Quantum Inaugural Cruise - question

Not at that event... but they're having the TA Advisory Board meeting in NYC in April, so my guess is that will be when they have the next Quantum reveal. Normally the TA Advisory Board meetings are held in MIA. The location of NYC also has me thinking that where the Quantum will be based.... time will tell.

My guess is that the 1 day inagural cruise will be out of the NY area. Then there's the question if she will fit under the Verrazzano.

My guess is that the 1 day inagural cruise will be out of the NY area. Then there's the question if she will fit under the Verrazzano.

The Freedom had her christening in NY Harbor. The FOS also docked at Cape liberty with

No problems.

We know that the Quantum/Anthem are larger than the Freedom class, but we don't know how much?:D

Try this table I made up. With all the different measurements, meters vs feet, it worked as a simole guide. Hope it is helpful. Some of the data I got from Meyer Werft web site and others from Ship Parade.

1 Meter =3.2808 Length Beam Ship/ClassGTPassengersMetersFeetMetersFeetMeyers WerftQuantum Class 166,500 4,905 348 1,141.72 41 134.51 Freedom Class 154,407 4,375 339 1,112.19 38.6 126.64 Oasis 225,282 6,400 362 1,187.65 47 154.20 Meyers WerftBreakaway Plus 163,000 5,205 324 1,062.98 41.4 135.83 Meyers WerftBreakaway Class 143,800 4,730 324 1,062.98 39.7 130.25 Meyers WerftCeleb Reflection 126,000 3,400 319 1,046.58 37.4 122.70

It Royal handles it like they have in the past, bookings will open for C&A members before they open to the public. Royal will probably try to send out emails, but in all probability you will probably learn the details on CC first.

ditto...

try this table i made up. With all the different measurements, meters vs feet, it worked as a simole guide. Hope it is helpful. Some of the data i got from meyer werft web site and others from ship parade.

1 meter =3.2808 length beamship/classgtpassengersmetersfeetmetersfeetmeyers werftquantum class 166,500 4,905 348 1,141.72 41 134.51 freedom class 154,407 4,375 339 1,112.19 38.6 126.64 oasis 225,282 6,400 362 1,187.65 47 154.20 meyers werftbreakaway plus 163,000 5,205 324 1,062.98 41.4 135.83 meyers werftbreakaway class 143,800 4,730 324 1,062.98 39.7 130.25 meyers werftceleb reflection 126,000 3,400 319 1,046.58 37.4 122.70

Ship Stats.doc

Could it be another proofreading error!! :D

I would think that they would do the same as they did with Oasis and Allure and have a "pre-inaugural" sailing" (or two) which would then be followed by the inaugural sailing.

I always thought that was pretty silly. Inaugural by definition means "first" or "beginning". If there's pre-inaugural sailings, then the "inaugural" sailing really isn't.

I always thought that was pretty silly. Inaugural by definition means "first" or "beginning". If there's pre-inaugural sailings, then the "inaugural" sailing really isn't.

Pre-inaugurals are usually by invite, or that was our experience for the Allure (Oasis was the same). Invitations are sent out to top C&A Level Members, then media, advertisers and sponsors along with RCI Management. They are very short cruises.

Perhaps they should call them "shakedown cruises" to satisfy those who have a problem with the term "pre-inaugural".It isn't much different from similar practices in the hotel and restaurant industries where they have "soft openings" before the formal "Grand Opening" of new facilities. Pre-inaugural sailings are typically different from the later inaugural and post-inaugural sailings and are frequently shorter and include few, if any, ports of call. Broadway shows often have trial runs in other cities as they work to polish the finished product by gaining input from those audiences. What is "pretty silly" is having a problem with what is a fairly common practice, not only in the cruise industry, but in other areas of the hospitality and entertainment industries. Most of us who have been fortunate enough to be invited on a pre-inaugural cruise understand that the product will not be exactly the same as what should be expected when the ship begins its formal schedule.

Perhaps they should call them "shakedown cruises" to satisfy those who have a problem with the term "pre-inaugural".It isn't much different from similar practices in the hotel and restaurant industries where they have "soft openings" before the formal "Grand Opening" of new facilities. Pre-inaugural sailings are typically different from the later inaugural and post-inaugural sailings and are frequently shorter and include few, if any, ports of call. Broadway shows often have trial runs in other cities as they work to polish the finished product by gaining input from those audiences. What is "pretty silly" is having a problem with what is a fairly common practice, not only in the cruise industry, but in other areas of the hospitality and entertainment industries. Most of us who have been fortunate enough to be invited on a pre-inaugural cruise understand that the product will not be exactly the same as what should be expected when the ship begins its formal schedule.

