Petition to add "Qsine" to Equinox and the Solstice.

NathanA04

I much prefer Silk Harvest.

I totally agree.

Qzine is on three of five S-Class and all but one M-Class ship and this is not good enough for the OP? Come on, please, how selfish is that! No feelings for us that love Silk Harvest, eh? Please leave SL & EQ alone. ~ Rick

I just don't understand the whole Qsine thing. Dined there twice (the first time it was not good so we gave it a second chance---it wasn't much better), and just can't see anything worth it for us.

Exactly our experience as well

"Qsine" is such a popular restaurant.

It certainly wasn't popular on our recent Infinity sailing. They were offering discounts throughout the cruise in an attempt to attract people. We noticed that they sent waiters from Qsine to help out in the MDR at dinner times (they were obviously from Qsine as they were dressed in the orange and white uniform).

We have tried Qsine once on the Silhouette and really didn't rate the experience. I can see that it may be fun in a large group but at $45/person we feel it is way too expensive to eat mini burgers (sliders), spring rolls and other gimmicky type fast food which is just presented in a fancy way. We felt that the food in the MDR was far superior.

We have no problem with paying for speciality restaurants-we dined twice at SS United States on Infinity as well as Murano, Tuscan Grill and Ocean Liners on previous cruises which we thoroughly enjoyed.

Can't wait until we sail on Equinox so we can try Silk Harvest.

Count me out and if they decided to remove it from all ships I wouldn't miss it. I do admire the marketing because it actually gets passengers to pay $45 for meatballs, sliders and french fries. I fell for the gimmick. Now if they could keep the atmosphere and serve a more upscale meal that the price warrants it would be a different story. Ordering off of an iPad was probably a unique experience the first year it was out and I am sure it helped contribute to iPad sales but at this point a paper menu would do the job.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Ugh. Count me out. Silk Harvest is far superior imo.

Gonzo70: While I enjoy Qsine I would not want it added to more ships. I like that all ships are not complete cookie cutter versions of one another' date=' but[b'] have some differences - variety is nice[/b]. Also Qsine become a little less fun with each subsequent visit; the whimsical nature of the restaurant is fun and intriguing, but quality wise I do not feel that food is as strong as some of the other venues. As such one you have been to Qsine a couple of times most do not feel the need to hurry back for another visit. I would like to see Celebrity be more creative in terms of the frequency of menu changes; it seems like hardly anything has changed with Qsine's menu during the years it has existed.

While we have only been on the Solstice and not done Qsine, yet, my opinions are strongly expressed by the two above notes of wisdom. As noted and shown below, we really liked Silk Harvest from our past experience and are looking forward to sampling it again in January when sailing from Sydney to Auckland, NZ. Plus, having/keeping "VARIETY" as outlined by Gonzo70 is wonderful.

My Speciality Dining Photos/Tips:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1434523&page=2

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 142,413 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Doing dining “family-style” is especially fun in an Asian-style setting such as Silk Harvest. That sharing of the experience adds to the fun and interest. For sushi, they put together a nice variety of options and the waiter did an added sauce option that was great to test and vary the flavors. Liked it LOTS here at Silk Harvest!! Testing new things is a good value/purpose for such cruises and these types of dining options. Fun, also!!:

SolsticeSilkHarvestSushi-1.jpg

Here was our mix of “large plate” or main items during our Silk Harvest experience on the Solstice. This includes the wonderful Spicy Pad Thai, Chinese Pepper Steak, Salmon/Scallop Stir-fry, etc. :

SolsticeSilkHarvestEntrees.jpg

Desserts were wonderful, including this Caramelized Banana with coconut ice cream. All low cal, right?:

SolsticeSilkHarvestBananaDessert.jpg

Another big fan of Silk Harvest here

-- Q-sine has no appeal to us --too quirky.

We are actually looking forward to being back on Equinox so we can enjoy Silk harvest... Hope they do not add Q sine to all ships--nice that some have a diff mix of places to enjoy! Does not have to be cookie cutter

Another big fan of Silk Harvest here

-- Q-sine has no appeal to us --too quirky.

We are actually looking forward to being back on Equinox so we can enjoy Silk harvest... Hope they do not add Q sine to all ships--nice that some have a diff mix of places to enjoy! Does not have to be cookie cutter

We feel the same way - far too much food, and not that special really. We've now been there, done that, not in a hurry to do it again,lol

Loved Silk Harvest, far superior IMHO

Lou

That's a great idea! I'll sign your petition.:)

On RCI's Oasis and Allure there is a restaurant, 150 Park, that changes menu half way through the cruise and also seasonally. For me, the Oasis version is the best restauant on the high seas. It would be wonderful if Celebrity would follow suit.

