Who has reached Pinnacle Club status on C&A?

We sailed the Serenade last month and there were 28 Pinnacles on board. One couple was staying on the ship for the next 5 months continuously. Also, out of the 2100 guests, 1400 were platinum or above, as announced by the Captain at the Top Tier event.

The number of Pinnacles is in the multi-thousands. WHERE that number is seems to be a closely guarded state secret.

I have heard estimates from 2500 to 5000. The upper number came from a high-ranking officer on board a ship.

It certainly seems as if barely a cruise goes by without SOMEONE or more than one person hitting the 700 point mark.

I ran into this thread while looking for some informaton on diamond lounges. An interesting read....

Okay......it's been a year and a half. Where do we think the numbers are now?? It seemed half the ship was Diamond and above on my Vision TA in October.

Gotta be over 1000 pinnacles now??

15,000 - Diamond Plus??

8 million members of C&A??

Diamonds???

I think your numbers are quite low. I do remember an announcement of over 25,000 Diamond Plus a while back at at top tier party. (I think they announced it because the number just hit it, but I have never heard it announced again). I have heard anywhere between 1,500-5,000 Pinnacle Club members. The last 2 years it seems like there has been a surge in people making it (Congrats to All!)

And as far as people saying Pinnacles are Ancient... pfft.. we need to chat :)

Edited by Firefighterhoop

Diamond Plus has 5500 members

Total Crown & Anchor Society Membership: Almost 6 million

D+ = .09% of all members

Pinnacle = .003% of all members

So if you are D+ or Pinnacle, the bottom line is you are the "creme de la creme" of cruisers with RCL. Rightfully so, you deserve the best benefits because you are the top cruisers.

Congrats to all that fall in that category!

Also, remember the the members on CC are skewed towards the higher levels of cruising because they are so passionate about cruising. In the real world, (if there are about 6 million members) 5.995 million people fall below the D+ category.

Wow, only 5500? Don't know only so few D+'s..

Hope to join the D+ group soon by April 2017 if all my cruises pushes through as I have already booked enough cruises to reach D+.

Could be sooner had I sailed exclusively RCCL but I have also booked with 2 cruises for Celebrity and 1 for NCL as well for next year.

I cruise mostly in Asia and Australia.. so don't know how fewer D's or D+'s in this area..... but as a D I experienced Pinnacle treatment already (upgrade amenities, invitation to suite party, special area in MDR) on some ships (but not all) sailing Asia as we are so few Diamonds here!!!!

Edited by roquejo

In Feb. 2015, there were:

Gold 3,455,243

Platinum 2,662,008

Emerald 1,003,987

Diamond 561,391

Diamond + 164,209

Pinnacle 1075

Now there are approx. 1750 Pinnacles inducted. Don't know how many are still living.

Edited by Tagsalong

Wow, only 5500? Don't know only so few D+'s..

Hope to join the D+ group soon by April 2017 if all my cruises pushes through as I have already booked enough cruises to reach D+.

Could be sooner had I sailed exclusively RCCL but I have also booked with 2 cruises for Celebrity and 1 for NCL as well for next year.

I cruise mostly in Asia and Australia.. so don't know how fewer D's or D+'s in this area..... but as a D I experienced Pinnacle treatment already (upgrade amenities, invitation to suite party, special area in MDR) on some ships (but not all) sailing Asia as we are so few Diamonds here!!!!

This thread was recently bumped forward. The post you quoted is from January 2011, numbers have changed a lot since then.

Gold 3,455,243

Platinum 2,662,008

Emerald 1,003,987

Diamond 561,391

Diamond + 164,209

Pinnacle 1075

Now there are approx. 1750 Pinnacles inducted. Don't know how many are still living.

Source? Not that I doubt you, but those numbers are pretty exact, so must have come from a reliable source?

While these stats are interesting, RCL doesn't alter these numbers when the D+ or Pinnacle either passes on or is no longer cruising due to many reasons. There are many top tier who cruise the American markets, but if you go to the Asian markets, you see much fewer. It makes for interesting chatter though. There will come the day when RCL decides that it is time to change or eliminate the recognition program which will really destroy their passenger loyalty. I hope that never happens but for those of us who have cruised for many years and seen all of the take- backs that have happened along with the price creeps upward for the cruises it is a bit sad. Having said that, a cruise is still the best escape in the world and we love it.

Gold 3,455,243

Platinum 2,662,008

Emerald 1,003,987

Diamond 561,391

Diamond + 164,209

Pinnacle 1075

Just curious, Where did you obtain the numbers?? Just interested to know but not doubting you at all... Oddly enough I can see how these could be somewhat close.

Gold 3,455,243

Platinum 2,662,008

Emerald 1,003,987

Diamond 561,391

Diamond + 164,209

Pinnacle 1075

1800 was the exact number mentioned by the new Manager of Loyalty Marketing we met on our recent cruise. The number given was the number in the system, not the actual number that are still able to cruise.

Gold 3,455,243

Platinum 2,662,008

Emerald 1,003,987

Diamond 561,391

Diamond + 164,209

Pinnacle 1075

Thanks for the updated info. One thing to note that this take into accounts 3 cruise line's loyalty programs combined (RCCL, Celebrity, and Azamara) due to reciprocal status that is why the numbers are quite big up to the Diamond level.

It also takes into account those who acquired their status due to their family relationship with a principal member (children, significant other)

It might be interesting (for internal RCCL management) to do a different query in the database based on actual C&A cruise points-tier mapping alone.

That way they can have a more accurate revenue based numbers on members who actually earned their status via actually sailing RCCL.

As you know, I am actually counted as elite in Celebrity's statistics but I haven't sailed Celebrity yet as of now...

Edited by roquejo