Like You Didn't Know This Was Happening

Mysteryreader

Yes, they have been for a long time. One employee is actually assigned to read the boards. A number of employees, including Dan Hanrahan have posted on these boards. Many crew spend time browsing the board to learn what people are saying. One Officer once came up to me and said: "I hear that you're 'Orator'". We had some good conversations that cruise.

Yes, they have been for a long time. One employee is actually assigned to read the boards. A number of employees, including Dan Hanrahan have posted on these boards. Many crew spend time browsing the board to learn what people are saying. One Officer once came up to me and said: "I hear that you're 'Orator'". We had some good conversations that cruise.

Yes, I seen that person here. Their tagline under their name is "Manager, Social Media ~ Celebrity Web Innovations Team". (I just looked for it. ;) )

At the CC get-together onboard Summit last wk, the cruise director Sue Denning mentioned that X monitors these boards (total surprise ... not) so keep those comments coming.

M/R

Hi M/R,

Thank you for your post. For most of us, it's not a surprise. As Orator mentioned, Dan Hanrahan has graciously visited with our Community. Frankly, all Cruise lines would be foolish not to monitor what's mentioned on the Forums... as they have some of their most frequent & passionate Guests sharing their insights. What better audience to pay close attention to ? :)

BTW - Wasn't Sue Denning fantastic ? IMO, Sue is one of Celebrity's best Cruise Directors. I'm convinced she never sleeps !

Yes, I seen that person here. Their tagline under their name is "Manager, Social Media ~ Celebrity Web Innovations Team". (I just looked for it. ;) )

And that person remains anonymous as does everyone else in Celebrity HQ other than Dan Hanrahan who is the only name any of us know.

It is mind boggling that the Manager, Social Media would not have a public email address/contact. Clearly, he doesn't understand his job which is to be the web presence for Celebrity. There is no way to reach this mystery person.

Perhaps he will read this and post some contact information.....unless he wants all emails to go to Dan Hanrahan's office (emails to customer service are, based on experience, never routed to anyone who might actually be able to intellegently respond to a suggestion, a positive or negative comment with something other than boilerplate.

And that person remains anonymous as does everyone else in Celebrity HQ other than Dan Hanrahan who is the only name any of us know.

It is mind boggling that the Manager, Social Media would not have a public email address/contact. Clearly, he doesn't understand his job which is to be the web presence for Celebrity. There is no way to reach this mystery person.

I'll bet we've reached him, or her now :)

BTW - Wasn't Sue Denning fantastic ? IMO, Sue is one of Celebrity's best Cruise Directors. I'm convinced she never sleeps !

I have sailed with Sue once and would agree. She is one of the best. On one of my first Celebrity cruises we had Susan Woods who I believe went back to HAL. She too was excellent. Both British ladies!

BTW as far as the cruise lines reading of these boards goes I have to make comment on what a great resource Bill Lieber as Chief Blogging Officer on the Azamara boards is. Others could learn a great deal from his involvement and way he conducts himself there.

Phil

I have sailed with Sue once and would agree. She is one of the best. On one of my first Celebrity cruises we had Susan Woods who I believe went back to HAL. She too was excellent. Both British ladies!

BTW as far as the cruise lines reading of these boards goes I have to make comment on what a great resource Bill Lieber as Chief Blogging Officer on the Azamara boards is. Others could learn a great deal from his involvement and way he conducts himself there.

Phil

Agree on both counts. We have recently return from a cruise on Summit with Sue (by the way those who want to follow where she is, she is transferring to Century in Alaska at the end of June she told us). I have previously read about Cruise Directors who were wonderful on these boards, and then been disappointed when I cruised with them. Not Sue. She is the warmest, most genuine lady you could ever meet - she is so typical of a caring British Mum and she sees everyone as her children or her own Mum/Dad - some one to look after and check they are OK all the time.

Andy, you are right, she never sleeps and I would like whatever it is she is on.

Her own show was at 1030 - again a showtime we tend to avoid, I am so glad we made an exception to that rule!! She showed what a true, talented performer she is - and what a voice.

Phil

Yes, Susan Woods is back on HAL.

Sue Denning is the best Cruise Director we have ever had on Celebrity. I heard she came from Azamara (or was previously on Azamara).

Since this is becoming a "Salute to Sue" and I believe she reads the boards, let me just say: Sue, you're wonderful! There was a thread some time ago discussing Cruise Directors and one poster came down hard on Sue. Claimed that she was nowhere to be seen. I was on the cruise prior to the one cited and it was on this cruise that Sue was injured during a cooking show. She was ordered to rest. Sometimes poster just don't have the entire story and their judgments might be off the mark.

We were on the Constellation TA last November with Sue and thought she was very good. On that cruise, she took a nasty fall (off those crazy heels of hers) and had to take it easy for a few days. Just shows how hard she works! :)

Sue Denning is the best Cruise Director we have ever had on Celebrity. I heard she came from Azamara (or was previously on Azamara).

That's correct Jade. When I asked Sue why the change, she mentioned that she truly enjoyed her time at Azamara, but enjoyed working on larger ships. Celebrity is fortunate to have her.

We were on the Constellation TA last November with Sue and thought she was very good. On that cruise, she took a nasty fall (off those crazy heels of hers) and had to take it easy for a few days. Just shows how hard she works! :)

We were on the same cruise.

We were on the same cruise.

I recall that.... and somehow we didn't meet! :( Were you at the Roll Call Meet & Greet? I was the blonde who spoke up to change the subject from all the "code red whining" (and was applauded) :p

Someone posted not long ago that there are three full time employees assigned. Personally I don't believe they have someone assigned to watch the boards full time. If so would so many things be screwed up on the web site. Why does the UK web site still have the three forms of dress code that they discarded five years ago. Don't you think the service center would get some training after reading these boards and giving out so much false info.

I believe that some read these boards but it appears that if things need to be changed, they apparently don't do a very good job of correcting mistakes.

We are cruising in beginning of Sept. on the Summit.

I was excited to have Sue Denning as cruise director but heard she is starting her holidays then.:(

Who will be have????

Joanne

Hi, I bet someone who is sailing in August can post who the CD

is so you will know before you leave.

I recall that.... and somehow we didn't meet! :( Were you at the Roll Call Meet & Greet? I was the blonde who spoke up to change the subject from all the "code red whining" (and was applauded) :p

Yes, I remember that event. I was in the back with some other frequent posters. We'll just have to meet on a future cruise.

We were on the following cruise with Sue on the Connie and she seemed to be everywhere. I too wondered when she slept! Fun and energetic woman. Thanks for the Woo Hoo, Sue!

Wondered where Sue went. Really missed her on the Constellation in April. What a fine lady-talented, too! Hope we sail with her again someday.

Sue is currently the Cruise Director on Summit.

Archived