Our 50 Night Reflection Odyssey

C 2 C

For anyone else about to travel on various X ships, this will be the last update to the Who's Onboard Matrix until I return. Thank you to all who have posted updates for the success of this project.

Thank you for the updated list!

If you know - will N. Pagonis be on vacation by the end of March? Some say captains rotate every 3 months, but others say they rotate every 6 month...We have never sailed with him before but we have heard so many positive reviews. Hope he will be on board when we sail (we are booked for 3/23/12).

Enjoy the rest of your 50days cruise!

Reflection Oct 13,2002.

Preliminary report:

The ship is beautiful,

The ship is not perfect.

If you are looking to be disappointed, you will be no matter where you go.

If you want to luxuriate onboard, you can do so.

Is there any place I would rather be: no way!

Oh Celebrity, the least you could have done is to make the rain go away.

This is Catain Pagonis' baby. He states that it sails and handles better than any other S-Class ship, the latest in German engineering.

I've heard that some people are prejudging without having set a foot onboard. I'm very happy to be where I am, and all the criticism in the world, of my choice of ship, will not affect my enjoyment in the least. I'm so sorry that anyone thinks that this ship is inferior to their expectations. I'm luvin it! (has someone said that before?)

"Welcome to Celebrity Wi-Fi

Internet link is down. Please try again in a few minutes."

11:49 pm Sat, post Captain's Table.

Bye for now..

Arno, Bon Voyage to you and Joanne. I hope weather improves for you. Please take care of our beautiful ship. I'll be joining you aboard in Barcelona on 11/18 for the TA, and look forward to meeting you both!:)

Happy Sailing Arno,

I hope you have a great cruise. Or cruises depending on how you look at it. 50 days, WOW. Would have been nice if you could have stayed on through the first Caribbean. It would have been great to see you.

Could you do me a little favor, could you check out the bartenders in the evening in the Molecular Bar and martini bar. Just looking for some old friends.

Bye for now,

Rick

Rick, the reliable info we got on our 11/18 Reflection Roll Call said that Peter, Santos, and Peju will not be tending bar for that cruise as we had hoped. Don't know about after.

Arno, Bon Voyage to you and Joanne. I hope weather improves for you. Please take care of our beautiful ship. I'll be joining you aboard in Barcelona on 11/18 for the TA, and look forward to meeting you both!:)

Hi Liesa,lLucky you, going on Reflection in a month. I just booked for three 1/12 sailing - it looks beautiful. Be sure to let me know how you enjoy the new ship,

Sandi

Arno

Two questions.. could you find out the names of the martini bartenders and who wil lbe there March 16th at the bar. looking for Peter and his friend who name begins with a "P".

second question- is the band you posted going to be on the march 16h cruise. I spent many happy hours dancing to them in the past.

thanks

Robin

I am going from Azamara to Reflection with a mini group of friends. oh i beleive i am topping 50 days this winter.

Hi Liesa,lLucky you, going on Reflection in a month. I just booked for three 1/12 sailing - it looks beautiful. Be sure to let me know how you enjoy the new ship,

Sandi

Hi Sandi:) oh you did change from Silhouette to Reflection?

I am guessing you are in AQ again;)

elbon,

It is good to see you posting on the Celebrity forum.

Have been lurking on Azamara boards because I am looking at one of their cruises in 2013.

I am booked in march with 5 others here. i do read some threads. but have not sailed on celebrity since the Connie cruise that Arno was on .i think that was spring 2011 not sure.

i really love Azamara. price incease, free ok bozze. i am there for the service and the food. i love seeing and talking to the crew and officers daily. you get to know them and the other way around.

I will be joining the cruise on the TA from Barcelona. Can you tell me what the cell phone service is on this ship? I don't know what it was on the Silhouette but I had problems with it. Princess ships seemed to have better reception and not as much roaming fees.

Thanks for your help.

Gypsyrose48

Since our cruises were booked only a month ago, we will have the opportunity to experience 4 different cabin locations. This is a drawback when booking late in the hope of getting better pricing after final payment date.

Stateroom AQ 1552;

AQ1552 is conveniently located near the front elevators and has a larger angled balcony, the beginning of the wasp-waist of Reflection on the starboard side. There are a few minor changes, if memory serves.

