Rumors about January C&A changes

Karter

My bad, Doc would be OB and no one was rude. They were just asking why she cared whether someone would get a free drink. Phish's entire 'idea' is basically to eliminate perks from others so Phish could have exclusivity to the CL.

I respect an individual that calls it like he see's it!....K.O.....;)

Some folks are so caught up in thier ridiculous for certain "opinions" and how dare you disagree! As many posters here on CC already know that certain posters opinions are worthless banter and pure conjecture, never based on facts.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

As much as many may hate to admit it-some of Phish's banter came true over at Celebrity.

Because when someone likes to slam others they in turn are looked on with a critical eye. When someone professes to "be in the know" when in actuality they are not, they are looked at with a critical eye. Open yours and read the posts carefully.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

wow - this is only my views as to what i would like to see---

it is not gospel, straight from RCL, will definitely happen, or written in stone.

what i would like to see in the upcoming changes:

keep the CL only for suite guests. (grand and above)

do away with drinks in the dia lounge (not the lounge, only the free drinks) and go to drinks as follows;

dia members 25% off drink package

dia+ members 50% off drink package

new status between dia+ and pinnacle (if it happens)--75% off drink package

pinnacle members free drink package.

again, this is what I would like to see. it is only my thoughts.

if it offended anyone i truly apologize. but someone told me when I was a diamond member. "if you want more perks, cruise more"

i found this to be true...

it is not gospel, straight from RCL, will definitely happen, or written in stone.

do away with drinks in the dia lounge (not the lounge, only the free drinks) and go to drinks as follows;

The 'why' is what puzzles me. 'Why' would you like to see perks removed from others? Just to enhance your own? As you stated in an earlier comment, you have 'earned' your status. So you've reached Pinnacle and get all the bells and whistles yet you're suggesting that lower tiers lose benefits. The most obvious and simple conclusion would be selfishness but maybe I'm wrong. The funny thing about CC is you can get a totally wrong impression of someone from their words. You may just be a delight to cruise with so am I wrong?

The 'why' is what puzzles me. 'Why' would you like to see perks removed from others? Just to enhance your own? As you stated in an earlier comment, you have 'earned' your status. So you've reached Pinnacle and get all the bells and whistles yet you're suggesting that lower tiers lose benefits. The most obvious and simple conclusion would be selfishness but maybe I'm wrong. The funny thing about CC is you can get a totally wrong impression of someone from their words. You may just be a delight to cruise with so am I wrong?

read my revised post. you get what you earn, as in life.

it is sad but true. i am not looking for you or anyone to lose perks, but to gain more by earning.

don,t scream at the guy who drive a new BMW, he worked hard to earn it...

(that's not me, i drive a Toyota Pickup)

Edited by phish tales

I think that you are abundantly clear that this is your wish list as opposed to your prediction and for that you deserve applause.

I question if the CL's on the Oasis and remodeled Radiance class ships have enough suite guests to adequately fill enough seats and provide enough tip income for the lounge workers. I don't see any scenario where the P are denied CL access. If new level(s) were added between D+ and P it might be a nice idea to give those people CL access. That would ease some of the pain for the D+ cruisers and relieve some crowding in both the DL and CL.

Suspect that the D lounge will eventually become the D+ lounge and it will pretty much continue as it now does. I don't see RCL keeping the lounge without maintaining the evening snacks and drinks. D's will probably be getting drink coupons.

Just my thoughts.

I think that you are abundantly clear that this is your wish list as opposed to your prediction and for that you deserve applause.

I question if the CL's on the Oasis and remodeled Radiance class ships have enough suite guests to adequately fill enough seats and provide enough tip income for the lounge workers. I don't see any scenario where the P are denied CL access. If new level(s) were added between D+ and P it might be a nice idea to give those people CL access. That would ease some of the pain for the D+ cruisers and relieve some crowding in both the DL and CL.

Suspect that the D lounge will eventually become the D+ lounge and it will pretty much continue as it now does. I don't see RCL keeping the lounge without maintaining the evening snacks and drinks. D's will probably be getting drink coupons.

Just my thoughts.

Don Pedro you have some great ideas also. i would also be happy with your scenario ..:)

Edited by phish tales

it is sad but true. i am not looking for you or anyone to lose perks, but to gain more by earning.

don,t scream at the guy who drive a new BMW, he worked hard to earn it...

Like it!

I am D+ and drive a Bentley and a Merc. - Does this now make me a P? :D;)

Well, that was kind of wrong. But I doubt if they have any recourse, because it was just something that was "said", without any written verification.

We are sailing in December, because we liked the itinerary and departure port (New Orleans). It would have been nice, but we booked without the expectation of additional points.

Today they were notified they would receive $75 OBC for being told they would receive the points. Not sure if they are happy with that, I know they were upset about being told by Royal they would get the points but then again you can get a different answer everytime you talk to Royal.

Today they were notified they would receive $75 OBC for being told they would receive the points. Not sure if they are happy with that, I know they were upset about being told by Royal they would get the points but then again you can get a different answer everytime you talk to Royal.

