Confused

Calker

Subject: Sorry We Missed You

Dear Xxxxx,

Thank you for your interest in Royal Caribbean International. My name is Xxxxxxx Xxxxxx and I’m your Royal Caribbean Certified Vacation Planner.

In response to your request, I have attempted to contact you by telephone. My apologies as I’ve been unable to reach you. Planning cruise vacations is my specialty, in addition to being a CLIA accredited Cruise Counselor, I also take great pride in providing personalized service. I look forward to having the opportunity to introduce you to our innovative ships, amazing activities, and the benefits and affordability of cruising.

I understand that your time is valuable and I want to make it easy for you and I to connect. To that end, I have included my contact information so that you can reach me in a manner that is most convenient for you.

Warm Regards,

Received the above e-mail this morning.

We are interested in RCCL, we have a cruise booked for this December.

We did NOT request anything by website, snail mail, phone or e-mail.

When did Royal start with CVP's?

How is Xxxxxxx going to introduce me to RCCL, when I am already at 40+ sea days?

After checking our telephone call log, I see no missed phone calls from RCCL.

I don't understand, why send out an e-mail to a returning customer? Especially one with false information.

How do I get rid of this CVP? I prefer to continue booking cruises as I have in the past. I definitely don't want to use this one who has no idea what she is talking about.

The CVP is the telephone rep at Royal Caribbean, that is what they have always been called as long as I can remember. Now I do have trouble remembering lunch yesterday, but I do think Royal has had them for some time. Wondering if they have another glitch in the system?

After I posted I checked my email and I had one also.

Interesting about the one I received - my name was spelled wrong. :D

Welcome to the club Calker,

Got one my very own self this morning.

Who knows what's up with the 'system'. We, too, have a cruise scheduled for December.

I got two (two different planner names), daughter got one, DH got one. I don't like the way its worded like I reached out to them and they tried to call me by phone. I don't think so. I didn't get any voice mails, let alone four voice mails. i got nothin'. Don't worry RCI, I'll call you, don't call me.

Unless of cousre you want to upgrade me. :D

My husband got one a few minutes ago with a different CVP's name on it!!!

Don't feel bad, you could be getting email offers from the UK office priced in pounds whilst living in the US. :confused:

I got one as well. I have not tried to call them and have not missed any calls from them, so the email is a bunch of baloney. I dismissed it, and chalked it up to being one of two things: Either there is a glitch in their system and it's randomly sending these messages out, or it's a veiled attempt to drum up business. I'm going with the latter. Think about it: They send a zillion emails out to past or booked cruisers, making it sound like there is something they really need to discuss with you, and in fact, making it sound like you have called them. Statistically speaking, some number of those pax will call them to inquire, simply because they'll be so curious about it they will feel compelled to call. Once RC has them on the phone, I imagine there would be an attempt to sell them a cruise if they don't have one booked, or sell them an upgrade, or get them to book a beverage package or specialty dinners or spa appointments or excursions or....

While this could be spam from RCI, it just smells of phishing!

Did anyone check the properties of the e-mail address to see if it was actually an @royalcaribbean.com, or @royalcaribbeanmarketing.com address? The "we've been trying to contact you" line is a classic phishing line!

Just looked and neither my wife nor I received one...

While this could be spam from RCI, it just smells of phishing!

Did anyone check the properties of the e-mail address to see if it was actually an @royalcaribbean.com, or @royalcaribbeanmarketing.com address? The "we've been trying to contact you" line is a classic phishing line!

Just looked and neither my wife nor I received one...

I was thinking the same thing. I didn't get one either. So if it was

a mass e-mailing wouldn't everyone on RC's contact list get one?

I would just delete it, especially since you all say that you made no

contact with RC.

Subject: Sorry We Missed You

Dear Xxxxx,

Thank you for your interest in Royal Caribbean International. My name is Xxxxxxx Xxxxxx and I’m your Royal Caribbean Certified Vacation Planner.

In response to your request, I have attempted to contact you by telephone. My apologies as I’ve been unable to reach you. Planning cruise vacations is my specialty, in addition to being a CLIA accredited Cruise Counselor, I also take great pride in providing personalized service. I look forward to having the opportunity to introduce you to our innovative ships, amazing activities, and the benefits and affordability of cruising.

I understand that your time is valuable and I want to make it easy for you and I to connect. To that end, I have included my contact information so that you can reach me in a manner that is most convenient for you.

Warm Regards,

Received the above e-mail this morning.

We are interested in RCCL, we have a cruise booked for this December.

We did NOT request anything by website, snail mail, phone or e-mail.

When did Royal start with CVP's?

How is Xxxxxxx going to introduce me to RCCL, when I am already at 40+ sea days?

After checking our telephone call log, I see no missed phone calls from RCCL.

I don't understand, why send out an e-mail to a returning customer? Especially one with false information.

How do I get rid of this CVP? I prefer to continue booking cruises as I have in the past. I definitely don't want to use this one who has no idea what she is talking about.

Got one too!

Yep...us too! I got one this morning and hubby got his this afternoon. I think they really could have worded it better. The whole, "I've been trying to reach you" thing is not only strange but it's also a flat out lie.

I guess what I'm really irritated about is that I just sent an email to RCCL about our dietary allergies for our June cruise and I thought it was them emailing me back the confirmation only to open up stupid junk mail. Shame on you RCCL for fooling me!:mad:

Archived