Aqua spa cafe

mgmigs

The salmon was always my go to lunch. I did buffet a few times but I hate the lunch buffet, I also did bistro on 5 a few times and that was very good, once I just did a grilled burger which was tasty but probably not so good for you.

Just returned from the summit and there was no grilled to order salmon, tuna etc.... I commented about it on the comment card but not sure it will do any good. So sad.

I was on the Reflection in April and experienced the same thing. At that time, I was told that it was a pilot program and at that point, it was only on Reflection and this was the first cruise of the program. They did have Salmon on one day, if I am correct, but it was not a regular thing. I made my disappointment known and commented on it at the end of the cruise. I'm sorry to see that they are extending the pilot to the rest of the fleet.

Is the bistro set up like a buffet or is it waiter service or counter service?

Hi, Bistro on 5 is crepes, panninis and salads. You are served by

wait staff and it is 5.00 per person all you care to eat.

Just returned from the summit and there was no grilled to order salmon, tuna etc.... I commented about it on the comment card but not sure it will do any good. So sad.

Yet another example of how the Celebrity website is behind the times and providing bad information. It still shows salmon, tuna, chicken on the Aqua Spa menu.

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/menu/AS_menu_1.pdf

We were on Eclipse thru May 3 and they had chicken, salmon & tuna to grill in Aqua Spa cafe.

However, if they remove it I personally will not be surprised. Cruise prices are low ... It's becoming a case of 'you get what you pay for'!

So Bistro on 5 does not seem to be a low calorie option at all to me.

If you want a low calorie lunch, salad and maybe some kind of seafood (protein) in the buffet. Don't mind a little oil but not tons of butter.

what do others do for a warm low calorie high protein meal?

If you want a low calorie lunch, salad and maybe some kind of seafood (protein) in the buffet. Don't mind a little oil but not tons of butter.

Bistro on 5 does have a grilled chicken salad on the menu and I believe

there are a couple of other entree salads. But you are right, I would

not consider the crepes to be low cal;)

This actually makes me angry. I understand why companies need to watch their bottom line...but at least offer it for a small fee rather than removing it completely, if so many folks really enjoy it (present company included). That being said, I don't want to be nickle and dimed for all small things (so stop taking them away X)! However, i don't mind paying 3-5. or so for a fresh piece of grilled to order fish.

The breakfast menu has also been changed.

They have also installed a yogurt or smoothie bar in part of the Aqua Spa Cafe. I think the price is $5. Don't know if that is included in the drink package. Never seen anyone get anything from it. Hopefully passengers will boycott that yogurt bar and it goes away.

Welcome to Modern Luxury.

The salmon was always my go to lunch. I did buffet a few times but I hate the lunch buffet, I also did bistro on 5 a few times and that was very good, once I just did a grilled burger which was tasty but probably not so good for you.[/QUOTcafe

Just off a cruise ... Yes, no grilled meats or fish daily offered. I was really unhappy with the selection that they now have. I spoke to the Restaurant manager and apparently they have a new SPE program..... For nutritionally enhanced selection!!!! Be sure to read the menu posted. By the Yogurt Bar ($5 ) charge . We were just on a 7 day cruise so I didn't eat there for 3 lunches that week. One day they had Asian pork lettuce wraps. They were very uninteresting. I also had their quinoa salad, and pasta salad and rice legume salads but all were quite tasteless!!! For my last lunch I had a Miso poached salmon filet which was very good. Hurrah!!! Personally , in the old days , I usually had grilled fish or meat or some delicious grilled meat, salmon Tartare, sliced cold grilled tuna accompanied by my own made up salad ... All were very delicious..... Never saw any of these in the week I was there and they even repeated some of the salad selections... I guess to eat nutritionally, you can't get much variety!!! At least they still have the salad bar to make your own salad. That was tasty!!!

I did voice my displeasure to the Restaurant manager who did go out of his way to not only call me in my stateroom but asked to meet with me which I did. I also put my opinions on the comment sheets.

If you are unhappy with this change , keep your comments coming on this site or on the comment cards.

