Singles to get Double Points

Don't you think that it is EXTREMELY ironic that you are chastising someone for replying before reading the entire thread???? :rolleyes:

I am not chastising someone for not reading the entire thread. I am simply pointing out that the answer to his post has is in the prior posts.

Edited by Cuizer2

You make an excellent point. Also, how will I finish two bottles of wine in that short of a period. This may be a mistake. Eh...

They don't give more than 1 amenity on a short cruise. I'm not sure if they give any on a 2 day. I don't remember that one little detail. But I know they won't give 2.

Gina

You are free to offer your view. But as an answer to your post I am suggesting that you read the entire thread and you will see that your concern has already been debated. If you posted but don't care for an answer, then don't read the rest of the thread.

I didn't know there was a limit on how many times a point can be made. I'm sure when I get to 20,000+ post I'll know that.

Not sure why you attack people the way you do, but I guess if I read every post from beginning to end I might know that too.

Hopefully you'll find something in life that allows you to be more tolerant and respectful of others.

Only Celebrity knows that answer.

:confused:Hmm, I asked two questions.

Does Celebrity know whether you agree with my point? Or does Celebrity know if you have noticed people "diluting" the C&A system in that way? Leading me to yet another question: Has Celebrity been reading your mind? :eek::D ;):D

Does Celebrity know whether you agree with my point? Or does Celebrity know if you have noticed people "diluting" the C&A system in that way? Leading me to yet another question: Has Celebrity been reading your mind? :eek::D ;):D

Not quite sure why you are asking, but yes Celebrity has a point system you can get to Elite in 5 short cruises with the Concierge class or better bonus. I don't know if that dilutes the C&A system as I do not have access to how many people have done it that way. To answer to last question, only if Celebrity has Carnac the Magnificent on their payroll!

Did you ever get your double points from the 2nd half of you Allure b2b?

Did you ever get your double points from the 2nd half of you Allure b2b?

No. I called the D+ desk, and the agent was very nice (while saying no). She acknowledged that some people got them on some late September sailings while others did not. She said they were not allowed to add the points as the sailing preceded the official start date of the program.

I am glad I got the extra points for the first half of the B2B. I do wish I could have gotten them for the second half, mostly because that would have put me over 210; I'd have loved to have a crystal block as a souvenir of that lovely Allure trip. Oh, well, I'll get one from the next ship.

Edited by Starry Eyes

And very possibly at a discount when single supplements are down. :)

Gina

And when 2 or 3 balcony discounts or savings certificates are factored in.:)

We travel with 4 most of the time (2 sdults & 2 kids) Next time we book the kids will be old enough for us that we will be booking 2 rooms. I will definitely be checking the price difference of either 2 in each room, or 3 in 1 room and 1 in another, or 2 in 1 room and 1 in 2 other rooms.;) And so it goes.....

Received the following email from RCCL this afternoon:

SAIL SINGLE. NOW EARN DOUBLE.You asked – we listened!

Often we hear great ideas from our Crown & Anchor® Society members that we are able to bring into action. One exciting change we'd like to announce is additional points for those that sail with our Single fare price rate*.

Beginning on all sailings that departed on or after October 4, 2013, you will receive one additional cruise point per night that you sail on our Single fare price rate for double occupancy staterooms. For example, if you sail by yourself on a 7-night Caribbean cruise, you'll receive 14 cruise points instead of 7. And, should you choose to sail in a suite – you'll not only receive the double cruise points as always, but also the additional cruise point per night. That could mean 21 points on a 7-night cruise!

We continue to thank you for your loyalty as our most valuable guests and look forward to seeing you onboard very soon.

Happy Sailing!

Your Crown & Anchor® Society team

Interesting how this is one time when RCI gave something more to a group without taking anything away from anyone and it still riles people up. I'm happy for the solo cruisers. Not much more to say about it I guess.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I am not chastising someone for not reading the entire thread. I am simply pointing out that the answer to his post has is in the prior posts.

I post as I read. I am not going to read the entire thread, then go back and figure out which posts to respond to. I provided the correct information. I don't care if some beat me to it first.

Really?

Received the following email from RCCL this afternoon:

SAIL SINGLE. NOW EARN DOUBLE.You asked – we listened!

Often we hear great ideas from our Crown & Anchor® Society members that we are able to bring into action. One exciting change we'd like to announce is additional points for those that sail with our Single fare price rate*.

Beginning on all sailings that departed on or after October 4, 2013, you will receive one additional cruise point per night that you sail on our Single fare price rate for double occupancy staterooms. For example, if you sail by yourself on a 7-night Caribbean cruise, you'll receive 14 cruise points instead of 7. And, should you choose to sail in a suite – you'll not only receive the double cruise points as always, but also the additional cruise point per night. That could mean 21 points on a 7-night cruise!