· There is no longer a master switch to cabin lighting, a confusing set up when I first encountered it on Solstice.

· The glass door to the upper shelves in the bathroom is gone.

· The small drawer on the main cabinet is gone and there are now only 3 remaining large drawers for storage. We miss the small drawer because it is literally filed with our medicine containers and digging deep is not as convenient. The design is probably more convenient for most people for storage of various clothing items.

· The sofa is no longer covered in white leather as on Solstice but rather with a burgundy cloth. It is as hard and unyielding as its predecessor so we sit down slowly.

· The location of the safe is again in the main cabinet above the mini-bar fridge not in the main closet as on Solstice.

· The closet depth is still not designed to accommodate suit jackets without folding a suit sleeve before closing the door.

· In addition to the main bar to hang clothes, there are two fold down bars for more apparel. There are no shelves in the closet.

October 15, 2012

The Cruise Critic Connections gathering was held in the Sky lounge at 10 am of the first sea day.

The Event Coordinator Evgeniya Paramonova, the Hotel Director, the Assistant hotel Director and even the captain put in an appearance for the inaugural CC meeting.

This afternoon 240 members showed up for the first Captain’s Club party and filled the lounge to its seating capacity. This was the first test of the sound levels in front of an audience. It was suggested that it was best not to sit in the front row. The third passenger to enter christened the lounge by pouring a whole beer over a chair. The band played well and had no need for microphones and some people did find it loud.

I doubt that there will be any topic that will gather more comments than the Sky Lounge. I find that the lounge is a more intimate setting with more opportunities to gather in small groups. It is much smaller than on other ships and will limit activities that filled the space before. There is nothing to be gained by criticizing the design because we will now have to learn to live with the decision made by the former president. I think that someone looked at all that space and felt that it was not generating enough revenue throughout the day and turned that prime viewing space into premium cabins. The ones who lose out are the elites who need all that space for free drinks. ;)

What a great sense of humor you have! I'm going to like following you around on your 50 nights at sea. Thanks for the little note about the master light switch being changed. I am so happy about that one. On the Solstice I could not figure out how to turn the lights on and off (and yes my husband thought that was hilarious ;)). Looking forward to hearing more adventures!

Vigo Spain.

The lawn is doing extremely well since it has barely stopped raining since we left Amsterdam five days ago. That brief interlude occurred as we left Gijon at 5pm last night. Everyone who had attended the Cruise Critic Connections gathering the day before was invited to a sailaway on the helipad. We were offered cups of warm chicken broth (the temp was cool but pleasant) or a glass of mulled red wine, warmed and spiced. This invitation might be extended again to Cruise Critic attendees, weather permitting, on the next voyage

We are still jet lagged, truly enjoying a leisurely start to every morning. We have been to all these ports before and have made no excursion plans at all. We continue to enjoy exploring the ship and meeting staff and crew members with whom we have sailed before.

Despite skipping dessert and spending some time in the fitness center, I feel that the calories are creeping on me. Except for one meal in the MDR, we have dined in Blu and have enjoyed every meal so far.

Entertainment:

· DJ Constantine

· Manny Kellough: Jazz Band

· Jefferson Ang: Solo Guitarist

· Allegria: String Trio

· Peter James: Solo Pianist

· Uncommon Ground: Acapella Quartet

· D’ Revelations: Party Band

· Fri Oct 12: “Hillarious Pete Matthews”

· Sat Oct 13: Reflection The Show

· Sun Oct 14: Celebrity Showtime: Eden

· Mon Oct 15: Music & Mayhem of Davie Howes

· Tue Oct 16: Lindsay Hamilton

· Wed Oct 17: David Klinkenberg

Welcome to Celebrity Wi-Fi

Internet link is down. Please try again in a few minutes.”

The internet access is a joke.. sorry, no it's not, not funny at all.

Vigo Spain.

The lawn is doing extremely well since it has barely stopped raining since we left Amsterdam five days ago. That brief interlude occurred as we left Gijon at 5pm last night. Everyone who had attended the Cruise Critic Connections gathering the day before was invited to a sailaway on the helipad. We were offered cups of warm chicken broth (the temp was cool but pleasant) or a glass of mulled red wine, warmed and spiced. This invitation might be extended again to Cruise Critic attendees, weather permitting, on the next voyage

We are still jet lagged, truly enjoying a leisurely start to every morning. We have been to all these ports before and have made no excursion plans at all. We continue to enjoy exploring the ship and meeting staff and crew members with whom we have sailed before.

