeg

58 minutes ago, styxfire said:

Can someone suggest the proper way to search this board-string?  There are almost 50 pages of cabins, but when I use the main search button in upper right, it doesn't detect any of the cabin #s.

Go to the recap spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P02jhe9iw-mXyk3L9xhEJ_8lv_j4LHI6Qt0TMYy_WP8/edit?pli=1#gid=109586028 and follow the instructions on the "Managing Data" tab.  It is the easiest way to drill down to the information you want.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ship -  Serenade of the Seas

Deck -  3

Stateroom # - 3639

Stateroom Category – Inside 6V  

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – NOT AT ALL

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Definitely.   Noise (thudding footsteps, carts, dropping, banging) from the MDR above on Deck 4 & would be ongoing through the day.  Worse during meal times & would then start up again sometimes as early as 3:30 a.m. 

Any other comments? -  This is one of the two "sideways" cabins on the ship.  Specially wanted to try it because of extra large size.  A great cabin - except for the noise.  Closet is more accessible.  Had a loveseat.  Good layout.  The cooler was not working, had it repaired but still not as cool as others.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Serenade of the Seas

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9252

Stateroom Category –

Starboard or Port Side - Port Aft

Very big stateroom for Royal Caribbean standards.
3 seater sofa converted to bed.
Additional bed over it (into the ceiling)
Bathroom seemed refurbished. Excellent shower head. Ample storage.
This seemed to be a big cabin that could possibly accommodate 4... Lot of room to walk around.

Loved how quiet it was. Walk from elevators could be long for some, but we did not mind it.
Would pick it again if available. This was assigned as a balcony GTY.

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –Extremely quiet.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Considered an obstructed balcony, but the only "obstruction" was the ladder for washing equipment. We did not consider that an obstruction. Great view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Very ample.

7 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Is there an easier way to find a specific cabin on this thread without reading through 48 pages?  

Yes there is.  Go to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P02jhe9iw-mXyk3L9xhEJ_8lv_j4LHI6Qt0TMYy_WP8/edit?pli=1#gid=109586028 and read the "Managing Data" tab.  All of the reviews are summarized and are easily searchable.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Harmony of the Seas

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 268

Stateroom Category – 

Starboard or Port Side -  Port

Quiet Stateroom?  the room is right at the elevators and right under the Pool deck by the dive shop.  When we sat out on our balcony we sometimes heard running above us, especially the first and last night.  We didn’t hear it in the room if the door was shut.  We also didn’t hear any noise from the elevators in the room, except twice when piano guy was in an elevator, but I liked hearing when he was out there and it was not loud at all.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - The balcony is right under a hump with a wall the was a slight obstruction, only to the side.  I will post Picts below.  It was a very private balcony because of the wall.  We couldn’t see any other passengers except right next to us and there did not appear to even be cameras on this balcony.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? -No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -No

Any specific problems with this cabin? -No

Any other comments? - I loved being to close to the elevator.  I would probably book 1 deck down next time though, because of the noise on the balcony.  Single bed is closest to the balcony.

052835A7-5C4D-4C15-A4D0-987C0EA6FCA5.jpeg

1F69DF51-A78F-440C-AE91-CA3F078BD5A6.jpeg

0D1F412A-FCFE-4755-AFAF-ADE062CFF582.jpeg

05A35350-9671-43BE-A0CA-FC03833C65B0.jpeg

Ship - Adventure of the Seas

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7656

Stateroom Category – 2B - Spacious Oceanview Balcony

Starboard or Port Side -  Port

Quiet Stateroom?  Yes, we had no problems with noise other than a few passengers being loud in the hallway late at night.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - The balcony view was fine.  No obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal - it had 2 chairs and a small table

Was wind a problem? -No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -Not an aft cabin

Any specific problems with this cabin? -None

Any other comments? - It was a nice room, not too far from the center elevators and the library.  Great location.