I certainly voiced my displeasure to the manager as well, put it in the comment section at the end of the cruise.

How many days, um, weeks, um months, um years do you think it will be before they update the website menu:

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/menu/AS_menu_1.pdf

Shall we have a pool?

Why should Celebrity be different that any other corporation or government. The main office is always out of touch with how things really are and operate.

I've never had any problem finding low cal/lean protein choices at the buffet for lunch (chicken, fish, roast pork). They have steamed veggies and meat choices... not just salad. Often times the soup is broth based. Sometimes you'll get lucky and the carving station will have a whole turkey.

I also order from the room service menu. Order two (or three) items and then "deconstruct" them to make one meal that works for you.

Think outside the menu... the sandwich bar at the buffet has tons of choices for people who like to eat "light".

Hi all,

We wanted to give a little clarification on a few changes at the Aqua Spa Cafe.

On April 6 onboard Reflection, we began our fleetwide rollout of our partnership with SPE Certified. SPE Certified is a unique certification program that defines a new way to eat by enhancing the nutritional quality of meals, without compromising taste. In addition to including SPE-certified items in our main restaurant for both lunch and dinner (available within each course), we also at that time fully converted our AquaSpa Cafe menu to be 100% SPE Certified. In doing so, our entire AquaSpa Cafe menu completely changed, and the aforementioned grilled meats were eliminated in favor of many other more interesting types of dishes.

While the grilled meats, however, can still be found in the Oceanview Cafe, we do still offer a variety of different proteins on our menu.

Please note that at this point, the new SPE Certified menus have only been rolled out onboard Reflection, Solstice, Summit and Century. Silhouette will launch June 26, Infinity on July 5, Constellation on July 19, Eclipse on August 3 and Millennium on August 23. Until those dates the previous AquaSpa Cafe menu will still be in place.

We have included two different menus, which include breakfast and lunch. Although we have a 7-night menu rotation, there are 3 different example menus for each meal included.

Hope this helps!

AQ-SPE-Breakfast1- 29 04 13 Proof.pdf

AQ-SPE-Lunch - 29 04 13 Proofs.pdf

Thank you Celebrity for your explanation.

I for one very much appreciate this.

Looking at the revamped menu, I must say that it does look quite alright!

I will see soon now:)

Are the MDR menus also changed in order to accomodate this SPE?

I did notice on a seperate thread that some evening menus seem to be completely new compared with our last 14 day sailing in January (onboard Millennium).

Hi all,

On April 6 onboard Reflection, we began our fleetwide rollout of our partnership with SPE Certified. SPE Certified is a unique certification program that defines a new way to eat by enhancing the nutritional quality of meals, without compromising taste. In addition to including SPE-certified items in our main restaurant for both lunch and dinner (available within each course), we also at that time fully converted our AquaSpa Cafe menu to be 100% SPE Certified. In doing so, our entire AquaSpa Cafe menu completely changed, and the aforementioned grilled meats were eliminated in favor of many other more interesting types of dishes.

While the grilled meats, however, can still be found in the Oceanview Cafe, we do still offer a variety of different proteins on our menu.

Please note that at this point, the new SPE Certified menus have only been rolled out onboard Reflection, Solstice, Summit and Century. Silhouette will launch June 26, Infinity on July 5, Constellation on July 19, Eclipse on August 3 and Millennium on August 23. Until those dates the previous AquaSpa Cafe menu will still be in place.

We have included two different menus, which include breakfast and lunch. Although we have a 7-night menu rotation, there are 3 different example menus for each meal included.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for notifying us of the change...and bravo for doing it here :)

There are apparently four levels of certification within the SPE system based on the percent of the menu which is certified. Which level of certification is now represented on Celebrity....Certified-10%, silver-25%, gold-50% or platinum-75%.

Which are the SPE dishes....apparently there is comprehensive nutritional analysis of each SPE-certified dish, available for guests should they request it....and of course will that analysis be available on the ships?

http://specertified.com/how/certification

Hi all,

Hope this helps!

What about Equinox?

Editted to add: the new menus look great!

Archived