We continue to thank you for your loyalty as our most valuable guests and look forward to seeing you onboard very soon.

Happy Sailing!

Your Crown & Anchor® Society team

Like!

BTW - I used to get RCCL emails, but I don't anymore (I check all spam daily and my profile says that I would like to receive). Is it true that they make it to people randomly. I think I read people on various threads saying that they get some, but not all of the announcements.

Too bad it is not retroactive for all those cruisers who sailed by themselves for whatever reason and were loyal to Royal.

I know it is a new incentive, but, it would be a kind gesture...But, I guess it would be cumbersome to prove.

Anyway, it is a nice Perk!

Sea Ya

Too bad it is not retroactive for all those cruisers who sailed by themselves for whatever reason and were loyal to Royal.

I know it is a new incentive, but, it would be a kind gesture...But, I guess it would be cumbersome to prove.

Anyway, it is a nice Perk!

Sea Ya

Love that idea :)

I have been sailing solo since 2002. First paying 200% and finally down to 150%. I am so pleased about the new amenity of an extra point for solos. Yes, retroactive would have been nice, but I am surprised and totally pleased with Royal's decision.:D The light in the tunnel to Pinnacle just got brighter! More Loyal to Royal than ever now.:)

I just hope they find a way to police it from abuse. I agree that people who are truly sailing alone should get the double points but we all know there are point chasers in the world. We see people on the board here who book JS or above, well now for about 100 dollars in some cases they can get triple points by cheating a little.

Enchantment of the seas 11/11/2013 if you book a JS for 2 people the cost is $1461.82, if you book a JS for 1 person it is 1289.91, and then book the cheapest interior room for 275.16 you will only pay about 100 dollars more and get 4 more nights points for the person in the JS.

one of the reasons I have been told that RCCL will not give you points for cruises you pay for but can't go on is because the don't want people buying points, here is a way that I see some people doing this,

That way of thinking is crazy. There is no "cheating" involved in booking a JS, regardless of the price.

CHILL OUT!

I have been sailing solo since 2002. First paying 200% and finally down to 150%. I am so pleased about the new amenity of an extra point for solos. Yes, retroactive would have been nice, but I am surprised and totally pleased with Royal's decision.:D The light in the tunnel to Pinnacle just got brighter! More Loyal to Royal than ever now.:)

Totally agree with you:D

I just hope they find a way to police it from abuse. I agree that people who are truly sailing alone should get the double points but we all know there are point chasers in the world. We see people on the board here who book JS or above, well now for about 100 dollars in some cases they can get triple points by cheating a little.

How is it "cheating" if you are abiding by RCI's rule structures?

Also; for a standard room a bonus point = 100% bonus. For a JS to get an extra point = 50% bonus. Aren't you better off in your scenario just booking two inside rooms for less than half the cost as a JS and getting the same amount of points as two in a JS? Sure, you won't have a balcony, but I don't know any JS's with two bathrooms!

Just doing a little more math and if I just booked 2 inside cabins for the 4 days it would only cost me 130 dollars more and then we both would get 8 points vice 4. It will be done and is legal under the policy.

Not to mention two bathrooms; two welcome amenities, and if there are any saving certificates available you will be able to use them on each cabin instead of just one certificate. If I needed the points you are indeed correct, that's a cheap way to get them.

RCI made the rules. If you abide by the rules it isn't cheating.

Like!

BTW - I used to get RCCL emails, but I don't anymore (I check all spam daily and my profile says that I would like to receive). Is it true that they make it to people randomly. I think I read people on various threads saying that they get some, but not all of the announcements.

I don't know how RCCL decides who to send emails to, but I have noted on my comment cards several times about feeling treated unfairly by the point system.

I doubt if comments by solo cruisers were the reason for the change. I'm sure a lot of market analysis went into the decision. Baby boomers are especially subject to becoming single unexpectedly. And there are a lot of baby boomers. I'm sure this decision was driven by the need to maximize the bottom line.

One more comment, I don't understand the negativity of some on this thread. Why should anyone else's point standing cause such concern? Is it jealousy, fear of change, a need to control? It's like going into a restaurant and asking for a table for one and having the hostess say, "just one?". Sorry, but us "just ones" are a growing number! Flame away!!!!

Edited by Mystaken

Not to mention two bathrooms; two welcome amenities, and if there are any saving certificates available you will be able to use them on each cabin instead of just one certificate. If I needed the points you are indeed correct, that's a cheap way to get them.

RCI made the rules. If you abide by the rules it isn't cheating.

Agreed! It would be way cheaper and better to be able to cruise twice a year in a balcony and earn 28 points than once in a Jr suite and get 21.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forums mobile app