Remember - All calls are recorded for "Quality Purposes" - Ask for a written transcript of the original call when the points offer was made. - Freedom of information?;)

If possible can you provide a little more info? Did you question/call about/comment to C&A about the no December Celebration? Basically how did this come about? Thanks.

Edited by looking4info

The 'why' is what puzzles me. 'Why' would you like to see perks removed from others? Just to enhance your own?

Exactly! Seems to be a selfish suggestion with some sense of wanting to "punish" those who are of a "lesser" status.:mad:

Great idea - not!

Over three and a half hours, you will have a concierge (or two) and five or ten people.

You will also have a multitude of angry D+ members who are now paying for their drinks and with no place to socialize.

Glad you don't work in customer relations!:rolleyes:

let emerald earn their drink vouchers as the dia folks did.

I did feel like Emerald earned an upgraded perk. A considerable amount of money is spent to become an Emerald member. Giving a taste of "the good life" may get more Emeralds to cruise more.

I find it humorous that this discussion is HEAVILY focused on what the top three tiers think should be fair for them or for one of the other three tiers to gain or lose with almost no mention of anything below Diamond.

Great idea - not!

Over three and a half hours, you will have a concierge (or two) and five or ten people.

Depending on the ship, you can have anywhere from 80 to 100+ Suite guests. Of course not all of them feel comfortable utilizing the CL, but that is far from your five or ten people.

I did feel like Emerald earned an upgraded perk. A considerable amount of money is spent to become an Emerald member. Giving a taste of "the good life" may get more Emeralds to cruise more.

I find it humorous that this discussion is HEAVILY focused on what the top three tiers think should be fair for them or for one of the other three tiers to gain or lose with almost no mention of anything below Diamond.

Looks a lot like our American congressman doesn't it?!

if it offended anyone i truly apologize. but someone told me when I was a diamond member. "if you want more perks, cruise more"

i found this to be true...

it is sad but true. i am not looking for you or anyone to lose perks, but to gain more by earning. don,t scream at the guy who drive a new BMW, he worked hard to earn it...

Though you still don't answer the question as to why you would like to see it. No freebies for anyone but the pinnacles. Apparently, RCI feels that the Diamond and D + folks have earned some drinks and, therefore, gave them some. You want those drinks gone but at the same time you are not looking for anyone to loose any perks. How much more contradictory could you be? Those drinks were just as earned as what the pinnacles have earned for themselves.

Once again, why do you care if RCI decided to give someone a free drink?

Great idea - not!

You will also have a multitude of angry D+ members who are now paying for their drinks and with no place to socialize.

Glad you don't work in customer relations!:rolleyes:

What???

If every single suite guest went in the CL lounge for a pre-dinner drink it would be standing room only!! Let's not forget- the entire family, kids included are allowed now. Come on-let's not get silly now!!

Who ever said D+ would be paying for drinks? Rumor has it they will have sole access to the D lounge. No overflows needed anymore. Even D's will not be paying as that rumor has them getting vouchers? Who ever said the complimentary/thank you cocktails are being eliminated??

Edited by Debde

Depending on the ship, you can have anywhere from 80 to 100+ Suite guests. Of course not all of them feel comfortable utilizing the CL, but that is far from your five or ten people.

You can also have 5 to ten! Seriously, from experience, there is no way there would be 100+ suite guests in the CL. That's folly!

The suggestion to limit the CL to only suite guests was ludicrous and pretentious!

While yogimax may be guilty of hyperbole his point should not be lost. Omitting the Oasis class the approximate number of number of suites on the Vision class are 18, Radiance 21, Voyager 33 and Freedom 31. So if we assumed two adults per cabin, on a Voyager Class ship that would be 66 adult cruise passengers. If 80% of them used the lounge, every evening, that would be 52 passengers. Split between the two dinner seating 26 per seating. On the Vision class it would compute to 14 passengers per seating.

While yogimax may be guilty of hyperbole his point should not be lost. Omitting the Oasis class the approximate number of number of suites on the Vision class are 18, Radiance 21, Voyager 33 and Freedom 31. So if we assumed two adults per cabin, on a Voyager Class ship that would be 66 adult cruise passengers. If 80% of them used the lounge, every evening, that would be 52 passengers. Split between the two dinner seating 26 per seating. On the Vision class it would compute to 14 passengers per seating.

Excellent analysis Don Pedro! Obviously, I use hyperbole to make a point. The fact is that the CL would be a pretty lonely place without D+.

You can also have 5 to ten! Seriously, from experience, there is no way there would be 100+ suite guests in the CL. That's folly!

The suggestion to limit the CL to only suite guests was ludicrous and pretentious!

I agree. I don't think the CL should be limited to Suite Guests. I do know our first experience with the CL was not a good one, because it was so crowded. We made a quick exit. We are more comfortable now, but I am sure there are other Suite Guests who feel the same as we did that first time. Our concierge didn't (couldn't really) greet us as he was knee deep in people.

Excellent analysis Don Pedro! Obviously, I use hyperbole to make a point. The fact is that the CL would be a pretty lonely place without D+.

Geez as if we need you to admit you stretch the truth to the point of silliness. That is like saying the sun is hot... On the plus side at least you confirmed what was known. So not a complete waste of time reading it.:D

jc