Has anyone been to Labadee with 2 Ships in port?

epcopres

Has anyone been to Labadee with 2 ships in port? I have been twice to Labadee and it has been really nice but never with a second ship. Will this be a disaster of crowdedness. Ships are Freedom and Jewel

Thanks

I share your concerns. We were on Indy a couple of weeks ago and we were supposed to be there with Explorer. Explorer never made it because of weather. Freedom and Jewel may not be too bad togther. They won't bring too many more people to Labadee that Oasis or Allure would. However, I think a Freedom and Voyager class ship is too much.

Last year I was there on Enchantment and there was another ship there-larger and more passengers than EOS-can't remember the name of it. Anyway it was awful! The place was full of people. You couldn't even move if you went into any of the shops (not the straw market but the stand alone shops), it was hard to find a seat on the tram that went around the island, just people everywhere! We stayed for a while-not long-then got back on the ship for lunch.

I really think it is way too crowded with 2 ships there.

Was there sailing on Indy. Explorer arrived several hours earlier than we did and also departed earlier. The only problem we encountered was at the buffet right in the middle which was incredibly crowded. Next time we will go to one of the buffets at either end of Labadee. Plenty of lounge chairs. No other problems that we observed. Have fun! Labadee is my personal favorite port!

Explorer and Enchantment once in 2010. It rained almost all day so it wasn't as crowded as it could have been since a lot of people stayed onboard. And in Nov, we were there again with EX and EN, but we had a GS and cabana on Barefoot, which was more crowded that usual. Lines were longer.

When two ships are there at the same time, it's no more people than when Oasis or Allure are there alone.

Explorer and Enchantment once in 2010. It rained almost all day so it wasn't as crowded as it could have been since a lot of people stayed onboard. And in Nov, we were there again with EX and EN, but we had a GS and cabana on Barefoot, which was more crowded that usual. Lines were longer.

When two ships are there at the same time, it's no more people than when Oasis or Allure are there alone.

That is not true with all pairings. Freedom class with Voyager class can easily bring 6800 passengers. Double occupancy for Oasis is 5400.

Has anyone been to Labadee with 2 ships in port? I have been twice to Labadee and it has been really nice but never with a second ship. Will this be a disaster of crowdedness. Ships are Freedom and Jewel

Thanks

not much different than having Oasis or Allure there

I can only speak about our experience last year and with two ships there it was really crowded and we didn't enjoy our time there. If we had wanted to lay on a beach someplace it might have been ok but we wanted to see the sights and shop. That was just about impossible due to the crowds.

That is not true with all pairings. Freedom class with Voyager class can easily bring 6800 passengers. Double occupancy for Oasis is 5400.

I've never personally seen two ships of those classes there together. Point is, as far as I'm concerned, it's crowded with two ships. We already have a cabana on Nellie's booked for our Allure cruise for that very reason.

I've never personally seen two ships of those classes there together. Point is, as far as I'm concerned, it's crowded with two ships. We already have a cabana on Nellie's booked for our Allure cruise for that very reason.

That brings up an interesting question...how are the cabanas allocated when 2 ships are there?

I was on Navigator with Explorer docked as well...bottom line, just way too crowded. We had a cabana on Barefoot Beach so it was fine for us, but not fine for everyone else, as far as I'm concerned. You deal with it, but it's definitely not ideal. Wish they wouldn't schedule two ships in at a time.

That brings up an interesting question...how are the cabanas allocated when 2 ships are there?

In Nov when we were in a GS, Mario the concierge told us he communicates with the other ship's concierge and they split the cabanas 50/50. So, even if one ship has more suites, they still only get half the cabanas. So, I assume they do the same with Nellie's, only the excursion staff handles it instead of the concierge.

Next month it will be Grandeur and Freedom together and Grandeur is 100% sold out as of today (well no more cabins left). Hoping its not too crazy. We were just planning on doing to zipline thing and hanging on the beach though.

I can only speak about our experience last year and with two ships there it was really crowded and we didn't enjoy our time there. If we had wanted to lay on a beach someplace it might have been ok but we wanted to see the sights and shop. That was just about impossible due to the crowds.

I was on the same cruise as Dixieva. We were in port from 8am-3pm. W

We have always liked the relaxed atmosphere of Labadee. Unfortunately, there was another ship in port with us. The lunch buffet line was huge. We waited in line 45 minutes to get lunch. We should have walked back to the ship.

The security line to get back on the ship was even worse. There was no line--it was a scrum. We felt lucky that we left plenty of time to get aboard. It took away from the whole experience.

I am going back to Labadee in April and there are going to be two ships. I have my fingers crossed for good luck.

We have always liked the relaxed atmosphere of Labadee. Unfortunately, there was another ship in port with us. The lunch buffet line was huge. We waited in line 45 minutes to get lunch. We should have walked back to the ship.

The security line to get back on the ship was even worse. There was no line--it was a scrum. We felt lucky that we left plenty of time to get aboard. It took away from the whole experience.

I am going back to Labadee in April and there are going to be two ships. I have my fingers crossed for good luck.

The good thing is they will never leave you behind in Labadee. It's too easy to find everyone and even if you're in line when you're due onboard, they will not leave without you. :D

This is in December, 7000-something passengers combined was the official word IIRC.

551049_10152365910055084_1888283485_n.jpg

It was busy. The key was being on top of things - get off the ship the second the gangway opens and scope out your spot on the beach. Pay attention to when the food stations are going to open and get in line EARLY.

Most of all, hope you're the first ship in. We got in a few hours before Indy, so all us Explorer passengers did OK for spots on the beach.

We still had an absolute riot there all day. It is what you make of it - keep a positive attitude and you'll have fun despite any irritants. :)

The good thing is they will never leave you behind in Labadee. It's too easy to find everyone and even if you're in line when you're due onboard, they will not leave without you. :D

No?

I was watching stragglers boarding Enchantment ... they were on a different time to us so clearly the passengers didn't realise that the place was clearing.... the gangway had been drawn up and then brought back down for these guys....

393191_10150996122500352_695622559_n.jpg

• 5 months later...

How do you find out what other ships might be there with you? We also will be there April 29, 2014 - do you know who is there on that date?

Archived