Pinnacle Class ship delayed until February 2016

FoxyTerrier

from the photo are the lifeboats on the Prom deck like the new Princess and Celebrity ships?

Hi,

I hope that the new ship retains a traditional wraparound promenade deck (with the boats above the walking area). From the artist's rendering, it looks like the boats will be one deck lower (so that you walk behind the boats like on the Celebrity Solstice class ships). I am disappointed that many of the new ships are eliminating this feature. On sea days, I really like walking around the promenade deck and enjoying the views of the ocean.

Chuck

Any idea where her homeport will be ????

Since it's now February 2016 when she'll make her appearance, she'll probably cross to Ft. Lauderdale and do Carib cruises from there. Way too early but wondering who will be her Godmother

Idon't know how any of you can tell if there is still a wrap around deck from that photo. If you look at a same angle, same size photo of HAL's existing ships, that have the wrap around promenade, you can't tell that in those photos either.

Thank you for the information.

Don't think we will be still be cruising by then.

Likely not us, either. Probably different reasons.

If this is what replaces the R and S class ships, we'll be done with cruising and we'll look into our own motor home.

Since it's now February 2016 when she'll make her appearance, she'll probably cross to Ft. Lauderdale and do Carib cruises from there. Way too early but wondering who will be her Godmother

I'm wondering her name. :)

queen Beatrix and future Queen Maxima (as of next Tuesday) took the honors on the last two and Maxima's oldest daughter, future Queen Catharina, is a bit too young

:D I meant the ship's name.

Yes, I remember Queen and Future Queen Maxima being Godmothers.

Idon't know how any of you can tell if there is still a wrap around deck from that photo. If you look at a same angle, same size photo of HAL's existing ships, that have the wrap around promenade, you can't tell that in those photos either.

Hi,

I enlarged the photo on my computer by 400% to get a better look at the ship. It looks like the lifeboats are resting on the hull of the ship. I have a picture of the Eurodam from the exact same angle. There is clearly space between the lifeboats and the hull. Hopefully, this rendering is not accurate.

Chuck

The longer the better for me. I far prefer the S & R ships and of course the Elegant Explorer. Fly out three weeks from today - can't wait:D (well, I can 'cause I have too much to do LOL).

Our roll call will let you know how things are on the Elegant Explorer:D

:D I meant the ship's name.

Yes, I remember Queen and Future Queen Maxima being Godmothers.

Got it; the ship's name won't be known until Seattle selects the winner of the HAL employees name picking contest for her, just like Eurodam in 2008

I would like to be the Chaplain on that one. Since I will be retired maybe I can be the first priest on board!

Maybe you could be the God Father, John. :D:D:D

Archived