Despite skipping dessert and spending some time in the fitness center, I feel that the calories are creeping on me. Except for one meal in the MDR, we have dined in Blu and have enjoyed every meal so far.

Entertainment:

· DJ Constantine

Hi Arno:

Glad that it's going well. Jefferson Ang and Lindsay Hamilton are two of my favorites.

Vigo Spain.

Entertainment:

· DJ Constantine

Thanks for the updates, sounds as if your having a great time. We will be joining you for the last leg of your cruise. so looking forward to see the new ship. Glad your enjoying AQ also, we love it and always book AQ.

Barry.

Yes, couldn't resist!!! Have booked AQ on new deck - 2146 on the hump, looks like a good location. Join us!!

Awww...I am going on an 11 nighter in March on Equinox.:D

Can't go in January too......

The internet has been down for the last hour and it has taken me at least two minutes of time to log on !@#$%

The Internet connections on Reflection should be faster and superior to any other Celebrity ship. However every time I have tried to log on I get the same message that the link is down and to try again. Several times I have connected only to be kicked off before being able to post but still charged for my time. It was explained to me that to maintain speed, access has to be limited. So far this has been inferior to any previous Celebrity sailing and I hope sincerely that service will improve.

The day started off the same as every day so far: dreary, dismal, rainy and grey. We did manage to get up at an early hour.. 9:15 am, in time to enjoy Elite breakfast and coffee in Tuscan Grille. The spread is very impressive and worth skipping Blu breakfast.

Today is a sea day, the second and last formal day as well as the day for the Captain’s Club party for port side guests. The party was held at 1:30pm and attended by about 250 select and elite guests. There will still be an elite gathering from 5 to 7 today.

Because of the internet problems that I am experiencing, I have not read any questions. The library is well stocked with books which have a tendency to walk away as a ship ages. There are a few standard board games but there again I don’t know if someone will pick up the want you wish to play on the first day.

I asked the restaurant manager if it was possible to arrange a sea day lunch for cruise critic members and was assured it was no problem to set aside a portion of the dining room if members wished to dine together.

3:25 pm: Access Failure

3:27 pm: Access Failure

again and again..

Friday October 19th.

We arrived in Malaga this morning, the capital of the “Sun Coast” or Costa Del Sol but someone forgot to tell the weatherman. The skies are overcast and sprinkles are imminent but at least the rain drops will be a bit warmer with a high of 66F expected today.

We have been on board for a full week now, and except for the lack of internet access , we have no complaints at all. There has been mention of certain people smoking on their balconies but we have been fortunate in that regard. In no location have we found the music too loud even though we have wonder about the type of music being played in certain dining areas. Last night was formal night and Blu’s offering of Lobster Tail, New York Steak and a delightful Angus Beef pasta dish were all cooked to perfection.

Celebrity Life Activities Reflection Today:

· 8:00am arrival; fitness classes (started at 7am)

· 9:00am table tennis tournament all day in X-Club

· 9:15am Lawn games (weather permitting) roll eyes...

· 10:00am Featured Film Being Flynn in Celebrity Central

· 10:30am Brainbusters Morning Trivia in Sky lounge

· 11:30am Musical Tune Trivia in Ensemble Lounge

· 1:15 Lawn Club Games

· 1:30 Photo Art Scavenger Hunt;

· 1:30 Interactive Games: X-Box

· 2:15 Memories at Sea Scrapbooking

· 3:00 Art of Entertainment: Art of Crepe Making

· 3:15 Games: Scattegories

· 5:00 Team Trivia: Brain Busters II

General Knowledge Trivia has been lacking or poorly timed (Choice between being tested or sampling in the social hour) but those who are good at music trivia should be in their element daily. We have attended one trivia and for the rest of the time we have found ample time to read.

We are reading with interest, thank you so much for your views and taking the time to post. You are wetting our appetite!

Where is the social gathering taking place?

if the Internet seems to be the only problem it is a shame but as you say no deal breaker.

Glad the weather is cheering up, we will be joining you on the 4th, looking forward to meeting up again.

Ruth and Mike

Archived