Room service hot breakfast?

Buried in a smoking thread, is a sentence about a change in the room service menu. Poster states that mid week the cruise line changed the room service menu to discontinue hot items. Poster was on the Oasis.

Any news on this reported change.

Thanks, m

Buried in a smoking thread, is a sentence about a change in the room service menu. Poster states that mid week the cruise line changed the room service menu to discontinue hot items. Poster was on the Oasis.

Thanks, m

I just read that too. i hope it is not discontinued.

Bill

LOL! SO agree with you. :D

I posted the news, replied to further inquiry just a few ago. So true as far as hot, but extra crispy bacon can be good warm or cold. You would have thought all old menus would have bee taken away before next cruise, but hey... Why breakfast hot items, what will be next for the other menus.

Frankly I did not question further into the week, just ordered fruit, coffee. We were a bit upset with rs on day six, cozemel. Wanted delivery at 7:00 am, bit at 6:10 am heard a knock on door. Stewart had our delivery, said they had so many deliveries, they had to start early. And we did not get a phone call ahead to say they were coming, which to me has never in ten years happened. I think the Stewart was a bit shocked to see our dark cabin and husband's pjs, no robe, no lighs and me in bed, hair wild. We just never expect service that ahead of time. But hey, at least I didn't have to make!

Thanks, m

I hope not! I've been looking forward to breakfast in bed.

The OP said no more HOT breakfast items in the middle of their cruise on Oasis.

Maybe someone else will confirm this is still true.

LuLu

~~~~

I sure hope RC printed menus without hot items just to put in our cabin, that would be too special. Hopefully someone will come forward so others won't think I'm not telling the truth.

It's shocking that 'hot' room service items would be removed mid-cruise. I for one enjoy having breakfast on the balcony...

I wonder if it was an isolated incident with deliveries and/or the kitchen. Perhaps there was a problem on your particular cruise and they didn't want to publicize it.

At least I hope that was the case and not a line implemented change mid-cruise that affects all future cruises.

The OP said no more HOT breakfast items in the middle of their cruise on Oasis.

Maybe someone else will confirm this is still true.

LuLu

~~~~

Not in my case.

Just got off the Oasis on Saturday. I ordered RS breakfast on the second morning and later in the week (not sure what day.)

The Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns and baked tomato were available all week. I could order from TV (hard to navigate) or hang the breakfast request on the cabin door.

My desire time was 7 - 7:30 am. First time it came at 7 am and second was 6:50 am. They would call me 2 to 5 minutes before the knock on the door.

It would too much hassle for RC to change the menu on TV and door hangers.

Tom

Cruise Slacker .... Thanks for reporting back. Good to know.

Seems the problem with no hot room service items for breakfast mid-cruise for the poster who certainly did experience it has gone away and things are now back to normal.

LuLu

~~~~

Cruise Slacker .... Thanks for reporting back. Good to know.

Seems the problem with no hot room service items for breakfast mid-cruise for the poster who certainly did experience it has gone away and things are now back to normal.

LuLu

~~~~

Whew...that was close ;)

I sure hope RC printed menus without hot items just to put in our cabin, that would be too special. Hopefully someone will come forward so others won't think I'm not telling the truth.

Could you tell us what was on this menu then??

Not in my case.

Just got off the Oasis on Saturday. I ordered RS breakfast on the second morning and later in the week (not sure what day.)

The Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns and baked tomato were available all week. I could order from TV (hard to navigate) or hang the breakfast request on the cabin door.

My desire time was 7 - 7:30 am. First time it came at 7 am and second was 6:50 am. They would call me 2 to 5 minutes before the knock on the door.

It would too much hassle for RC to change the menu on TV and door hangers.

Tom

The poster (HIFRPS) who posted the info about no hot food on the room service was on the same cruise as you.

Maybe HIFRPS was punked by somebody.:confused:

Bill

First few menus hanging in room were blue and included hot items, eggs, bacon, etc. As there was one menu left, durning morning service from our steward (thanks for the correction :), had whole week of no computer), the yellow menus were added to the supply. All hot items, eggs, bacon, etc. we're not listed.

I did not check the computer menu, I too found on earlier cruise to be too time consuming. I did notice the Stewards' carts as having the yellow copies. Perhaps they had a misprint and decided to use those copies anyway.

First few menus hanging in room were blue and included hot items, eggs, bacon, etc. As there was one blue menu left, durning morning service from our steward (thanks for the correction :), had whole week of no computer), the yellow menus were added to the supply. All hot items, eggs, bacon, etc. we're not listed.

I did not check the computer menu, I too found on earlier cruise to be too time consuming. I did notice the Stewards' carts as having the yellow copies. Perhaps they had a misprint and decided to use the those copies anyway.

No...Mystery solved ;)...In their post they referred to their cabin steward as "stewart" :D
Maybe Stewart was the guy's name that delivered the food. :)

I've never heard of your stateroom attendant being involved with room service delivery.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Maybe Stewart was the guy's name that delivered the food. :)

I've never heard of your stateroom attendant being involved with room service delivery.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The steward replenishes the paper menus in the room.

You guys are pretty hard, oh well...

Archived