23 minutes ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

This is a great list but is there a way to put in a specific cabin number one is looking for without having to go through all the pages in the hopes of finding it?  Thank you

Yes, use the search feature, selecting "this topic" and "all of my search terms" to search your ship name & cabin number. 🙂 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

This is a great list but is there a way to put in a specific cabin number one is looking for without having to go through all the pages in the hopes of finding it?  Thank you

There is a better way.   Go to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P02jhe9iw-mXyk3L9xhEJ_8lv_j4LHI6Qt0TMYy_WP8/edit?pli=1#gid=109586028 and read the "Managing Data" tab.  All of the reviews are summarized and are easily searchable.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RCI Cabin Reviews said:

There is a better way.   Go to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P02jhe9iw-mXyk3L9xhEJ_8lv_j4LHI6Qt0TMYy_WP8/edit?pli=1#gid=109586028 and read the "Managing Data" tab.  All of the reviews are summarized and are easily searchable.

I wasn't aware of that - thanks!!!!

Ship - Independence of the Seas

Deck - 8

Stateroom # -  8257

Stateroom Category –  Promenade view interior

Starboard or Port Side -  Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –  Promenade view Interior.  There is noise from the music playing on the promenade.  It is louder when it is a band vs recorded songs.  We didn't have any problems sleeping or getting to sleep.  We just knew it was happening.  I think the air unit in the room helped to  create white noise.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - yes -we could hear the people next door speaking, but only on the last 2 nights.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - had to remember to close the curtains while getting changed as we faced another cabin

Any other comments? -  close to the elevators, the Christmas tree was right below our room, so we sat in the window and watched them light it.  The extra space with the second couch in front of the window was worth the extra money.  Also, the window was angled out at the top, gave us extra viewing ability

• 3 weeks later...

Ship - Adventure of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1688

Stateroom Category – Spacious Oceanview Balcony

Starboard or Port Side - Aft/Port

Quiet Stateroom? Silent

Balcony View - This is a corner aft cabin the view is amazing

Balcony Size? Massive... You could hold a dance party on the deck

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No soot was not a problem

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? - This cabin has the "stripper pole" in it.  Except for the novelty of it on the first day it was unnoticeable for the rest of the cruise.  This is a highly sought after cabin.  If you have gotten it consider yourself lucky.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ship - ADVENTURE of the Seas

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9330

Stateroom Category – Junior Suite

Good size stateroom

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes, but no problem with noise

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for jumior suite.

If an aft cabin was soot a problem? - No, not an aft cabin

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? - It is a lovely stateroom. Large area with space to move around easily. Close enough to lifts/stairs to access the rest of the ship easily, yet far enough away to not be bothered by too much passing footfall. I would book it again.

IMG_20200112_131537.jpg

IMG_20200112_181648.jpg

IMG_20200115_135215.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2010 at 4:16 PM, Kokomo91165 said:

Special thanks to Mysticks1 on the Celebrity Cruises forum for this idea. I would like to begin to assemble one for Royal Caribbean.

To the moderators, I would appreciate if we could make this a "sticky" at the top of the page for all to see.

Every week or two I will post a PDF for all the ships and cabin information compiled here.

Please, refrain from posting cabin questions here so this can purely be an informative thread, especially for those that are first time cruisers or seasoned cruisers looking for a great cabin.

The template is as follows:

Ship - symphony of the seas

Deck -11

Stateroom # -594

Stateroom Category –c2 ?

Starboard or Port Side -starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – yes, very quiet

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –no obstructions, it was on the bump so we had a great view, although I think I prefer the port side.  This was our first cruise on the Starboard

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized

Was wind a problem? -no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? - Beautiful ship, we loved it

Ship - Liberty of the Seas

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9306, mid-ship

Stateroom Category – Spacious Balcony

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – view was great with no obstruction. Sunset for the first part of trip and sunrise for the last part. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - not at all

Any other comments? - this cabin was great. It's about halfway between the two stairwells/elevator banks. It was much larger than I expected after everything I'd read about cruise ships. Closet was standard hotel size with plenty of hangers. 

D04A34CD-502C-44ED-A6C9-B4129D9F525F.jpeg

2009151C-F422-402F-93A4-D33CA47EA367.jpeg