In the hotel industry where they have "soft openings", do they then call the first night of operation after the soft openings an "inaugural"? Of course not.

Please go back and read my post again. I didn't say I "have a problem" with it. I said it was silly. Which it is.

I think the word shakedown is better suited as well. My TA has been invited on the one for the Breakaway. It really is a dry run with customers who are there (TAs) to only reference the ship for future cruisers.

Pre-inaugurals are usually by invite, or that was our experience for the Allure (Oasis was the same). Invitations are sent out to top C&A Level Members, then media, advertisers and sponsors along with RCI Management. They are very short cruises.

It must work differently for other cruise lines when they have their 'pre-inaugurals'. The brand new Royal Princess, set to debut in June, has two 2-night cruises prior to her maiden voyage 'inaugural' and they called them Preview Cruises. Both were open to the general public, but only after the Captains Club members had first dibs on them. They also have what looks like a couple of overnighters that are specifically for media and travel agents.

The poster's comment completely went over your head.

The part they think is silly is the semantics, not the concept. It's like people using the phrase "FIRST ANNUAL EVENT" because you can't have an annual event until a year goes by. So the actual phrase "first annual" is pretty silly. You can have an inaugeral event and the following year have the 2nd annual event.

This poster simply thinks it is silly to have a made up term like pre-inaugeral because that's like when a little kid says "infinity PLUS ONE!" You can't have something that is one more than infinity... because of the nature of infinity and you can't have a first event before the first event because then the real first event is the second event. It's a dumb term.

The poster's comment completely went over your head.

The part they think is silly is the semantics, not the concept. It's like people using the phrase "FIRST ANNUAL EVENT" because you can't have an annual event until a year goes by. So the actual phrase "first annual" is pretty silly. You can have an inaugeral event and the following year have the 2nd annual event.

This poster simply thinks it is silly to have a made up term like pre-inaugeral because that's like when a little kid says "infinity PLUS ONE!" You can't have something that is one more than infinity... because of the nature of infinity and you can't have a first event before the first event because then the real first event is the second event. It's a dumb term.

Thank you! :D

• 4 weeks later...

when is the ship projected to be completed?

we don't need to be on the first sailing but would like something its first season esp. if it is sailing from Bayonne to the Carib... .....

."not the nicest port but the closest"!

when is the ship projected to be completed?

we don't need to be on the first sailing but would like something its first season esp. if it is sailing from Bayonne to the Carib... .....

."not the nicest port but the closest"!

Late 2014.

The always lovely "My status is bigger than your status" has begun!

I can't wait for the Rhenium Status newsletter on this! The board hand-delivers them to us.

and now you know why, when we FINALLY made diamond, we would NEVER go into the diamond lounge. I'd rather pay for my drinks and hang out at the pool bar.

What they are labeling the "inaugural" cruise is only a one nighter. :confused: Is that normal?

I just registered to win it along with a 7 night cruise on Allure or Oasis.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/vacationofalifetime/?shareClickGuid=ffbb2f95-2bad-4f86-8566-60bb1bf9a304&revcs=Facebook&revcm=Share&revtm=&revco=Homepage&revna=

Us from Uk done again. Usa and Canada only

What they are labeling the "inaugural" cruise is only a one nighter. :confused: Is that normal?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/vacationofalifetime/?shareClickGuid=ffbb2f95-2bad-4f86-8566-60bb1bf9a304&revcs=Facebook&revcm=Share&revtm=&revco=Homepage&revna=

It could be from Southampton.

Let's review. For previous new ships that I am party to (Oasis, Allure, Reflection), they've had pre-inaugural" short sailings in Europe (maybe to make sure the ship doesn't sink). Then they may have a seven nighter pre inaugural in Europe; then the inaugural TA to Florida. Then they'll have a free or very cheap two night inaugural for TAs, Pinnacles, politicians and dignitaries (usually by invite only). Then they'll have a three night inaugural for paying guests, then they'll start their seven night inaugural sailing to finally for I don't know up to how many months they advertise it as the inaugural "season." I believe they sell logo stuff with inaugural sailing for up to a year.

Archived