port of call survey from RCCL

I was excited about how it was talking about locations you'd want to go to, so I chose US west coast/Mexico... Then they asked about my interest in visiting about 20 options for west coast ports. My other 2 selections didn't get this prompt, and none of the ports they were asking about are current ports from the san diego -> panama canal cruises.

I also clicked on West Coast/Mexico. I thought it was interesting they included this and they currently do not have ships sailing these itineraries. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I clicked mot of the ports as being very interesting to me. I would love to see some new Mexican Ports like Ixtapa and would love to see RCI do the Pacific Coastal, like Princess.

I also said that I would not recommend an excursion we did in Nassau and that prompted a dialogue box asking me to explain why. I liked the opportunity to express my opinion on my very specific concern. I am sure that RCI does read these, especially the parts they are "fishing" for. I suspect the West Coast cruises (since they are the only option that was not already on RCI's current itineraries) and anything that generates a dialogue box would provide flags to whoever is compiling these answers.

I am now a Diamond with RCI and this is the first specific "Ports" survey I have received.

I filled mine out last night. Why wouldn't someone do it? Afterall, I think the offer of $100.00 OBC on a future cruise is well worth 15 minutes of my time!!! :D JK!!

Where did you see the offer of $100 OBC. I have filled out 4 of these surveys and never seen that offered?

I have gotten a couple in the past 2-3 years. It seems meaningless, all those questions about ports we'd like to see. Then RCI just keeps posting the same old, same old in the Caribbean.

Considering that their "same old, same old" itineraries include cruises that visit such ports as St. Thomas, St. Maarten, San Juan, Aruba, Curaçao, Barbados, St. Croix, St. Lucia, St. Kitts,Dominica, Samana, the Bahamas, Labadee, Antigua,Tortola,Grand Cayman,Cozumel, Cartagena,and Puerto Limon and have included Martinique, Grenada and a few other locations in past years, what are you suggesting that they have missed? Unless you have been to all of these ports numerous times and have a number of different ports that you would substitute, I think your complaint, though a frequent canard expressed by some on these boards, falls a bit flat. You should also recognize that many first time cruisers, the ones every line seeks to attract, believe that a "proper" Caribbean cruise has to include such "same old, same old" ports as San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Veteran cruisers who have done or redone those ports still have a number of others that RCI visits. All that has to be done is a little research and you should be able to find a Caribbean cruise that offers what you are looking for.

Got the 2nd of two recent ones today, but this was related to Caribbean following recent our recent sailing on Allure.

Well as far as we're concerned, Nassau never again, future stops, anything in Columbia, no, Jamaica never, thanks to thehomophobic attitude there. As for Europe/Middle East, anywhere in Egypt, no, Israel, no, Dubai, no.

I got one and filled it out today. This survey did seem a bit more customized than past ones. They asked questions geared to our ports of call on the last cruise, an RCI excursion that we took (which we rarely do), and also asked questions based on how I answered where we would like to cruise in the future.

I got one and filled it out today. This survey did seem a bit more customized than past ones. They asked questions geared to our ports of call on the last cruise, an RCI excursion that we took (which we rarely do), and also asked questions based on how I answered where we would like to cruise in the future.

Yes. This one was much more customized than any of the general questionnaires I have received in the past. That is why I said I had never received one like this before.

Got an e mail survey Re: ports of call today. Anyone else get this ?

Those are all the questions we have today.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be used to enhance our products and services -

ensuring that future guests enjoy their experience with us.

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to complete this survey.

Yep, this came late yesterday, just answered it a few minutes ago. It was about my most recent cruise (Mariner TA) Very thorough questions about the two excursions we took, and about future ports I want to visit

Got the 2nd of two recent ones today, but this was related to Caribbean following recent our recent sailing on Allure.

Well as far as we're concerned, Nassau never again, future stops, anything in Columbia, no, Jamaica never, thanks to thehomophobic attitude there. As for Europe/Middle East, anywhere in Egypt, no, Israel, no, Dubai, no.

And absolutely nothing in Russia.

I got the survey as well. Interesting being able to rate ports, but so far as I'm concerned the best part was being able to complain about my shore excursion to WDW on my recent cruise. They waited 20 minutes for 2 latecomers to show up getting off the ship and refused to leave without them. We were already late getting into port with crappy times in port (1pm arrival) and were going to have limited time at WDW. Waiting for these two idiots REALLY annoyed me.

what was the format?

What ques. did they ask?

Did anything include Roatan-- we want to get there sometime soon while still offered by Royal C.

Most of the survey was based on the cruise you just took and the ports you visited. If you took a ship excursion they had that information and that prompted them to ask questions about that particular excursion. If you said you "would not recommend" that excursion it seemed to create a prompt where you could write a dialogue explaining why you would not recommend. I did that with one excursion. The other one was very good and I said I would recommend - no prompt for an explanation. There were no other opportunities for writing a dialogue.

On our survey we were ask to pick three other destinations we would likely sail in the near future. They then gave you a choice of ports in that destination you would be interested in visiting. I chose the West Coast USA/Mexican Riviera for one of my choices and I was given a long list of ports from Oregon to Southern Mexico to choose. That excited me. It means they are thinking about it.:)

Each survey seems to be tailored to your specific experience. If you feel strongly about a destination and would like to address that with RCI I would suggest you send an e-mail to the higher ups in the company expressing your opinion.

Archived