"I could live here..."

cbb

We've traveled to all of these wonderful places and I wonder if you have visited somewhere and said "I could live here."

My 3 places are: Auckland, NZ, Adelaide & Sydney, Au.

If financial considerations or family responsibilities weren't an issue, where else "could you live?"

St John's' date=' Newfoundland

Glasgow (West End), Scotland

and a holiday home in Corsica :)[/quote']

Newfoundland and West End Glasgow have similarities.....

For me it is almost everywhere I go. I was very surprised that I didn't want to live in NZ and Australia when we were there last year. Loved it, would like to go back, but no overwhelming desire to stay.

Ireland, either on the West Coast in the South, or the East coast in the North.

The other place would be somewhere warm with a beach. Love Edisto Island, but somewhere similar with warmer winters might be in order. Not sure where that is yet. Obviously I need to do some more travelling!

Mo

Please enlighten me :) I hope you mean in terms of friendliness' date=' history & spectacular countryside...;)[/quote']

All of that, and also linguistically. No, I am not an expert in the field, just my personal observations.....Both are charming places and thoroughly livable. I love all of Great Britain and I think I could live almost anywhere there.

Love that tv show Location, Location, Location as I get to peek into the homes of locals.......

Mo

Vancouver or Napa Valley or Kauai or Coronado Island (San Diego) during the summer (frankly, year round wouldn't be bad in any of those places), Palm Springs/Coachella Valley or Santa Barbara during the winter. And Kyoto during springtime cherry blossom season...

On a realistic level, Victoria B.C. San Francisco. Greece.

On a fantasy level, a month on French Polynesia or elsewhere in the South Pacific for sure. A couple of months somewhere in the Med, the south of France or Greece. A month or so each year in some great city like London, Paris, Rome, New York, Rio.

Having lived in many of those places (Hawaii,Zurich,London San Diego,Napa Valley San Feancisco and Aspen) I would prefer La Canada CA. by Descanso Gardens. The axiom from Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, " there is no place like home"

All those places had some charm and some interest . However, I think their alure was that they were escapes of some sort and once the novelty wore off they were all pretty much the same and for every attraction there were equal and oppsite detractors. Sometimes more.

So why Hawaii now? Well having caught the first 3 acts of the Jerry Brown show, I did not want to stick around for the 4th.

An interesting tid bit about Hawaii, ( all Islands) is that over 80% of the people who move here move back to where they came from in 18 months or less.

... The axiom from Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, " there is no place like home"

You are right about that! Most of my heart is in the Ottawa Valley, and always will be, but some of my heart is down here in Dunedin, FL. And a teeny bit is still in Toronto. Good balance, overall, I'm content.

MY CURRENT GPS IS PERFECT ALL THINGS CONSIDERED. fROM MY WINDOWS MY VISTA IS DIAMOND HEAD, KOKO HEAD, KOKO CRATER, AND WOOLY SHEEP GRAZING IN A BLUE HEATHER SKY. THE DEFINED PEAKS OF KOOLAU RANGE ARE MY BACKYARD; SHIMMERING MAUNOLUA BAY WELCOMES ME HOME. THE UNDERRATED WINDWARD COAST OF OAHU IS A THIRTY MINUTE DRIVE PAST THE BLOW HOLE, SANDY BEACH, LAVA CLIFFS ANCORED IN DEEP BLUE DEPTHS, MAKAPU'U TO LANIKAI AND KAILUA WHITE POWDER BEACHES

LUCKY YOU LIVE HAWAII!:):)

Only one place for me - Switzerland. Where I do live. Moved here in 1966 and fell in love with the country and its people. Had to move on (boring things, jobs!) to London and NY. But returned home in 1995 and will never, ever, go anywhere else. I love traveling, I love cruising but I am always delighted to come home.

And PS. You cannot really settle anywhere unless you speak the language of the country fluently. That is a major factor.

Only one place for me - Switzerland. Where I do live. Moved here in 1966 and fell in love with the country and its people. Had to move on (boring things, jobs!) to London and NY. But returned home in 1995 and will never, ever, go anywhere else. I love traveling, I love cruising but I am always delighted to come home.

And PS. You cannot really settle anywhere unless you speak the language of the country fluently. That is a major factor.

Du bist richtig

Archived