I like Silk Harvest better for repeat visits, but enjoyed Qsine a few times...but, like others, wouldn't rush to go back unless they have a new menu.

Lawn Club Grille is my current fave.

Andrew

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

We dined in Qsine once and came away with the feeling of now that we have done that ONCE there won't be TWICE.

Did not at all enjoy ordering off an impersonal Ipad, isn't that why in the first place you go on a cruise......to get away from cellphones, emails and Ipads?

Maybe we goofed up and let the waiter influence what and the amount to order. But we were very embarrassed at the amount of food wasted and didn't feel real good with the various different types of food we consumed . Being from a food distribution background, Qsine really reminds me of a Food Show. The one thing you learn from Food Shows is not to eat or sample multiple and many types of food in the sameday. It's kind of like drinking multiple types of liquor in a night, wine, beer, tequila, rum, etc, etc, your system can and will easily go into shock.

Keep Qsine just where it currently resides and in 2 or 3 years replace it with a new "Another Trendy Concept".

Edited by Shake

We generally only dine in Blu, and usually don't see a need to eat elsewhere. Blu is quite special itself. But having dined at Qsine twice (and will a third time this December), we can't see it on all of the ships. We have finally learned, after a couple of visits, how much we can actually eat there and not waste the food - it is only two of us, afterall lol We appreciate the novelty of it and would prefer to see it remain just that - a novelty on some of the ships. If you want to get into a discussion of specialty restaurants, we would prefer to see Silk Harvest on more ships over Tuscan Grille....but that's another debate :D

Michael

while I would personally applaud the disappearance of Silk Harvest, Qsine is a fun restaurant every so often...as in every couple of cruise. It's not a restaurant we would want to dine at twice on a cruise.

If someone wanted to change restaurant offerings, I'd rather see a mexican cantina or good spanish restaurant (perhaps including tapas) rather than have more Qsines.

Here's another vote for NO.....

Did not enjoy Qsine, and all the posts calling it "whimsical" is kind of another word for mediocre in my book....yes presentation is cute....once....but the food is mostly no better and in some cases worse than what is on the buffet....

I like the "change the menu" occasionally idea for Spec. Rest. myself but, no, no more Qsine's.....so very glad that Connie added Tuscan Grille rather than Qsine we will go there every time we are on her....most likely would never go to Qsine again....

Edited by Gracie115

Another No for expanding Qsine. We like specialty dining (all dining, really) to be about the ambiance, the company and the quality of the meal. To us, Qsine was loud, frenetic and a rather expensive edible gimmick. Sticking food in a spring or serving it in a bed of fake grass just shouts "Look at me! Aren't I clever?" The meals and atmosphere of Tuscan Grill and Silk Harvest are definitely more our style.

The idea of rotating "themed" restaurants in and out is intriguing; probably harder to change the decor and furnishings than the menus, but I like the idea. Even freshening the menus in the existing specialty restaurants every year would be a plus.

I'd love it if Tuscan was really Italian, not some sort of pseudo Italian. I fear that if a Spanish tapas restaurant came in, it would also be some odd hybrid.

And of all the foods served on Celebrity, the "Mexican" food at the buffet is the worst. I love all kinds of Mexican food, also Tex-Mex and New Mexican cuisines. Can't stand the "Mexican" offerings at the buffet. These are cuisines Celebrity just doesn't get. I can't even imagine what kind of a Mexican restaurant they might come up with.

Neither my husband or I like Qsine at all. [ I hate it.]

The name is cool though.

There is just so much food, and if you insist on ordering a small amount , they just keep bringing items you didn't order " for you to try " .

I freely admit I am not a foodie, but I would not care if Qsine disappeared from all the Celebrity ships.

• 3 months later...
My vote would be that each ship would have a choice that is bespoke and unique to that ship.

The menu could even be tailored to the region in which it is sailing to offer local specials.

Great though the S class are, they could be better....

Having menus reflective of the region the ship is sailing is a great idea, IMO.

I'd have loved to have tried Russian cuisine on our Baltic cruise, Colombian specialties on our Equinox voyage, Greek on our 1st Silhouette cruise and Croatian specialties on our second. For the Caribbean, each island has a specialty that would be worth offering.

The restaurant could be called something like Taste of the World. It could even offer theme evenings by bringing aboard entertainment to accompany diners with music/song of the country featured.