Sunday Feb 10, Sail Away-Come Watch the 'Queen' of Horns and NA.

PathfinderEss

Well Sunday is here and so is all that 'dam' tooting. Two Hal ships will sail out of Port Everglades and hopefully we'll hear those wonderful horns...........and ofcourse one of them is the 'Queen' of Horns, the Westerdam.:D Two weeks ago she broke the record at 110 toots, last week it was 71, come join the sail away addict's to see what she does this week.

We still don't know who the new Captain is on the Westerdam.......but Captain Henk seemed to have trained him well.:D

Add in another 4 cruise ships and we should have a really great sail away today.

Giving a shout out to Chief and Mrs Chief, hope your doing better today!:)

........and the schedule for now is (I'm sure it will change)

Ruby Princess 16:00

Westerdam 16:00

Celebrity Sihouette 16:30

Nieuw Amsterdam 17:00

Allure of the Seas 17:00

Independence of the Seas 17:30

All times are EST

Here where you can see and here all the action:

Web cam: http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Web cam: http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

..........and ofcourse here on the CC boards.

The website still won't play on my iPad. The site comes up OK but as soon as the live video tries to play I get a message that says "operation cannot be performed". It has always worked well in the past so I was wondering if another iPad owner would kindly see how they make out and let me know.

Maybe something has changed and they are now using a format not supported by Apple.

Too bad because I am going to be at a hockey game during Sailaway and would need to use the iPad. I am never interested in the game. I just go to keep my husband company.

LOL, First thing I do when I get up in the morning is open up my Internet Explorer browser and look at PEG:) Then I check emails and the HAL Boards:)

I will be here my Friend!!! ALL DAY!! Lots of chatter right now from the Westerdam re whatever.........LOL

Oh Melodie, before I forget........... Turn those hearing aids up!!!:D:D I just had to say it:D:D

Joanie

The website still won't play on my iPad. The site comes up OK but as soon as the live video tries to play I get a message that says "operation cannot be performed". It has always worked well in the past so I was wondering if another iPad owner would kindly see how they make out and let me know.

Maybe something has changed and they are now using a format not supported by Apple.

Too bad because I am going to be at a hockey game during Sailaway and would need to use the iPad. I am never interested in the game. I just go to keep my husband company.

Sapper1 just tested on my iPad and it worked for me.

I have family coming over today so I won't be able to watch the sailaway.

For those with sound problems, this is what I do and it seems to work: Open the Port Everglades webcam. Open the 2-in-1 Preview. Click for sound in the 2-in-1 Preview. Mute the sound on the "big" page. You don't have to watch the 2-in-1 but it needs to be open.

This is how it works for me (after much trial and error) both on my Mac laptop and desk PC. YMMV. Have fun today! :)

Most peculiar. I just checked the Fort Lauderdale webcam for the port and it works fine. Just not the Port Everglades.

I can't get the Port Everglades site to work on my iPad, either. I get the "operation cannot be performed" message. Like Sapper, I was able to get the Fort Lauderdale site working.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why the PE site wouldn't work?

I can't get the Port Everglades site to work on my iPad, either. I get the "operation cannot be performed" message. Like Sapper, I was able to get the Fort Lauderdale site working.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why the PE site wouldn't work?

Sorry to see you are having the same problem but happy it is not specific to my iPad.

Well Sunday is here and so is all that 'dam' tooting. Two Hal ships will sail out of Port Everglades and hopefully we'll hear those wonderful horns...........and ofcourse one of them is the 'Queen' of Horns, the Westerdam.:D Two weeks ago she broke the record at 110 toots, last week it was 71, come join the sail away addict's to see what she does this week.

We still don't know who the new Captain is on the Westerdam.......but Captain Henk seemed to have trained him well.:D

Add in another 4 cruise ships and we should have a really great sail away today.

Giving a shout out to Chief and Mrs Chief, hope your doing better today!:)

........and the schedule for now is (I'm sure it will change)

Ruby Princess 16:00

Westerdam 16:00

Celebrity Sihouette 16:30

Nieuw Amsterdam 17:00

Allure of the Seas 17:00

Independence of the Seas 17:30

All times are EST

Here where you can see and here all the action:

Web cam: http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Web cam: http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

..........and ofcourse here on the CC boards.

WOW! That is a LOT! 110!! Holy moly! Fun for us but I wonder how it is if you are out on deck of the ship!? :eek:

I missed the last 2 weeks but hopefully will catch it today.

LOL, First thing I do when I get up in the morning is open up my Internet Explorer browser and look at PEG Then I check emails and the HAL Boards

I will be here my Friend!!! ALL DAY!! Lots of chatter right now from the Westerdam re whatever.........LOL

Oh Melodie, before I forget........... Turn those hearing aids up!!! I just had to say it

Joanie

Wow today I need to turn my hearing aids down, very loud and clear sounding right now.:eek: Hope it continues.

Sorry Joanie I had to cut all your smilies, way to many to add mine :)

Thanks Melodie for the reminder. Both doing better and will stop by today and see what the champ has to offer.:)

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

Glad you are doing better Chief and Mrs. Chief, I'm looking forward to you taking back this sail away thread, soon. :D:eek::D

I don't know if you all saw this on yesterdays thread, so I'm brining it over because this kind of explains the music we were hearing so loudly yesterday. Our Saturday thread recieved this from Lou.......

PortEvergladesWebcam

Hello everyone,

We were running sound tests during sail-away today in preparation for a new tropical island webcam project. Stay tuned!

Lou

image.php?u=554624&type=sigpic&dateline=1293576157

Wow today I need to turn my hearing aids down, very loud and clear sounding right now.:eek: Hope it continues.

Sorry Joanie I had to cut all your smilies, way to many to add mine :)

Glad you are doing better Chief and Mrs. Chief, I'm looking forward to you taking back this sail away thread, soon. :D:eek::D

Hard for me to belive you are not enjoying this. I will resume @ next scheduled Sail-Away. Reminders will be posted NLT 10:00 AM on day of Sail-Away! Thanks for the great job of hosting.

Bruce

Hard for me to belive you are not enjoying this. I will resume @ next scheduled Sail-Away. Reminders will be posted NLT 10:00 AM on day of Sail-Away! Thanks for the great job of hosting.

Bruce

Just way to much reponsibility..........:D:eek::D:eek::D

Your welcome and Innlady too, she did an awesome job with the sail away but were both ready for you to take back the leadership of the addicts.:)

- :) - my cable INTERNET is still down, so i will have to get to my shop to watch,,anyway when you run you own mom and pop framing shop (minus the pop ) theres sooooo much to dooo--:) - thats why i really really need these sailaways with all of you guys lol oxox-- i think I'm getting way to attached lol

Archived